Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ballard for two guys that will contribute day one.    

By the end of today, Goodell will be reading the picks from his bed

Buckner is a freakin all-pro. Relax.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Solon said:

He doesn't have any recorded fumbles according to ESPN statistics.

He has about 18 career fumbles...   15 of them lost.   But coaches think they can coach it out of the player. 

This pick makes sense for me for two reasons.

1. Mack is not a 3 down back and wont be re-signed next year. He doesn't catch or is not a powerful short yardage back.

2. The RB class next year is not supposed to be good next year.

• Thanks 1

Makes sense.  Run the ball.  Give Mack a tandem partner and it’s possible insurance if Mack walks next year.  Taylor will compete with Jordan Wilkins for back up spot.  We have 3 solid backs to grind teams with.  I like it.  

I wanted a top end back. Many seem in love with our current. I say keep Hines, Mack and obviously Taylor. Wilkins is just as expendable as Quincy Wilson. I love both picks in the 2nd. Could not be happier!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Love it

Ballard may have gotten it backwards.  The trade up looks like he was eager to get Swift of Taylor, but took a WR.  

Probably could have gotten Swift at 34 and Claypool at 44.  Swift is the better back, but Taylor is definitely bigger.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Goodbye Mack after this year....

Any info on the trade itself?

Honestly, I am not sure how Mack is still on the team.  They will push for Taylor to start

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

This pick makes sense for me for two reasons.

1. Mack is not a 3 down back and wont be re-signed next year. He doesn't catch or is not a powerful short yardage back.

2. The RB class next year is not supposed to be good.

Travis Etienne, Chubba Hubbard, and Najee Harris would disagree with your second reason.

I’m a fan because he’s a well rounded back. I don’t like it because lots of Wisconsin RBs fizzled out at the NFL after coming in with lots of mileage from college.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly, I am not sure how Mack is still on the team.  They will push for Taylor to start

Dude, Mack was 11th in yards last year, and 9th in av/game. Let's stop acting like he's a castaway jag.... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Now we need to trade Mack while we're can get something for him. No extension for Mack. Dolphins need a back and Marlin is a Florida guy. 

You need two. Mack isn’t going anywhere. He will finish his contract.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Travis Etienne, Chubba Hubbard, and Najee Harris would disagree with your second reason.

Hubbard and Harris I think are more 3rd round prospects imo. Solid players but Taylor is better than all three. 

I think we would have been looking for a bell cow RB next year.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He has about 18 career fumbles...   15 of them lost.   But coaches think they can coach it out of the player. 

He's also got a bunch of carries.  I think he was a three year starter, or heavy contributor.  Wonder what the actual fumble per touch was.

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

Hubbard and Harris I think are more 3rd round prospects imo. Solid players but Taylor is better than all three. 

I think we would have been looking for a bell cow RB next year.

Not saying I completely hate the Taylor pick, but Etienne would have been my number one running back this year ahead of Swift for sure.

I would have probably put Chubba in front of Jonathan Taylor too honestly.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ColtJax said:

We could have waited and had either White, Achers or Dobbins and not lost the 5th. Personally, I'd take the Notre Dame TE before any RB..

Nope Kmet would have been gone lol

Good pick.  No drop off in run game when Mack steps out for a few plays.   Just made our strength stronger with an elite back that can take it to the house on any given play.

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

I really hope Taylor catches passes.

He does.  WI doesn't do it that much, but he's supposed to do it well.

He can block.  He can take it to the house.  He can catch.  Now Rivers has the opportunity to audible into any play he wants and isn't limited by who is in the backfield.

1 minute ago, CelticColt said:

I'm not following the cablecast: did Ballard move up after the Texans got Blacklock or before?

Yeah, I'm not sure.  It just looks like he gave up a lot for the three spots, but maybe not.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Looks like a panic move?

Or Ballard just was in love, and though another team was going to grab a RB. 

Just not overly happy as he hasn't been a big part of the passing game. 

Hope he can catch. 

Win-now mode is def in full effect.  When you spend your first 2 picks on a perfect-fit WR2 and a franchise RB it's a full commitment.  

We may have been able to move down for Pittman, but with Higgins starting the waterfall there was no way to know how that would have gone down.  Taylor was absolutely worth the move-up in that spot.  You could almost hear Doug Marrone do the Homer Simpson "DOH!" when Indy's pick came in.  Instead of Taylor shredding us for the next 5 years, he'll be dishing it out on our behalf.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1