Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

I think a 1-2 punch of Taylor and Hines could be really good for us going into the future. Both compliment each other well.

You get it.   Philip Rivers has to be throwing his kids in the air after these two picks.  Ballard is a genius!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ballard for two guys that will contribute day one.    

By the end of today, Goodell will be reading the picks from his bed

Buckner is a freakin all-pro. Relax.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, life long said:

I wanted a top end back. Many seem in love with our current. I say keep Hines, Mack and obviously Taylor. Wilkins is just as expendable as Quincy Wilson. I love both picks in the 2nd. Could not be happier!

Feel free to look up Wilkins.   The kid averages roughly 6 yards a carry.

 

Do you know how good that is?   How hard that is?    A year from now Mack will likely be elsewhere.   His contract will be up and he will likely want too much money.   Taylor will start, and Wilkins will back him up.   No reason to move or cut Wilkins.   He’s a solid backup. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I’m a fan because he’s a well rounded back. I don’t like it because lots of Wisconsin RBs fizzled out at the NFL after coming in with lots of mileage from college.

Yeah.  I would have hoped Ballard's target would have been Swift but he was nabbed three minutes after we picked Pittman.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Feel free to look up Wilkins.   The kid averages roughly 6 yards a carry.

 

Do you know how good that is?   How hard that is?    A year from now Mack will likely be elsewhere.   His contract will be up and he will likely want too much money.   Taylor will start, and Wilkins will back him up.   No reason to move or cut Wilkins.   He’s a solid backup. 

Thank you at least you know what your talking about!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a huge fan of drafting RBs high in the draft. Not a huge fan of trading up for a RB... especially since I thought we had good RB stable. To a certain degree this pick is not shocking though - it continues the theme of WIN NOW moves by Ballard. 

 

I cannot quibble with the player himself though. Taylor was quite possibly the best runner in the draft. He runs strong, and he has explosive traits. I've said before that I like Mack but he leaves some yards on the field... I don't think Taylor will leave many yards on the field, he gets what's there and then some more. Greg Cosell compares him to Ezekiel Elliot as a runner and I can see that comparison. He has some fumbling issues but Mack had similar issues coming in, but they largely got fixed by our coaching staff. Taylor has worked on his receiving in the last year and made some improvements there, still not dynamic as a receiver though, IMO.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Feel free to look up Wilkins.   The kid averages roughly 6 yards a carry.

 

Do you know how good that is?   How hard that is?    A year from now Mack will likely be elsewhere.   His contract will be up and he will likely want too much money.   Taylor will start, and Wilkins will back him up.   No reason to move or cut Wilkins.   He’s a solid backup. 

 

Are we going to carry 4 RB and a FB on the roster?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hamster360 said:

before

wonder if Ballard thought Jax or Chi might take him before #44 (unlikely it seems to me)

 

odd pick IMO, but makes #75 that much more interesting I suppose

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Or Ballard just was in love, and though another team was going to grab a RB. 

Just not overly happy as he hasn't been a big part of the passing game. 

Hope he can catch. 

I think he can.  Has mileage, but has also proven to be durable.  You and me would like a pass catcher, but Taylor is bigger and faster than Mack, so he's still an upgrade regardless, IMO.

 

What do we have left.  75 and 122?  Do we still go O?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, il vecchio said:

 

Are we going to carry 4 RB and a FB on the roster?

there might not be room for wilkins now imo.  i think hines would get a spot over him since hes a return man and Rivers likes receiving  backs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Feel free to look up Wilkins.   The kid averages roughly 6 yards a carry.

 

Do you know how good that is?   How hard that is?    A year from now Mack will likely be elsewhere.   His contract will be up and he will likely want too much money.   Taylor will start, and Wilkins will back him up.   No reason to move or cut Wilkins.   He’s a solid backup. 

I agree that Wilkins has always seemed to have been underutilized. But I made the comparison that they both have not seen a ton of snaps. Probably a coaching choice...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BluHorzhu said:

Win-now mode is def in full effect.  When you spend your first 2 picks on a perfect-fit WR2 and a franchise RB it's a full commitment.  

