Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And he has an injury history and is due for a new contract. Swift is the best RB in the draft and can catch the ball really well, too

Hmmmm, who have you never heard of? Lol

Please no RB please

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Epenesa isn’t even a scheme fit for what we look for.   His game is power and strength.   We look for DL’s with speed and athleticism.

 

Epenesa has been described as a perfect fit for a 3-4 defense.   He doesn’t fit anywhere along our DL.   I’m not saying he’s not a good player, I’m saying he doesn’t fit for what we want. 

Zerlein said his comp is Carlos Dunlap and that he can play the 4-3 or the 3-4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

TY Hilton is our only really good WR, so we really need some new firepower at WR.

Campbell havn't really been a success, So hope we land a Denzel Mims or  Higgins to complement Hilton.

I actually wouldn’t mind Claypool. He can give us a bunch of options. At WR or the flex TE. Then rivers has a bigger guy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

At 34:  I hope the take one of the these 3 big WR:  Mims, Higgins, or Pittman.

 

Mims is the fastest

Higgins has good speed and played at a Championship level, catching a lot of TD's

Pittman:  Mel Kiper has him as the best WR still available and all he does it catch passes,  101 his senior year.  A lot of contested catches and not much drops but "who the hell is Mel Kiper"!

 

At 44:  TE Cole Kmet.

 

With the signing of Trey Burton, TE may not be as high of a priority.

If they are enamored with Kmet, could draft him at 34, and take who ever is left of the 3 WR listed above, unless they are enamored overnight and wants 1 of the 3 WR's for sure. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Zerlein said his comp is Carlos Dunlap and that he can play the 4-3 or the 3-4.

There are all sorts of 3-4’s and all sorts of 4-3’s.     It’s not just one or the other.

 

Again, we are looking for defensive lineman who succeed with speed, quickness and athleticism.   Epenesa’s game is based on power, strength and violence.    The skill sets are different. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So many good prospects still on the board who meet the Colts' needs.  Ballard will  be fielding phone calls all day for pick #34, and one of those offers will be too good to pass up.  He already stated he wants more picks, so the odds are real high for a trade down.  I hope he'll still get one of Higgins, Mims, Pittman, Shenault, Claypool, or Hamler.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Laviska Senault, 6-2, 225 lbs but reports of his surgery may have prevented a 1st round selection, maybe even a 2nd.  Would be a high risk gamble that could work out if the injury is healed and in his past.  Not sure if I would take him at 34.

 

Per an SI article dated 21 Feb 2020:

 

Former Colorado wide receiver Laviska Shenault will undergo surgery for a nagging injury, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Schefter reports Shenault has been dealing with a core muscle injury and inflammation of the * bone, and he will be sidelined for four to six weeks after surgery. The wide receiver was diagnosed with the inflammation earlier this month, although doctors did not think at the time that he would need surgery.

Shenault played through the injury last season, but it did not slow him down when he ran a 4.58 40-yard dash at the combine this week.

In Sports Illustrated's latest NFL mock draft, expert Kevin Hanson predicted the Eagles will select Shenault with the No. 21 pick.

"Shenault flourishes in the open field due to his strength, size, burst, vision and elusiveness," Hanson said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Exodus said:

Man, I'd love to see the Colts stay in and pick AJ Epenesa at #34 tomorrow. I know it wouldn't be super popular, but he's a 8-10 sack a year kind of DE. Our line would be ferocious with that pick. 

 

Knowing CB, and the wealth of talent available though, he's totally going to trade out of 34. 

IF Epenesa plays DE in the NFL, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I think that Ballard sees neither Mack or Hooker as core players with which to get tangled up in contracts with, and here are McKinney and Swift thought of as BPAs at the top of the second.  Interesting to see where this goes.

 

I think McKinney ran slower than expected, and that's why he's dropping.  And a RBs are devalued, so taking either would still be a surprise for me.

 

Lots of good players at positions that we could use.  I'm hoping for a mild trade back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think Autry moves outside to take Sheard's spot, at least vs the run, and Turay takes passing downs like he did early last season. So really, no need to replace Sheard. We basically replaced Autry's shift with Buckner.

But....an upgrade/replacement to Autry is not out of the question.  I think this was the plan for Lewis, but who knows if he'll get there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Pittman then Fromm in second round.

For Fromm fans, notice that NE traded back when Love was still on the board.  I think we're going to have to play a chess match with NE if we are serious about drafting a QB this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I like both as safety prospects, but I don't get this. Why would we trade a safety who has proven he can hang in the NFL & has already gotten over the learning curve. 
 

We would be essentially valuing both McKinney & Winfield + using an early second round pick over taking a WR early & keeping Hooker. 

