Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ballard for two guys that will contribute day one.    

By the end of today, Goodell will be reading the picks from his bed

Buckner is a freakin all-pro. Relax.

Posted Images

Just now, stitches said:

Look at what the Saints gave up:

I wonder what they are targeting here? Win now piece? Or QB? 

We gave up a forth rounder in the 2nd round to move up for an elite RB. could you imagine what this forum would have done if CB gave up a third? 

Just now, stitches said:

Look at what the Saints gave up:

I wonder what they are targeting here? Win now piece? Or QB? 

We gave up a forth rounder in the 2nd round to move up for an elite RB. could you imagine what this forum would have done if CB gave up a third? 

Just now, Hamster360 said:

I was thinking Eason is our pick, but now I'm guessing Saints get him. We need a CB still. I'm gonna guess Baun or Gallimore. Ballard likes the front 7

We don’t need Baun. 

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

And then we trade back 10 spots... did the Saints just snipe Baun from us?

I think we were trading back regardless. Ballard said he wanted more picks and we hadn't traded back yet. I just think the Saints really liked Zack Baun and  went to get their guy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• lewis is good in passing downs at defensive tackle but was getting bullied against the run he is to small .  If they want to keep him at the 3  why not get his weight up to at least 290  and build his strength up .    lewis was getting pushed back against tenn pretty badly , but against the pass gets push from using his athletic ability and speed .
    • Yep, I agree that he'd likely have been available later. There have been several like that, but I don't get too caught up on that so long as it works. It seems to be working out, but yes, I think we could have waited.    Lewis at OSU had his best moments at OSU when moving inside as a rush 3T. His production decreased as OSU recruited some high star guys, but OSU still was able to move him around get pretty good use out of him. I do agree with you though that he's destined to be at his best when playing a role. I'm not sure what his future holds, but with all our DEs being FA next year, and 3T locked up for the future, he could end up playing more DE than expected. Personally, I'd prefer he be rush DT in passing downs with Buckner moving over.
    • Not necessarily. It's what they've already done to set the floor at $175m for 2021. They're borrowing cap space from previous seasons in an undetermined amount to prevent the cap from shrinking to the point that half of the teams can't operate without getting rid of their best players. (They also did it at the start of the 2011 CBA, although that was collectively bargained in that agreement. The cap actually shrank in Year 1 of that deal, and increased slowly the first couple of years.)   It's also critically different from the NBA in that the NFL has a hard cap. The NBA suspended luxury tax penalties, but teams were already able to go over the cap in specific circumstances.    I think it's hard to predict what they'll do, or how, until someone has an idea of how much revenue they're losing this season, and how long it will take to normalize their business model. All of the TV contracts are pending, and no one can project what will happen because ratings are down this year. The DirecTV deal is expiring in two years, and probably won't be renewed -- in fact, AT&T is trying to sell DirecTV, and Dish has openly said those two services will have to merge at some point. So TV -- and streaming, which I won't even touch right now -- is basically up for grabs.    I haven't seen anything recent and credible about stadium revenues; if someone else has, please post it because I came up empty the last time I went looking. It's probably harder to find now that the NFL is no longer a public entity.    Anyway, everything they based the new CBA on back in March has changed dramatically. There were projections the cap might go up to $240m in 2021; now it's gonna be $175m-ish. So they quickly agreed to a floor, but it's possible that they'll make further adjustments just to avoid having a bunch of players be cut and dumped on a depressed FA market in 2021. This would not just affect teams that were already in cap trouble; it would affect teams that were in pretty good shape, but didn't expect a cap at $50-70m less than expected when the league year began.
    • Came home from tennis and caught the last quarter and a half. The Ravens did not look good, their D seemed uninspired.  I think I heard they were missing some players.  I think we definitely have a shot at holding our wild card spot.
    • Current:   Offense - - - QB: Andrew Luck (convince him to come back for 1 season, so he can retire with a ring. Plus an offense and defense like this can literally run on every play and win the super bowl) WR1: DeAndre Hopkins WR2: Michael Thomas WR3: DK Metcalf TE: Travis Kelce TE: George Kittle FB: Rob Gronkowski RB: Derrick Henry RB: Christian McCaffrey LT: Alejandro Villanueva (6-9, 330) LG: Quenton Nelson (6-5, 330) C: Zack Martin (6-4, 315) RG: Braden Smith (6-6, 315) - if he's doing a dang good job at tackle, think of how dominant he would be at guard. RT: Trenton Brown (6-8, 380)   (with a big dominant OL like that on both sides, even Trent Richardson can get 8 yards per carry regularly)   Defense - - -   DE - Myles Garrett DT - Aaron Donald DT - Chris Jones DE - DeForest Buckner   OLB: Darius Leonard MLB: Devin White OLB: TJ Watt   CB: Xavien Howard CB: JC Jackson NB: Malcolm Butler SS: Jamal Adams FS: Xavier Rhodes - why not?  
  • Members