Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They are going to try and tank. 

Nope...they will trade with Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers. Simply reloading this year and will use the high draft pick next year to send in a trade package to the Packers.

23 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

They'd have to tank for Trevor tho. I just don't see Belichick doing that. Even with Matt Cassel, they went I believe 10-6.

Try 11-5. Patriots will still be in the division winner race in the last week of December, mark my words.

• Like 1

He’s going back to his roots. Loaded up on defense and will make them the focus. Any time he has a top defense the entire team becomes dangerous no matter who is the QB. 

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Try 11-5. Patriots will still be in the division winner race in the last week of December, mark my words.

I agree. I am actually rooting for this to happen to further impact Brady's legacy. It would be great to see a brand new QB take them to playoffs (only to get beaten down by the Colts). I think the Bucs will be 9-7 and miss the playoffs by losing in week 17 to the Saints. 

On 4/24/2020 at 1:19 PM, cdgacoltsfan said:

The Patriots didn't address any needs in free agency and traded out of the first round. They will have a ton of picks in the 2021 draft. Hmmm...are there any good QBs coming out next year ???:woah:

Reminds me of the deal that went down for Herschel Walker. How far is Clemson from Gillette Stadium?

20 hours ago, 18to87 said:

I agree. I am actually rooting for this to happen to further impact Brady's legacy. It would be great to see a brand new QB take them to playoffs (only to get beaten down by the Colts). I think the Bucs will be 9-7 and miss the playoffs by losing in week 17 to the Saints. 

I think I saw the Bucs are favored in their division. For sure their success percentage in the Red Zone are will explode with Gronk.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• FWIW I thought this from last weeks mail bag was funny because it seems to support what both you and I are saying.  If what I understand your point being is the dline including Buckner played similarly well both games and my belief that 3techs don’t need to record sacks and tfls to be dominant. : “I can understand why fans who watched last Sunday's opener against the Jaguars, and then checked out the box score afterwards, might come away with the conclusion that DeForest Buckner didn't have much of an impact on the game. After all, the Colts traded away their 13th-overall pick in this year's NFL Draft to acquire Buckner, and then immediately handed him a huge contract extension, so expectations are high. I get that. But looking back at the film, I think what's evident is Buckner deserves a little bit more credit beyond his stat-sheet line of six tackles (one for a loss). As the defensive line started to gel in the second half — that's when it limited Jacksonville to six combined rushing yards and had three of its four sacks — you began to feel Buckner much more consistently, and the attention placed on him allowed for others (I thought linebacker Bobby Okereke was fantastic in the second half) to make plays. Buckner also had the eighth-best week among all NFL interior defensive linemen in run stop win rate in Week 1, according to ESPN. Now, moving forward, of course you want to see more of those impact-type plays out of Buckner — sacks, big run stuffs, forced fumbles, defensive touchdowns, etc. But I think it's also important to to remember there are other ways for the three-tech to impact the game, and Buckner did a pretty good job of that last Sunday.”  
    • I’m a little surprised you don’t see a difference in dline play between  the two games.  I don’t have access to any of the services but I would suspect that The grades are significantly higher for the dline in Sunday compared to the Jax game.   but Sunday was even more dominant than i thought, and I thought it was dominant.  Between the opening drive during which MN gained 75 and scored a FG and their last meaningless drive for 75 yds and a TD, the Colts gave up a total of 25 other yds.    against Jax, we gave up around 60 yds rushing in the 1st half and the dline looked less than dominant then imo.  Jax had 5 of 8 drives during which they scored if you throw out the kneel downs at the end of each half.   Percentage of  tackles and sacks for linemen were very similar in both games.  You said that colts had more pressures during the mn game and I said probably a function of Jax short passing attack.   buckner had 6 tackles v Jax and 3 v mn.  He had no sacks v Jax but 1.5 tfl.  He had 1.5 sacks v mn but no other tfl.  Statistically counting sacks, tackles, and tfl he was “better” V Jax.  But you probably don’t think He was better Iwould suspect.   i would be shocked if the dline didn’t grade out higher v. Mn than Jax even though the tackles, tfl, and sacks were very similar over all.   im sure teams keep advanced stats that show a clearer pic of when a d lineman wins or loses on each Play that doesn’t necessarily match easier to see stats like tackles, etc.   do you have access to the grades?  I’d really be interested in the units grades in the two games.   i agree there can be other factors like obviously opponent strength and the play of LBs and dbs.  And mn looks like they might suck pretty bad surprisingly to me.  I think the main problem with lasts weeks game imo is the LBs are weak in coverage and Indy is as a result susceptible to short passing attacks.     that being said, rarely do dlines dominate the LOs like the colts did.   i maintain that a guy like Buckner and dts in general could have nit recorded a sack, had only a couple of tackles and be more dominant than In a game where he recorded a few tackles and a couple of sacks.    
    • Let's hire an exorcist!  
    • Didn't Nick Bosa get hurt this week too?
    • This might be helpful.
  • Members