First, I'm just pontificating.  Next, Hooker hasn't lived up to his potential and he's in his final year and I don't think we'll re-sign him long term.  If you can trade him now for a 2 or a 3 and upgrade the position  you help your future cap position (meaning some version of we'd sign a vet or re-sign Hooker) and potentially upgrade the position while acquiring a pick with a lot of talent still on the board.  McKinney is a top 20 player...so that's what I was thinking.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafting Swift would be my choice at 34...best RB in the draft and  really good in the pass game, too...would also keep our $ at the position low, letting Mack walk after this year, instead of paying him mid/high RB money.

 

Then at 44, take the best WR available. My top choice would be Pittman, without question...but there's still Pittman, Mimms, Higgins, Claypool, Shenault etc and one would still be there.

 

Won't be surprised if we take an OT or trade back from one or both spots, but the above is what I would do, keeping our picks.

I'd rather TAKE the top talent rather than trade back for lesser talent in higher quantity 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Drafting Swift would be my choice at 34...best RB in the draft and  really good in the pass game, too...would also keep our $ at the position low, letting Mack walk after this year, instead of paying him mid/high RB money.

 

Then at 44, take the best WR available. My top choice would be Pittman, without question...but there's still Pittman, Mimms, Higgins, Claypool, Shenault etc and one would still be there.

 

Won't be surprised if we take an OT or trade back from one or both spots, but the above is what I would do, keeping our picks.

I'd rather TAKE the top talent rather than trade back for lesser talent in higher quantity 

I hope the Colts take a WR at 34.   At 44 I'd be fine with any position.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Higgins played all three WR positions, is faster than Pittman at the same height, and is probably better coming out of breaks.

Higgins ran a 4.54 at his pro day (which typically come in faster than at the combine) and Pittman ran a 4.52 at the combine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shive said:

Higgins ran a 4.54 at his pro day (which typically come in faster than at the combine) and Pittman ran a 4.52 at the combine.

Pittman  is faster than Higgins  and has better hands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Don't underestimate the chance Ballard goes D Line early too. There's good value there. 

Hope not unless the next dwight freeney is sitting  there

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

First, I'm just pontificating.  Next, Hooker hasn't lived up to his potential and he's in his final year and I don't think we'll re-sign him long term.  If you can trade him now for a 2 or a 3 and upgrade the position  you help your future cap position (meaning some version of we'd sign a vet or re-sign Hooker) and potentially upgrade the position while acquiring a pick with a lot of talent still on the board.  McKinney is a top 20 player...so that's what I was thinking.

The problem trading Hooker and picking McKinney as a replacement is that they have completely different skillsets. McKinney and Delpit both lack the range to play the centerfield role Hooker does and project more as box safeties/big slots. They're not interchangeable at all.

 

I know a lot of people feel that Hooker is a bust (or something to that effect), but with the CB's we've been bringing in that have more of a strength in man coverage, I think we'll see Hooker being used in ways that help maximize his strengths as a ballhawk. I don't see him going anywhere.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not exactly too keen on getting more draft picks. Why? If we are truly in “Win Now” mode (Which is partially why folks didn’t like love) then I venture to say we need to stand pat at 34 and 44 and get the best online help and WR possible. I’d be disappointed to see us move back too far  and miss out on the pool of GREAT WR. :rantoff:

 

all that said PLEASE just let us draft claypool or Pittman Jr. Maybe Irsay is giving us a sign of things to come 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Taking another end doesn’t mean they are giving up on the young guys they have and it doesn’t mean they have to wait for a guy to develop either.  They haven’t replaced Shread so there is an opening on the roster at end.  As much as Ballard talks about the lines it wouldn’t shock me if he takes another end.  It also wouldn’t shocked me if he grabs a WR, S, or olineman or trades back.

 

 Actually Ballard drafted Lewis and Banogu one and two years ahead of the need to replace Sheard.
 Houston is another James Harrison. Big, thick, very talented. He can play at a high level for several more years if he wishes.
 Buckner will also take snaps at DE as can Autry. Then there is Turay. Mathis proclaims him as a future sack champion. We will see, but DE is seems to be far and away our best position.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the hunch Ballard is going to trade back in the 2nd round to grab an extra 4th or 5th pick. I wouldn't be against picking up Diggs and whoever the best WR is for our pick.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Drafting Swift would be my choice at 34...best RB in the draft and  really good in the pass game, too...would also keep our $ at the position low, letting Mack walk after this year, instead of paying him mid/high RB money.

 

Then at 44, take the best WR available. My top choice would be Pittman, without question...but there's still Pittman, Mimms, Higgins, Claypool, Shenault etc and one would still be there.

 

Won't be surprised if we take an OT or trade back from one or both spots, but the above is what I would do, keeping our picks.

I'd rather TAKE the top talent rather than trade back for lesser talent in higher quantity 

I agree entirely.  Swift has been comped to Jacobs and Gordon.  The BPA currently on the board.  But I could see Ballard trading back. The top three RB's on the board are considered day 1 starters. I really don't see Mack getting extended so this is a great round to get a player who is better.  Nothing wrong with upgrading.  Plenty of quality receivers left.  We might get two new starters instead of picks who might have talent but might not be able to help us much this year.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Shive said:

The problem trading Hooker and picking McKinney as a replacement is that they have completely different skillsets. McKinney and Delpit both lack the range to play the centerfield role Hooker does and project more as box safeties/big slots. They're not interchangeable at all.