 

We may have been able to move down for Pittman, but with Higgins starting the waterfall there was no way to know how that would have gone down.  Taylor was absolutely worth the move-up in that spot.  You could almost hear Doug Marrone do the Homer Simpson "DOH!" when Indy's pick came in.  Instead of Taylor shredding us for the next 5 years, he'll be dishing it out on our behalf.

 

Pittman has Number 1 potential IMO

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Feel free to look up Wilkins.   The kid averages roughly 6 yards a carry.

 

Do you know how good that is?   How hard that is?    A year from now Mack will likely be elsewhere.   His contract will be up and he will likely want too much money.   Taylor will start, and Wilkins will back him up.   No reason to move or cut Wilkins.   He’s a solid backup. 

Yeah, I feel the same way - if I had to pick whether to give Mack 10M or pick a RB in the second round, I feel like I would pick a RB in the second, but neither of those options are ideal IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

there might not be room for wilkins now imo.  i think hines would get a spot over him since hes a return man and Rivers likes receiving  backs 

Not really a problem   Mack only plays like half a season anyway

 

 

2 minutes ago, CelticColt said:

maybe the Titans' success w/ D Henry last season affected Ballard's thinking on this pick

 

 

Said were going to be a top running team.  

 

Many on here just dont listen

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BluHorzhu said:

Win-now mode is def in full effect.  When you spend your first 2 picks on a perfect-fit WR2 and a franchise RB it's a full commitment.  

 

We may have been able to move down for Pittman, but with Higgins starting the waterfall there was no way to know how that would have gone down.  Taylor was absolutely worth the move-up in that spot.  You could almost hear Doug Marrone do the Homer Simpson "DOH!" when Indy's pick came in.  Instead of Taylor shredding us for the next 5 years, he'll be dishing it out on our behalf.

 

homer simpson doh GIF

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stitches said:

- it continues the theme of WIN NOW moves by Ballard. 

 

 

In a manner of speaking.  More accurately, he's filling gaping holes.  QB, DT, #2WR and adding a 3 down every play RB where he constantly had to rotate RBs depending on the play/situation.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler are the two best route runners in this draft. The Broncos have them both to go with Courtland Sutton, Noah Fant, and Melvin Gordon.

 

Drew Lock is a lucky guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What do we have left.  75 and 122?  Do we still go O?

 

I feel like there may be an amazing deal on a Guard coming up tonight.  At present time ZERO guards have gone off the board.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Not really a problem   Mack only plays like half a season anyway

 

 

Said were going to be a top running team.  

 

Many on here just dont listen

"top 5 run offense in league" was the goal IIRC

 

FWIW everything I've heard and read suggests Taylor's another really high-character guy too

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Not a huge fan of drafting RBs high in the draft. Not a huge fan of trading up for a RB... especially since I thought we had good RB stable. To a certain degree this pick is not shocking though - it continues the theme of WIN NOW moves by Ballard. 

 

I cannot quibble with the player himself though. Taylor was quite possibly the best runner in the draft. He runs strong, and he has explosive traits. I've said before that I like Mack but he leaves some yards on the field... I don't think Taylor will leave many yards on the field, he gets what's there and then some more. Greg Cosell compares him to Ezekiel Elliot as a runner and I can see that comparison. He has some fumbling issues but Mack had similar issues coming in, but they largely got fixed by our coaching staff. Taylor has worked on his receiving in the last year and made some improvements there, still not dynamic as a receiver though, IMO.

 

I feel like Taylor is the perfect fit as RB for the Colts oline. A one cut, physical runner, that can be dominant.

 

Mack is good but the RB market next year is crazy, very inflated. I've never seen so good backs up for contract. Very small chance we were going to re-sign him next year, especially as he isnt the best 3-down back.

 

Ballard saw a first round talent in what will be a position of need next year. He was also most likely BPA.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CelticColt said:

"top 5 run offense in league" was the goal IIRC

 

FWIW everything I've heard and read suggests Taylor's another really high-character guy too

Yep you listened ad get it 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha...everybody type casted Ballard...and then he calls a massive audible this offseason.

