Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ballard for two guys that will contribute day one.    

By the end of today, Goodell will be reading the picks from his bed

Buckner is a freakin all-pro. Relax.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The problem with the RBs we had last season is that we had to rotate them out depending upon the situation.  That's what happens with a RB by committee approach.  Guys like Taylor and Swift keep defenses more honest because they can be productive no matter what the play.

Agreed.  I think u will see Hines moved around a lot. 

2 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

a reach? Come on say it

Looking for an argument? come on say it.... 

He's not a reach in terms of draft placement/valuation. He's a good back.

Trading up 3 spots for a high mileage guy with fumble questions, with not a lot of pass catching history, is just a bit of a head scratcher. I'd love to use that 5th on a second WR....

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

At least for me they are in different player pools

Nix is with Doyle, MAC and Burton not MM, JT, NH, JW

Agreed...the roster is expanded by two this year and game day two as well. Depending on injuries and game plan you simply activate whichever you need.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Trading up 3 spots for a high mileage guy with fumble questions, with not a lot of pass catching history, is just a bit of a head scratcher. I'd love to use that 5th on a second WR....

No not looking for an argument at all.  Maybe an apology when you thought that when I mentioned  we needed to upgrade and RB was less than smart. yea maybe.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agreed.  I think u will see Hines moved around a lot. 

He could be considered part of our wrs just as much as our running backs. That said we all remember what Rivers did with Sproles and then with Eckler. He is an X factor no matter where he lines up.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

They can fix the fumbles.

Not always. Like I said, I'm fine with it. In general, I just don't care for early round RBs unless they are complete backs. And he's not really complete right now. IMO, he's an upgrade from a speed perspective, but still not an experienced pass catcher, and really not a power back either. Bigger, but not a power back. Mileage is a bit concerning. I do prefer him over paying Mack a bunch. But I'd have been as happy picking a guy up later, or waiting till next year.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

Wow Hurts went pretty high, good for him from an Alabama fan

Philly is probably a good spot for him 

hes certainly better than a wasted spot on the Colts roster 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WifiGuy said:

No not looking for an argument at all.  Maybe an apology when you thought that we needed to upgrade and RB was less than smart. yea maybe.

lol. awe. did you get your feelings hurt because someone disagreed. want someone to kiss your boo boo.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I think Ballard will address offensive line depth with 3rd round pick.  

Yeah, seems like a fairly safe choice with current investments on offense. That said I could still see us waiting until the 4th (unless that's what we traded?). We could still get a good guard there, but we may miss out on someone good who can play tackle, so idk. Guess we'll see.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

With Hurts off the board, and us taking Pittman and Taylor, who do we go for now?

Best Pick Available. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

lol. awe. did you get your feelings hurt because someone disagreed. want someone to kiss your boo boo.

No not at all.   You dished it out and now its time to take it.   everything you said I was wrong about I've been right.

4 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

philly with an interesting pick

Agreed... huh. I know Wentz has had some injury issues so I guess they feel strong about developing a Plan B? That or they hope to use him in some situations? Still a little odd and definitely interesting.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

why is mims falling 

skinny, struggles vs the press, not really physical. 

i like him, but he's got some flags. teams will need to use him as a big Z.

if he can work on strength and maybe put on some weight, he could be lights out

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If Ballard liked him enough to trade up, I’m good. How many 5th round wrs actually produce. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, WifiGuy said:

No not at all.   You dished it out and now its time to take it.   everything you said I was wrong about I've been right.

lol, about what? I called a big X as the first pick. 

so you wanted a RB.... good for you. did you call it with our second pick?

time will tell if he's a complete/legit RB. I hope you're right... 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not always. Like I said, I'm fine with it. In general, I just don't care for early round RBs unless they are complete backs. And he's not really complete right now. IMO, he's an upgrade from a speed perspective, but still not an experienced pass catcher, and really not a power back either. Bigger, but not a power back. Mileage is a bit concerning. I do prefer him over paying Mack a bunch. But I'd have been as happy picking a guy up later, or waiting till next year.

I think he's going to be farther along in his well roundedness after his third year than Mack is.  I would have preferred Swift at 41, but he was taken about three minutes after we took Pittman.

The offense needs a RB who can stay in the game all three plays, otherwise the D can eliminate certain plays from being run just by the personnel swap.  He might not do that in his rookie year, but by year two he should be in there most of the time.

I think he's been durable despite the mileage.  I don't like RBs this high either, but the 3 down every play types cost a price.  

I keep waiting to see if we trade up again or stay put for round 3. Normally I wouldn’t even question it. But this draft has me the most curious/interested than I have been in a long time. 

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

If Ballard liked him enough to trade up, I’m good. How many 5th round wrs actually produce. 

5th round AV for a WR is actually similar to 2nd round AV. 4th round is actually better than both though. Like I said, I'm good with it. The trade up is just a head scratcher, and in general, like most, I don't like RBs early unless they are complete.

paine-datalab-nfldraft1.png?w=575

33 minutes ago, CelticColt said:

if someone like Elliott or Taylor is still there at #75.....a guy can dream

I feel like we have to go OL. But man it’ll be tough to pass on a guy like Jordan Elliott who I feel has the potential to be a dominant DT