Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predictions after the 1st round is over

9 minutes ago, chrisbeldridge said:

I can see us taking one of the following:

wide receiver: Pittman Jr. Mims or Higgins 

tackle:  Jones, Barch or Cleveland 

I would be happy with any of these guys.

I would be even happier with one from each group. Jones and Pittman is my preference.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Shive said:

I don't care if it's at 34 or 44, as long as we get Pittman, I'll be happy.

Same here brother. My favorite player in the draft. He’s going to be really good. Com’on Ballard lets just agree one time.

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Have no idea what Ballard  with do, but expect a trade back and more players you covet to disappear

That’s what I’m afraid of too. More developmental players once again. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Same here brother. My favorite player in the draft. He’s going to be really good. Com’on Ballard lets just agree one time.

That’s what I’m afraid of too. More developmental players once again. 

Hopefully  swift or diggs at 34

• Confused 2
25 minutes ago, Lucky Wolf said:

I would be even happier with one from each group. Jones and Pittman is my preference.

I would prefer Jones and Pittman, also. Don’t really understand the posts wanting defensive backs.  The need for wide receiver and an offensive lineman are more pressing, in my opinion.  

Swift?  We have no need for a running back.  And I’d never draft one that early.

Hmm, I really wonder if Ballard will take Xavier Mckinney and then trade away Malik Hooker.

I wouldn't be too happy with that considering you're literally just making a hole for the team and then immediately filling it when you didn't need to in the first place. Still possible

Wow.  There are several players available at positions of need for the Colts tomorrow.  

There's a load of DBs, including the entire group of safeties.  Zero G and all but one Center are available.  Josh Jones is one of many starter-caliber tackles still on the market.

I'm guessing Ballard will trade down from 34 and still get his guy, whomever that may be.  

1 hour ago, OhioColt said:

Rumor mill here in Ohio is Bengals will take OL Ezra Cleveland with the 33rd.

That still leaves Jones,  He could still be there at 44 since a lot of teams in the range in between took a OT.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Stephen said:

Have no idea what Ballard  with do, but expect a trade back and more players you covet to disappear

MAJOR facts. Praying it’s different this time around. Don’t know.... I know I’ll be even tempered this time around tonight. Can’t afford to have my heart ripped out on back to back days haha

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Jeremy Chinn has to be in the cards or at least one of those safeties.

Trevon Diggs is also the perfect scheme fit as well. 

And of course WR. Mims and Pittman both available 

I would LOVE Trevon Diggs here in the 2nd. 

• Like 1

Fulton, CB LSU wouldn't be bad, neither would Delpit, S for LSU. Blacklock, DT from TCU is the best available. Jonathan Taylor, Cam Achers, Swift or Dobbins are all available, if one falls to #44 I'd really think about them as well.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Hmm, I really wonder if Ballard will take Xavier Mckinney and then trade away Malik Hooker.

I wouldn't be too happy with that considering you're literally just making a hole for the team and then immediately filling it when you didn't need to in the first place. Still possible

At least he’d learn where he should have drafted Hooker at instead of 15... McKinney was projected similar to what Hooker was in 2017.

• Sad 1

Not gonna overthink this one - two players I love in the 2nd.  Mims and Chinn.  Ecstatic that Mims is still there.  No WR nailed the pre-draft process more than Mims, with a dominant Senior Bowl and combine.  And we all know how Ballard loves SB standouts.  He’s big, fast, athletic, and finds the football. Chinn, like the Maniac, was a small school guy who went to the SB and proved he belonged.  True, I might not be thinking Safety without the rumors about Hooker from the last few days, but I’ve been itching for a reason to take Chinn “too high”.  And Ballard would have to balk at paying up for Hooker’s top-notch ball-hawking when our system doesn’t really utilize it to the fullest.  Plus, you know...injuries.

Im sticking with my Tee Higgins prediction.  He does much of the same stuff Ballard was looking for out of Devin Funchess.  Same big body style Rivers is used to.  Higgins scores a lot in the red zone and has played all 3 positions.

11 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Kmet seems like the logical fit for the Bengals considering Eiffert is gone and they have no TE worth anything

Yea I'm looking at the qbs left and not convinced  Ballard  will draft one today. I think he trades back from 34 and our first pick may be 44

Just now, Stephen said:

Yea I'm looking at the qbs left and not convinced  Ballard  will draft one today. I think he trades back from 34 and our first pick may be 44

I agree with a couple of DE there we could get a couple of nice picks. That being said I wouldn’t be upset at all if Ballard simply goes BPA and then uses 44 as trade bait.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

My prediction is we get our highest ranked WR at 34 and then we make a small trade back from 44 to like... 49 or 51 and then pick an traitsy EDGE. 

Yea we know Ballard  is going  to trade back, but will it be 34 or 44 or both

As much as I like Swift and Dobbins, to me, RB is not their biggest need.
   Given Rivers’ penchant for throwing 50/50 balls to Mike Evans, they need another playmaker at WR with some size and speed.

That being said, I trust the Colts have done their homework and will do the right thing, (including trading down, if the price is right and they feel they can get what they need and get extra picks).

48 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

With all the talent left on the board, I hope we stick with our two second round slots, because we can fill needs with BPA for both, so I see no need for trading down to add picks, unless someone blows us away with an offer.

We need to stick with both. Maybe we can mess with the 3rd round to get more picks.

I don’t think we will take any QB with these three picks today.  We have a few needs elsewhere. We need to come out of the second with a WR and OT.