Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

38 minutes ago, krunk said:

We've got 2 second rounders so...........I'm thinking between OL, WR, and CB.  I don't really know the defensive players this year as far as the DE are concerned.  If there's any nice ones out there then I guess that's a possibility too.  It's weird that so far there's only been 1 pass rusher taken.

Best as I can understand, these guys are really boom to bust and probably more avg types. We already have those guys. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ballard for two guys that will contribute day one.    

By the end of today, Goodell will be reading the picks from his bed

Buckner is a freakin all-pro. Relax.

Posted Images

I think the Bengals will take Cleveland because they want to protect Burrow, Mims will be there then. Having said that if they take Mims, I would take Cleveland to add to our O.Line depth to protect old man Rivers haha . Maybe even Higgins for a WR? Higgins looks good.

11 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Probably because judge mental reasonable people can accept that people can and do grow up at different rates. Get over your hatred of the kid. If he fails, he fails. We are no further out than taking Love and having him flop. It’s all risk. God the people who are judging these kids for stupid actions that seemed related to maturity have little clue of how youth grow. He was an *, has been a model citizen since coming to Indy. It’s really all you can ask of a flawed candidate. None of the candidates left, including Love, have anymore talent than Kelly has and none of them are guaranteed anything. If we have to offer Kelly a 200 million dollar contract, thien we really have to look at things. Some of you have been so ridiculous and judgmental that’s its embarrassing. 

Dude I’m 26, the same age as Chad Kelly. So I know how he grew up because we grew up at the same time. I’ve been an * before but I’ve never threatened to shoot someone or fought a bouncer. 

Tomorrow will be fun. Go get rivers some weapons.  I am ok with what happened as long as it was ballard not wanting Love and not GB jumping one spot ahead of where we would of traded up. My guess is no QB in second round either. 

We better Hope Rivers doesn’t suck next year.

12 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Dude I’m 26, the same age as Chad Kelly. So I know how he grew up because we grew up at the same time. I’ve been an * before but I’ve never threatened to shoot someone or fought a bouncer. 

Neither did Kelly.  Look it up.

30 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

That plus the incident at Denver(where Von Miller had to kick him out of his party), the guy has a problem when he drinks. What do you think is gonna happen if you give him starter money. 

Cant trust him, can’t be the face of the franchise and frankly I don’t want a QB with a drinking/aggression problems to the point his teammates are throwing them out of there houses. 

If you actually look into his history idk how you could want him as your teams starting QB

I’ve never said I want him as my teams starting QB.   But I’d be fine if he was the backup.

I.   Trust.  Chris.  Ballard.  And his staff. 

6 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

Neither did Kelly.  Look it up.

It’s in the police report, but at this point I will say we will agree to disagree on this guy, because we aren’t gonna change each other’s opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

It’s in the police report, but at this point I will say we will agree to disagree on this guy, because we aren’t gonna change each other’s opinion. 

Keep looking for the article where the bouncer admits he made up the shooting part to get the police to show up.

I think we take Mims at 34, Kmet at 44, Gordon at 75. Gordon will be our next franchise QB. Then again I may be wrong and Ballard may draft Cleveland to beef our O.Line up. We have a ton of options. I think Rivers is still good at QB for 1 year, after that not sure. Rivers will be protected well by our line.

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This probably means they were not high on Love. Because they could of moved up for like a 4th rd pick if they did.

I take the word of a national reporter over all of the local ones EVERY SINGLE TIME. The local ones know nothing. They all pretend to have sources and 'report' news once a national writer has already reported it and they are all like "I can confirm this and that, according to a source" ... yeah... if you had the source you would have reported it first. The only time they "report" something is when they do the cleanup/PR job for the team post-factum. This is not limited to the Colts BTW. All small market teams in most sports are like that.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, stitches said:

I take the word of a national reporter over all of the local ones EVERY SINGLE TIME. The local ones know nothing. They all pretend to have sources and 'report' news once a national writer has already reported it and they are all like "I can confirm this and that, according to a source" ... yeah... if you had the source you would have reported it first. The only time they "report" something is when they do the cleanup/PR job for the team post-factum. This is not limited to the Colts BTW. All small market teams in most sports are like that.

If it’s true if they  were going to move up ballard got smoked. No excuses if he really wanted him.

• Sad 1
48 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If it’s true if they  were going to move up ballard got smoked. No excuses if he really wanted him.

Whether he wanted him or not, it’s Ballard’s call, not yours.   You seem to have a really hard time grasping this....

This is the second time tonight you’ve scolded him and you don’t even know the full and complete story.   

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Whether he wanted him or not, it’s Ballard’s call, not yours.   You seem to have a really hard time grasping this....

This is the second time tonight you’ve scolded him and you don’t even know the full and complete story.   

What don’t you get. All I said was he got skunked if GB beat us by one pick. Same thing happened to NO when KC got Mahomes. We will never know.

51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Eh, not everything is so black or white and not everything is within the control of a GM. There are nuances in this situation but to some degree I agree it is part of his job to get in position to draft key targets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Eh, not everything is so black or white and not everything is within the control of a GM. There are nuances in this situation but to some degree I agree it is part of his job to get in position to draft key targets.

You can only do so much when it comes to "getting in position" to draft guys. Other teams have to agree. 

