Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

Here are the best players left on the board for the start of the 2nd round

(Rankings from draftek as of April 7, when I laid out my board)

 

15 - Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama

18 - Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama

19 - Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn St

20 - Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

21 - Netane Muti, OG, Fresno St

26 - AJ Epanesa, DL5T, Iowa

27 - Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU

30 - Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado

31 - Antoine Winfield Jr, S, Minnesota

32 - Josh Jones, OT, Houston

33 - Ross Blacklock, DL3T, TCU

34 - Grant Delpit, S, LSU

35 - Justin Madubuike, DL3T, Texas A&M

37 - De'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia

38 - Neville Gallimore, DL3T, Oklahoma

39 - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

40 - Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia

41 - Zach Baun, OLB, Wisconsin

42 - Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoire-Rhyne

44 - Lloyd Cushenberry, OC, LSU

47 - Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah

48 - Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

49 - Malik Harrison, ILB, Ohio ST

50 - Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington

51 - Denzell Mims, WR, Baylor

52 - Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon

53 - KJ Hamler, WR, Penn St

54 - Troy Dye, ILB, Oregon

55 - Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame

56 - JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio St

57 - John Simpson, OG, Clemson

58 - Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia

59 - Prince Tega Winogho, OT, Auburn

60 - Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama

61 - Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame

62 - Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida

64 - Marlon Davidson, DL5T, Auburn

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like them all who do you think colts have higher at RB? Swift Dobbkins or Taylor ? I know not crushing need but if they love one ? Maybe they take him. I like all 3. Antoine Winfield Jr I love. Love too get Mims or Pittman too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that RBs are devalued, not disagreeing, but the player who is most complete with hardly any holes in his game is DeAndre Swift, IMO.

 

Taylor, Mims, Claypool, and McKinney are up there too.

 

Josh Jones OT Houston.

 

With this many players, moving down a few spots looks really good.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

With this many players, moving down a few spots looks really good.

I was thinking the same thing.  I doubt CB thought there would be this many targeted players available at 34.  Move down a few spots, pick up some picks, and still get one of the players you wanted?  Yes, please.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, coltsfan40 said:

At 34 and 44 we can get couple impact players help right now! I love Chinn too !

On this list, my targeted players are:

15 - Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama

32 - Josh Jones, OT, Houston

34 - Grant Delpit, S, LSU

51 - Denzell Mims, WR, Baylor

55 - Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame

61 - Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Here are the best players left on the board for the start of the 2nd round

(Rankings from draftek as of April 7, when I laid out my board)

 

15 - Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama

18 - Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama

19 - Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn St

20 - Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

21 - Netane Muti, OG, Fresno St

26 - AJ Epanesa, DL5T, Iowa

27 - Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU

30 - Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado

31 - Antoine Winfield Jr, S, Minnesota

32 - Josh Jones, OT, Houston

33 - Ross Blacklock, DL3T, TCU

34 - Grant Delpit, S, LSU

35 - Justin Madubuike, DL3T, Texas A&M

37 - De'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia

38 - Neville Gallimore, DL3T, Oklahoma

39 - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

40 - Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia

41 - Zach Baun, OLB, Wisconsin

42 - Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoire-Rhyne

44 - Lloyd Cushenberry, OC, LSU

47 - Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah

48 - Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

49 - Malik Harrison, ILB, Ohio ST

50 - Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington

51 - Denzell Mims, WR, Baylor

52 - Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon

53 - KJ Hamler, WR, Penn St

54 - Troy Dye, ILB, Oregon

55 - Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame

56 - JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio St

57 - John Simpson, OG, Clemson

58 - Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia

59 - Prince Tega Winogho, OT, Auburn

60 - Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama

61 - Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame

62 - Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida

64 - Marlon Davidson, DL5T, Auburn

Hurts over eason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Winfield Jr seems like a nice player but I'm going to have to ex him out because he's too short.  Ballard wouldn't take a player like that on the back end in Round 2 if at all period to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I like Gross-Matos at 34.  He is the all around DE to replace Sheard, IMO.  Better against the run than as a pass rusher, but has the length and explosion to offer some pass rush capabilities.

I keep getting this feeling we are going to end up signing Sheard again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Swift or Taylor are picked by the Colts.

I would be. I heard rumors  Ballard wants that back from Appalachian state.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gross Matos I'd say would be a good shout, also I'd be happy with any of the 3 safeties, Mckinney/Delpit/Davis.

 

If we pick running back, I hope that's tomorrow

 

On offense, Mims would make a lot of sense

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Terrell Lewis but he's injured a lot.  We'd have to draft him outside of the 2nd round and lower maybe as a depth piece to start off.  Too risky to take with a high pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I like Gross-Matos at 34.  He is the all around DE to replace Sheard, IMO.  Better against the run than as a pass rusher, but has the length and explosion to offer some pass rush capabilities.

Yeah, at 6.5 266 he can replace Sheard, Autry, and Lewis.  LDE on run downs, maybe move inside in pass rush package when Buckner slides over to replace Grover.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I like Gross-Matos at 34.  He is the all around DE to replace Sheard, IMO.  Better against the run than as a pass rusher, but has the length and explosion to offer some pass rush capabilities.

