Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rapport saying GB blocked the Colts

I believe it.  I think CB was gonna move back into the late first for him.  Packers jumped in front of us.  Probably was too expensive to get up to Vikings pick ahead of Pats & Saints.  Took a gamble he would still be there. 

But then there's the report in the other thread that says the Colts never even tried to move up in the first place.  If that's true then GB moved off what they thought the Colts might do even though it turns out we didn't have that in mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, stitches said:

If that report is true, Ballard wanted him. So yeah... it matters.

We'll never know.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

A lot of folks would have loved Love at 34, or even mid 20s... 

Ballard already said he's not forcing a QB pick so him not trading up was exactly what he said.

• Like 5

Watching the video - Rapoport doesn't confirm that the Colts wanted Love specifically, he just says GB traded up to make sure they got Love because the Colts were calling teams for a potential trade-up... doesn't mean they wanted Love at all, Ballard just doing what he does - preparing for all possibilities. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, stitches said:

If that report is true, Ballard wanted him. So yeah... it matters.

Maybe, depends on where he got his info and how good it is, remember a lot of purposely bad information is out there right now.  With that said, if he got it from the Colts yeah Ballard clearly had some interest in him.  If he got it from the Packers it could be the Packers thought the Colts were trying to trade up so they made sure they got their guy but they don’t really know what the Colts were or weren’t doing.  

we will never know though.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Ballard already said he's not forcing a QB pick so him not trading up was exactly what he said.

You putting your own spin on what he said. Trading up a few spots for Love doesn't exactly mean "forcing" anything. It all depends on how he was evaluated, and where he landed on their board. And we simply will never know... 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I honestly don't get why this matters. No one wanted Love anyway expect for chloe

Well...   that’s false.  But thanks for playing the home version of our game. We have some wonderful parting gifts for you on the way out!   

A round of applause for our contestant!  

18 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am ok with not getting him.  I’ve just never been sold on him.

I wasn't either I think mostly because of the turnovers some of the INT's he threw were just horrible I wish him luck but I think its probably for the best we didn't get him.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well...   that’s false.  But thanks for playing the home version of our game. We have some wonderful parting gifts for you on the way out!   

A round of applause for our contestant!  

Who else was pushing for Love besides Chloe? A lot of people had a similar conclusion of Love, overhyped arm with no actual QB traits like footwork and reading defense

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You putting your own spin on what he said. Trading up a few spots for Love doesn't exactly mean "forcing" anything. It all depends on how he was evaluated, and where he landed on their board. And we simply will never know... 

Unless we get to see the colts board which will never happen, you can only form that conclusion from what Ballard said.

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

But then there's the report in the other thread that says the Colts never even tried to move up in the first place.  If that's true then GB moved off what they thought the Colts might do even though it turns out we didn't have that in mind. 

This is from a local reporter. I take the word of a national reporter over the locals every single time. The local reporters don't have real sources, that's why they never break any stories and it's always the national guys that break news on the Colts. The local ones just do the cleanup/PR work for the team.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, stitches said:

This is from a local reporter. I take the word of a national reporter over the locals every single time. The local reporters don't have real sources, that's why they never break any stories and it's always the national guys that break news on the Colts. The local ones just do the cleanup/PR work for the team.

Well the national reporter didn’t say the Colts were for sure trying to move up, he said the Packers moved up because they heard the Colts were looking to move up.  That tells me he probably got it from the Packers.  The Packers have no way of knowing if the Colts were really trying to move up or not if and if they were who they were after.  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Unless we get to see the colts board which will never happen, you can only form that conclusion from what Ballard said.

I don't interpret that from what Ballard said. Forcing it means reaching, and we simply don't know how Love was placed on the board. So we'll never know. But we have heard reports from folks that are typically very reliable, so there's actually more info leading us to believe it wasn't viewed as a force, or reach. 

• Confused 1
Just now, EastStreet said:

I don't interpret that from what Ballard said. Forcing it means reaching, and we simply don't know how Love was placed on the board. So we'll never know. But we have heard reports from folks that are typically very reliable, so there's actually more info leading us to believe it wasn't viewed as a force, or reach. 

I attached a article stating the colts never tried to trade up so obviously the colts either thought he would fall to 34 or never wanted Love at all.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well the national reporter didn’t say the Colts were for sure trying to move up, he said the Packers moved up because they heard the Colts were looking to move up.  That tells me he probably got it from the Packers.  The Packers have no way of knowing if the Colts were really trying to move up or not if and if they were who they were after.  

Could have been like the Mahomes situation. IIRC, Mahomes's agent told KC that another team was looking to move up, so KC made the move.

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

There's Holder and basically what we've done with our QB situation overall that leads me to believe we probably didn't try to trade up.  Plus Ballard was emphatic about wanting more picks which sort of makes me feel like he probably wouldnt have leveraged multiple picks to come up and get Love.  I could be wrong of course. 

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I attached a article stating the colts never tried to trade up so obviously the colts either thought he would fall to 34 or never wanted Love at all.

so you discount what Rappaport and other say, but believe this guy....

OK... 

Wrwy__Q4_400x400.jpg

Just now, EastStreet said:

so you discount what Rappaport and other say, but believe this guy....

OK... 

Wrwy__Q4_400x400.jpg

Usatoday apparently does.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Could have been like the Mahomes situation. IIRC, Mahomes's agent told KC that another team was looking to move up, so KC made the move.

Yep like I said before there is a lot of purposeful bad information out there right now.  Not saying this was because we will probably never really know but people need to remember to take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt right now.

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Who else was pushing for Love besides Chloe? A lot of people had a similar conclusion of Love, overhyped arm with no actual QB traits like footwork and reading defense

I don’t keep track, I don’t have a list.

But do you honestly believed we talked about Love for two years in countless threads simply because one poster wanted him?   Seriously?

Come on now...    you know better.

Listen...Rappaort.....Scheffner all the biggies reported rumours and how much of it was right?  The 1st round went off pretty smoothly. Yet all I heard was how this was going to be one of the busiest.  The Phins said it that they had no intention of moving up to 3 .  It was all garbage.  I beleive none of it. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t keep track, I don’t have a list.

But do you honestly believed we talked about Love for two years in countless threads simply because one poster wanted him?   Seriously?

Come on now...    you know better.

Jordan Love in the end of the day is a Packer. We need to move on and focus on who will actually be a colt like Mims or Higgins

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Usatoday apparently does.

USA today doesn't really have any of their own sports reporters anynore. They piecemeal their sports coverage with Bleacher Report, using local guys for the most part.