 

As much as I don’t like this saying...you have to “trust the binder”

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stitches said:

Not a huge fan of drafting RBs high in the draft. Not a huge fan of trading up for a RB... especially since I thought we had good RB stable. To a certain degree this pick is not shocking though - it continues the theme of WIN NOW moves by Ballard. 

 

I cannot quibble with the player himself though. Taylor was quite possibly the best runner in the draft. He runs strong, and he has explosive traits. I've said before that I like Mack but he leaves some yards on the field... I don't think Taylor will leave many yards on the field, he gets what's there and then some more. Greg Cosell compares him to Ezekiel Elliot as a runner and I can see that comparison. He has some fumbling issues but Mack had similar issues coming in, but they largely got fixed by our coaching staff. Taylor has worked on his receiving in the last year and made some improvements there, still not dynamic as a receiver though, IMO.

For what it’s worth...

 

Daniel Jeremiah says one concern about Taylor is that he wasn’t asked to block in pass protection.   A very small number.   So he has to get coached up there too.   Just saying.   
 

I’m surprised by the puck, but fine with it.   Now expecting DL, OL, or TE in the 3rd. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler are the two best route runners in this draft. The Broncos have them both to go with Courtland Sutton, Noah Fant, and Melvin Gordon.

 

Drew Lock is a lucky guy.

Van Jefferson.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CelticColt said:

wonder if Ballard thought Jax or Chi might take him before #44 (unlikely it seems to me)

 

odd pick IMO, but makes #75 that much more interesting I suppose


Im thinking Jax was gonna take him, since they are trying to trade Fournette and don’t really have a replacement for him yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth...

 

Daniel Jeremiah says one concern about Taylor us that he wasn’t asked to block in pass protection.   A very small number.   So he has to get coached up there too.   Just saying.   
 

I’m surprised by the puck, but fine with it.   Now expecting DL, OL, or TE in the 3rd. 

if someone like Elliott or Taylor is still there at #75.....a guy can dream

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Covid protocols really restrict this. I imagine at this point it’ll be Blankenship or someone else that’s already on the team.  AV is still available...
    • https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-salary-cap-conundrum-three-major-consequences-of-projected-decrease   @w87r interesting read.   And man, I’m glad that Ballard has managed this so far very well, we could be like the Saints. But we’re not and our cap roll over from this year is gonna help too. I 
    • My last game was the 2014 home playoff game against the Bengals.  See that’s the funny thing, I don’t either. I might have one drink a year. If that. I’m just too cheap to spend 40 bucks on a tiny bottle of water, sugar and corn. No. The results were better obviously for that 06 team. I mean they won the Super Bowl. But statistically and record wise, the 09 team was miles better. Polish screwed us when he pulled the starters at 14-0. I honestly think that messed with our mojo and we ended up 14-2 and lost in the Super Bowl. I think we could have ran the table with that 09 team.   the 05 team was even better yet.
    • For what it’s worth....   This week, after we got spanked good, the Colts are now ranked.....   9th.   Last week we were ranked ....   8th.   Yes, we lost bad and yet we only fell one spot.    Just posted this to show you what the outside world thinks of the Colts.   They still like us.   Ranked behind us are the Rams, who are 10th, the Ravens, who beat us, are 11th, and the Browns, who also beat us, are 12th.     It would appear the people who cover the NFL for a living like the Colts more than many in this fan base.    Just saying. 
    • It is actually spelled Derrick Henry  . I know he killed us on Sunday.
  • Members

    • Dunk

      Dunk 27

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • shakedownstreet

      shakedownstreet 7,749

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • csmopar

      csmopar 10,869

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 2,781

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jskinnz

      jskinnz 5,811

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyEric07

      IndyEric07 60

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • carmelcolt

      carmelcolt 33

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 631

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 3,204

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • shasta519

      shasta519 2,970

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...