Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Three WRs to choose from

I see Tee Higgins: Michael Pittman; and Laviska Shenault as the best remaining WRs. One of those 3 should be available for the Colts in the 2nd round. Who do you take? 

Higgins for some reason is valued all over the place by the experts but generally still made their first round grade.  Then it’s a tossup between the other two as far as ranking. 

I’m thinking the Colts don’t grab a WR until pick 44 and it will be Pittman. 

Thoughts as we wait for the next 10 hours to find out?

8 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I see Tee Higgins: Michael Pittman; and Laviska Shenault as the best remaining WRs. One of those 3 should be available for the Colts in the 2nd round. Who do you take? 

Higgins for some reason is valued all over the place by the experts but generally still made their first round grade.  Then it’s a tossup between the other two as far as ranking. 

I’m thinking the Colts don’t grab a WR until pick 44 and it will be Pittman. 

Thoughts as we wait for the next 10 hours to find out?

Van Jefferson  can be had later. Second best route  runner  in the draft

2 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Whoops. Denzel Mims not mentioned? What was I thinking? Add him into the mix please. I’m still picking Pittman. 

If we go receiver  I prefer  Pittman  and Jefferson,  but knowing  Ballard  it will be some high upside  guy who drops the football 

5 minutes ago, twfish said:

Extremely doubtful, i fully anticipate we see a full on run at WR

We shall see

There are some really good players over several position groups still available....

If you count Claypool, there are 5 really good options for a big WR to still be available at 44

Id be VERY surprised if all 5 were gone in 10 picks

The most telling quote from CB was how the press was always stressing about WRs, when he stresses over the lines....

We will see.... if they go WR with 34 it won’t be the first time I was wrong. :)

Isn't it interesting that Tee Higgins gets so little love on this Board? There were some experts who had him as a sure fire first rounder. 

As far as Shenault, there are other so called experts who claim he's the most dynamic WR of them all. I don't buy that, but I do believe he's a heckuva player. 

The Colts have some great options on their plate. I just hope they don't trade too far down to lose a shot at one of the Big 4. 

17 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Isn't it interesting that Tee Higgins gets so little love on this Board? There were some experts who had him as a sure fire first rounder. 

As far as Shenault, there are other so called experts who claim he's the most dynamic WR of them all. I don't buy that, but I do believe he's a heckuva player. 

The Colts have some great options on their plate. I just hope they don't trade too far down to lose a shot at one of the Big 4. 

He may be a fine pro....Tee Higgens had some extreme difficulty getting any separation from the OSU DBs....   I worry that he will just be a JAG (just another guy)

Pittman is still my WR1 based on whos left. People get super complicated when evaluating players, but for me #1 trait for a WR still is CATCHING THE BALL. Pittman does not drop passes. Add in he's a great special teamer, team captain, and ran a 4.5 at 6'4 220, and has NFL blood lines. Sign me up.

Mims, I love, but his drops do scare me a bit. Higgins and Shenault scare me a bit, for different reasons.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Here’s the order I would like the receivers in:

1. Pittman 

2. Mims

3. Tee Higgins

4. Van Jefferson 

5. Bryan Edwards

What turns you off about Shenault? He looks dynamic on tape, and from what I understand, his core muscle injury is the only reason he didn't run a sub 4.5 40 at the combine. Just wondering. 

That said, I like Pittman as my #1 also, followed by Mims. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose said:

What turns you off about Shenault? He looks dynamic on tape, and from what I understand, his core muscle injury is the only reason he didn't run a sub 4.5 40 at the combine. Just wondering. 

That said, I like Pittman as my #1 also, followed by Mims. 

I’ve seen his type before. The guy who just “makes plays”. He reminds me too much of Cordarelle Patterson. He’s not a complete receiver and probably never will be. He’s an offensive weapon. I want a traditional, polished WR.

13 hours ago, Stephen said:

If we go receiver  I prefer  Pittman  and Jefferson,  but knowing  Ballard  it will be some high upside  guy who drops the football 

An answer to that headache:  Pittman had 2 drops on 140 targets in 2019.  That's like having Jason Kidd shoot your free throws.

Archived