Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts already in talks to move down

22 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

And those were early 2nd round picks. No way we trade down from #34...unless it's like 2-3 spots.

If a team like the Saints flat out gave you a future 1st rounder and current 3rd rounder, would you trade your #34? Just curious. I would.

28 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Rock-Ya-Sin looks like he can be a solid no2 CB as well. We'll see on Turay too. Darius and Braden are great hits though in the 2nd.

Not sold on Ya-Sin or Turay but I hope you're right!

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If a team like the Saints flat out gave you a future 1st rounder and current 3rd rounder, would you trade your #34? Just curious. I would.

Next year's one is only going to be a few spots above our #34 this year. 

Saints have picks 88, 130, and 169.

They got nothing this year until 88, so if they are desperate for a player to go all-in for next year, I'd make them mortgage and ask for picks 88 and 130 along with the 1. 

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Next year's one is only going to be a few spots above our #34 this year. 

Saints have picks 88, 130, and 169.

They got nothing this year until 88, so if they are desperate for a player to go all-in for next year, I'd make them mortgage and ask for picks 88 and 130 along with the 1. 

Reasonable. One thing I wouldn't get into is a bidding war with Miami who doesn't seem to be all in now for 2020. If the Dolphins want to do just a future 1st, go ahead, do the deal with them, IMO. 

The other alternative is a future 1st and 3rd, plus this year's 3rd.

It doesn't matter if we trade down or not, what matters is who we pick with those ultimately. Picking Kemoko Turay vs Tyquan Lewis in the same draft resulted in different results for us. That is what will define the draft, what the players do, not whether they were 5 or 10 picks apart.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I still wanted both our 2nd round picks in the top half of the 2nd round to take advantage of the good talent still available. Plus, the extra 3rd round pick is the cherry on top if we end up with 44, 47, 75 and 78.

If the Patriots could get a 2nd and 3rd from the Chargers both in the early part of the 2nd round for pick No.23, we can do something similar with the Falcons, I felt.

The Patriots moved down a half a round.   That’s how they hit a 3.   People here are talking about trading back 5 spots and getting a 3.

Big difference.   One is realistic.  One is not.   It’s that way every year here.   People do not learn. 

32 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Last year we received offers to trade back from 34 but decided to stay and took Rock.  This will be interesting.  The price should be expensive.

The price is based on how far back we’re willing to move.

Move a little — get a little.

Move a lot — get a lot.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Patriots moved down a half a round.   That’s how they hit a 3.   People here are talking about trading back 5 spots and getting a 3.

Big difference.   One is realistic.  One is not.   It’s that way every year here.   People do not learn. 

Yes, moving down 5 spots is not going to get a 3rd, 4th at best, I agree.

34 to 47 in the above Falcons theoretical case I laid out is 13 spots down, I think that is similar to half a round. :) 

Patriots moved 14 spots from 23 to 37. I think my scenario is very realistic, if you look at it closely to get the Falcons' 2nd and 3rd round picks.

30 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Weird year for trying to trade for someone’s 1st rounder next. Too much unknown going on in the world for that. 

Maybe that is why you go for someone's 1st rounder next year because next year's season has a greater chance to start and function, than this year's?? Just thinking out loud.

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Maybe that is why you go for someone's 1st rounder next year because next year's season has a greater chance to start and function, than this year's?? Just thinking out loud.

We could get into a whole different topic. But not sure how a draft would work if no college football. So if you trade for a pick next year and there’s no draft, you’d stand the chance of losing a pick. Might be a reason we haven’t seen future picks traded 

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

We could get into a whole different topic. But not sure how a draft would work if no college football. So if you trade for a pick next year and there’s no draft, you’d stand the chance of losing a pick. Might be a reason we haven’t seen future picks traded 

Gotcha!!! Good point.

49 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes, moving down 5 spots is not going to get a 3rd, 4th at best, I agree.

34 to 47 in the above Falcons theoretical case I laid out is 13 spots down, I think that is similar to half a round. :) 

Patriots moved 14 spots from 23 to 37. I think my scenario is very realistic, if you look at it closely to get the Falcons' 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Yes...   sorry...  I thought the Pats moved to 39, not 37.   That would’ve been 16 spaces.

As to your proposal.   Isn’t this one we discussed a few days ago?   Or am I misremembering?

Your deal comes up 70 points short.   Teams rarely give up that kind of points in a deal.   I try not to use terms like never — so I’ll say rarely in this case.   I’m going by memory at the moment so I’ll have to double check...

Archived