That is my prediction but there’s so much talent who knows.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

PFT’s second round mock draft

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/24/pfts-second-round-mock-draft-4/

 

33. Bengals: Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU.

34. Colts (from Washington): Marlon Davidson, DL, Auburn.

35. Lions: A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa.

36. Giants: Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson.

37. Patriots (from LA Chargers): Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU.

38. Panthers: Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin.

39. Dolphins: D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia.

40. Texans (from Arizona): Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah.

41. Browns: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor.

42. Jaguars: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma.

43. Bears (from Las Vegas): J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State.

44. Colts: Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota.

45. Buccaneers: Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M.

46. Broncos: Lloyd Cushenberry III, G/C, LSU.

47. Falcons: Grant Delpit, S, LSU.

48. Jets: Josh Jones, OT, Houston

49. Steelers: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame.

50. Bears: Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois.

51. Cowboys: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama.

52. Rams: KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State.

53. Eagles: Malik Harrison, OLB, Ohio State.

54. Bills: Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State.

55. Ravens (from New England via Atlanta): Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado.

56. Dolphins (from New Orleans): Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC.

57. Rams (from Houston): Van Jefferson, WR, Florida.

58. Vikings: Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama.

59. Seahawks: Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State.

60. Ravens: Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma.

61. Titans: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin.

62. Packers: Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama.

63. Chiefs (from San Francisco): Robert Hunt, G, Louisiana-Lafayette.

64. Seahawks (from Kansas City): Zack Moss, RB, Utah.

 

It's kind of funny...

Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU, the first player they have coming off the board (to Cincinnati) is listed as most comparable to Quincy Wilson. Imagine Ballard picking him?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kristian-fulton?id=32194655-4c73-3491-274a-7b3b8a1d4f92

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krunk said:

I keep getting this feeling we are going to end up signing Sheard again.

I would be happy with this, I’ve always been a fan of Sheard.  He plays very smart and is very rarely out of position when playing the run.

 

Whoever Ballard has though as the BPA at 34 is who he will take though.  Whoever it is I just hope he’s a star

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Sheard is dropping.

 

He isn’t the same player he was even 2 years ago
 

I don’t see him back

 

 

He will be unless we find a suitable replacement in the draft. The class isnt strong so we may go in another direction. We could start some combo of Turay and Banogu i suppose. Turay keeps getting injured. I like Banogu but ive still got a few questions on him. I suppose we could go the route Coffee suggested but if we dont whats left thats an immediate impact? That leaves you going back to a Vet option possibly

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Denico Autry is our weak link on the DL so expect Colts to draft Justin Madubuike, DL3T, Texas A&M with our first pick.

Buckner is our primary option for that spot. Draft pick wont be better than Autry. Colts havent shown Lewis his walking papers yet either. If Buckner got hurt, Autry is a better option then a draft pick i think

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen said:

I would be. I heard rumors  Ballard wants that back from Appalachian state.

Probably also heard rumors that he wanted Jordan Love lol and we see how true that was... also, probably didnt expect D'Andre Swift to still be on the board, either, in my opinion

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Fromm go in the second?

 

When will Ballard take Jake Fromm, James Morgan, or Jake Luton?

 

I see the Colts and NE playing a chess match for the QB they both want.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

PFT’s second round mock draft

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/24/pfts-second-round-mock-draft-4/

 

33. Bengals: Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU.

34. Colts (from Washington): Marlon Davidson, DL, Auburn.

35. Lions: A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa.

36. Giants: Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson.

37. Patriots (from LA Chargers): Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU.

38. Panthers: Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin.

39. Dolphins: D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia.

40. Texans (from Arizona): Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah.

41. Browns: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor.

42. Jaguars: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma.

43. Bears (from Las Vegas): J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State.

44. Colts: Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota.

45. Buccaneers: Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M.

46. Broncos: Lloyd Cushenberry III, G/C, LSU.

47. Falcons: Grant Delpit, S, LSU.

48. Jets: Josh Jones, OT, Houston

49. Steelers: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame.

50. Bears: Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois.

51. Cowboys: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama.

52. Rams: KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State.

53. Eagles: Malik Harrison, OLB, Ohio State.

54. Bills: Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State.

55. Ravens (from New England via Atlanta): Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado.

56. Dolphins (from New Orleans): Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC.

57. Rams (from Houston): Van Jefferson, WR, Florida.

58. Vikings: Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama.

59. Seahawks: Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State.

60. Ravens: Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma.

61. Titans: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin.

62. Packers: Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama.

63. Chiefs (from San Francisco): Robert Hunt, G, Louisiana-Lafayette.

64. Seahawks (from Kansas City): Zack Moss, RB, Utah.

 

It's kind of funny...

Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU, the first player they have coming off the board (to Cincinnati) is listed as most comparable to Quincy Wilson. Imagine Ballard picking him?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kristian-fulton?id=32194655-4c73-3491-274a-7b3b8a1d4f92

Yeah, I thought about Davidson here.  Could line up at LDE then slide over to 3T when Buckner slides for Grover.  I think Davidson was underrated when Brown was getting all of the headlines.  He would basically be a replacement for Sheard, Autry, and the ghost of Lewis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Stephen said:

I would be. I heard rumors  Ballard wants that back from Appalachian state.

Are you still surprised?  Hey man Imma play the lottery now.  LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...