Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Rosen

Pointz

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

I'd rather have Jacoby Brissett. 

You must really hate Rosen.  haha

As the 2nd stringer right now, I'd lean toward Brissett as well.  However if Rosen, Kelly and Brissett competed through training camp and preseason, Rosen could come out ahead.  We know what Brissett is and he does not fit with Reichs offense.  Rosen might not either.  

The best thing working in Rosen’s favor is his contract. A team wanting to trade for him wouldn’t be stuck taking on a large contract for a backup quarterback. Although an inter-division trade has its risk, the New England Patriots work as a possible fit for Rosen if their NFL draft strategy doesn’t go as planned. The Patriots have former Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham and veteran Brian Hoyer in the quarterback room, but Hoyer has struggled as a starter in recent years and Stidham is still raw.

The Green Bay Packers and Los Angeles Rams each could use a young, talented quarterback to sit behind Aaron Rodgers and Jared Goff, respectively. The Pittsburgh Steelers swung a trade for Dolphins defender Minkah Fitzpatrick last fall and are still looking for Ben Roethlisberger’s heir. Whether or not Josh Rosen is a better option than Mason Rudolph is another conversation.

All of this is speculation and Rosen is currently a Dolphin. With the way things are going and how the Dolphins are approaching the future, however, it seems unlikely that Rosen will be in Miami for the entire 2020 season.

https://www.sportscasting.com/can-miamis-josh-rosen-save-his-nfl-career/

2 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Reich reignited Foles’ career in Philadelphia and also helped Andrew Luck make strides in his game.

Hah???? Like I said, I like Reich, but I don't think u r still offering any evidence he developed a qb. Luck is Luck. We don't know how much influence he had on Foles play. I also think people give Foles way to much credit for their Superbowl run. 

I am Ucla fan and watched Rosen in college.  Good skills but terrible attitude and poor teammate. It's all about him.  He gave up in games and never took blame. He got hurt in a game, returned in street clothes at halftime, and then left sidelines before game over. Quitter.   Just because he is cheap, doesn't make him good.  PLEASE NO

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I like Reich a lot but what magic r u referring to? What qb has Reich developed?  I think people throw around the term qb whisper without providing any evidence.

A lot of talent evaluators that are much more experienced in NFL circles have said he got the most out of Foles, Wentz, and Rivers while in roles with the Eagles/Chargers. If somebody could posibly get the most out of Rosen I would see what he could do.

I never said bring Rosen in to start or pay a king’s ransom for him but he is young and hasn’t had the best support systems in place. I’m “not making excuses” for him but Luck or Manning aren’t walking through that door. And...in response to him not being any better than any other QB on our roster I disagree outside of Rivers. Brissett has had his chances and Kelly is just as unknown.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hah???? Like I said, I like Reich, but I don't think u r still offering any evidence he developed a qb. Luck is Luck. We don't know how much influence he had on Foles play. I also think people give Foles way to much credit for their Superbowl run. 

Rivers and Wentz best statistical seasons came under Reich. Luck had one of his better years as well. I was spitballing with the initial post but what do you think the Colts should do for a long term QB fix with a coach who doesn’t make his signal callers better?

38 minutes ago, Pointz said:

Rivers and Wentz best statistical seasons came under Reich. Luck had one of his better years as well. I was spitballing with the initial post but what do you think the Colts should do for a long term QB fix with a coach who doesn’t make his signal callers better?

Having their best statistical season does not say anything about his ability in developing Wentz or Rivers.  Went went #1 overall and Rivers is border line hall of fame. Foles had his best statistical seadon under.....god can't remember his name,, when he threw like 27 touchdowns and 2 picks.  Brissett showed no development under Reich. Like I said, I really like Reich but I just don't have any evidence thay he is able to develop a young qb into a star.

Archived