 

I know a lot of people feel that Hooker is a bust (or something to that effect), but with the CB's we've been bringing in that have more of a strength in man coverage, I think we'll see Hooker being used in ways that help maximize his strengths as a ballhawk. I don't see him going anywhere.

I hope we keep Hooker.   I want to see how he does if the D-line pressures the QB.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I see a trade back and a pick of Josh Jones, OT Houston..... Then a WR 

 

I would love that! A future starting LT is surely needed as is a backup swing OT who can play RT as well in case of injury to Smith or Costanzo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a thought, albeit unpopular...

 

TY has been fabulous for our franchise, but the last couple of seasons have taken a toll on his body.  If we could trade him and pick up another 2nd Round Pick, and let's say a 4th or 5th, would it be worth it?

 

That would give us the potential of getting Pittman, Mims, and Swift or Dobbins in the 2nd.  That has the potential of transforming our team for years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I get the hunch Ballard is going to trade back in the 2nd round to grab an extra 4th or 5th pick. I wouldn't be against picking up Diggs and whoever the best WR is for our pick.

 

Hope so! Would love trading back a little, adding an extra 4th, and still landing CB Trevon Diggs or OT Josh Jones. Then get a WR with the other 2nd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jtrester said:

Here is a thought, albeit unpopular...

 

TY has been fabulous for our franchise, but the last couple of seasons have taken a toll on his body.  If we could trade him and pick up another 2nd Round Pick, and let's say a 4th or 5th, would it be worth it?

 

That would give us the potential of getting Pittman, Mims, and Swift or Dobbins in the 2nd.  That has the potential of transforming our team for years.

With the depth at WR in this draft, nobody is giving up a 2nd for a 30 year old WR that has been battling injuries the past few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We're spending the 4th most of any team on DL, so it's fair that we expect top 10 kind of performance with the pieces we have. We can't have all pros at every single position, and we also need to expect drafted guys to develop. Two expensive vets (Buckner and Houston), 4 DEs over three years in the draft, several FA signs including Autry and Day.... I'm good, and have high expectations.

Money wise, I agree. However in terms of youth ful assets, I just dont see it. Houston may have another season in him. Muhammad and Autry are okay and getting older. Day and Stewart, so far, are rotational players and Lewis has shown nothing. I just would like to see another DT along side Buckner that may demand attention.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We're spending the 4th most of any team on DL, so it's fair that we expect top 10 kind of performance with the pieces we have. We can't have all pros at every single position, and we also need to expect drafted guys to develop. Two expensive vets (Buckner and Houston), 4 DEs over three years in the draft, several FA signs including Autry and Day.... I'm good, and have high expectations.

Sapp had Booger; Buckner has.....??

 

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We're spending the 4th most of any team on DL, so it's fair that we expect top 10 kind of performance with the pieces we have. We can't have all pros at every single position, and we also need to expect drafted guys to develop. Two expensive vets (Buckner and Houston), 4 DEs over three years in the draft, several FA signs including Autry and Day.... I'm good, and have high expectations.

Sapp had Booker.....Buckner has.....???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I don't necessarily disagree with anything you've said.  However, there have been 0 rookie QBs who have made the SB, and only 2, Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco, have won more than 1 game in the playoffs.  SO the chances of a drafted rookie coming in next year and taking us past the wild card round seem pretty negligible.   Sure old man Rivers arm could fail.  Maybe Eason is ready to go next year.  That would probably be pretty shocking but it certainly would be a great boost to the org long term. Trading for a quality QB is possible but not likely.   Hopefully, Luck is bored.  That is really to me the only plausible way for us to significantly improve our QB situation next year. Dak is available.  Other than that, I don't see much on the immediate horizon to compete IN 2021.   Bottom line, is most likely Rivers is our best option assuming he wants to play again.
    • For what it's worth I live in Spokane and see all of the Seahawks games.  Metcalf is usually pretty reliable and I was surprised to see the drops this week.  But, who knows.  He still needs some work.  Lockett is more dependable.  He is fast, runs good routes, and catches just about everything around him.
    • I still think we need to win a championship or get deep multiple years in the playoffs first. He's 1-1 in the Postseason so far. Let's see where we end up. 
    • Could be worst lol. A 12-4 team in the NFC could be a wildcard team 
    • Well, compared to what we have, pretty much any athlete in their 20s will be more mobile. 
  • Members

    • compuls1v3

      compuls1v3 425

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Arodgers12

      Arodgers12 441

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 2,711

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JPFolks

      JPFolks 1,016

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • gspdx

      gspdx 646

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JlynRN

      JlynRN 816

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 10,961

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 1,390

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BlueStallion

      BlueStallion 78

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ClaytonC

      ClaytonC 41

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...