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What don’t you get. All I said was he got skunked if GB beat us by one pick. Same thing happened to NO when KC got Mahomes. We will never know.

What don’t I get?    You feel it’s appropriate to write things like “Shame on him” and other choice presumptive comments.   You’re one if the few who does this.

Its the same with contracts in free agency.   Ballard decides on a contract for a player and if another team offers more, then Ballard is fine letting the player go.   He not getting  “skunked”.

So if we made an offer and another team made a better offer, then Ballard doesn’t feel skunked.   He chose not to offer better or more picks to make the trade.  That’s how Ballard has worked since he arrived.   And you haven’t figured that out yet.   That’s why you write posts where you scold Ballard as if you know better.    It doesn’t even occur to you how wrong it is or how bad a look it is.   You write it without a second thought.   Sometimes it feels you write these things without a first thought.   I don’t know why you do this?  

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What don’t I get?    You feel it’s appropriate to write things like “Shame on him” and other choice presumptive comments.   You’re one if the few who does this.

Its the same with contracts in free agency.   Ballard decides on a contract for a player and if another team offers more, then Ballard is fine letting the player go.   He not getting  “skunked”.

So if we made an offer and another team made a better offer, then Ballard doesn’t feel skunked.   He chose not to offer better or more picks to make the trade.  That’s how Ballard has worked since he arrived.   And you haven’t figured that out yet.   That’s why you write posts where you scold Ballard as if you know better.    It doesn’t even occur to you how wrong it is or how bad a look it is.   You write it without a second thought.   Sometimes it feels you write these things without a first thought.   I don’t know why you do this?  

We aren’t talking about a better offer. We are talking about him maybe having a trade with Seattle already and GB jumped in front. We will never know if that’s the case or if he didn’t want him. The point was he if that happened he was passive and waited to long. But we will never know if that actually happened.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

We aren’t talking about a better offer. We are talking about him maybe having a trade with Seattle already and GB jumped in front. We will never know if that’s the case or if he didn’t want him. The point was he if that happened he was passive and waited to long. But we will never know if that actually happened.

It’s not about passive.   It’s about what Ballard is willing to spend.  

He makes an offer.   He knows full well that another team may make a better offer.   And if he gets outbid, he is willing to walk away.   He always says a player might be worth more to another team than to the Colts.   And he’s fine with that.

If Green Bay wanted to offer more to trade up than Ballard was willing to offer then Green Bay wins the bidding war.

Do you not remember all the way back to Monday of this week Ballard saying he’s doesn’t like reaching — ESPECIALLY for a quarterback.   So he offers what he thinks is the appropriate amount and if he gets outbid, than he’s ok not getting the player.   The player turned out to be too expensive.   He said it this week and you either forgot or didn’t understand what it meant in the context of a draft.

Ballard wasn’t passive.  He sets a value and doesn’t exceed that — period.  

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Love throws a good long ball. Fromm does not. 

Its an accurate long ball, that's for sure.  And that is very important.

I was just providing Fromm's velocity relative to Love to give some consolation to the Love fans, that they didn't lose a gunslinger with a cannon.  They lost a gunslinger mind that probably doesn't have the ball velocity to back it up at the moment.  Which might help explain his 2019 season.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Look, just my opinion here, but this HAS to end. Not just with you but everyone on here regarding LOVE, whether we wanted him or not, whether Ballard got skunked. STOP entertaining this stuff please, stop defending, stop hypothesizing,  stop everything regarding LOVE. It's over, so long, good riddance. There is not enough aspirin in the world to ease this subject. 

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Look, just my opinion here, but this HAS to end. Not just with you but everyone on here regarding LOVE, whether we wanted him or not, whether Ballard got skunked. STOP entertaining this stuff please, stop defending, stop hypothesizing,  stop everything regarding LOVE. It's over, so long, good riddance. There is not enough aspirin in the world to ease this subject. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Thank you, Indeee.  A trail of posts filled with if, maybe, etc. 

We're on to 34...  :hat:

7 hours ago, presto123 said:

We have another year and a half before any football is played anyway.

Good reason to trade down for 2021 picks.  If there is no 2020 season, I doubt they just give the Bengals the #1 pick again.  They will likely have some type of lottery, at least for the top 14-16.  The Colts could luck out, get relatively high and package some picks for a franchise QB.

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Imagine being one game away from the Sb and not taking a WR.

So, they are drafting a backup QB whose rookie contract may almost expire by the time Rodgers is retired with a first round pick, got it!!! :thmup:

1 hour ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Juedy and Lamb on the board at 13 doesn’t sit well with me, but I understand why he traded the pick. 

Don’t worry, this team will be picking in that area again next year. Just with less attractive WR options smh

33 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Don’t worry, this team will be picking in that area again next year. Just with less attractive WR options smh

with the 13th pick, we got the defensive team captain from a team that made it to the Super Bowl BECAUSE of their defense... he is a young all pro at a position of great need.  Everyone needs to stop complaining that we took a PROVEN stud on D (a position that makes a cover 2 work) instead of an unproven kid out of college at ANY position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

with the 13th pick, we got the defensive team captain from a team that made it to the Super Bowl BECAUSE of their defense... he is a young all pro at a position of great need.  Everyone needs to stop complaining that we took a PROVEN stud on D (a position that makes a cover 2 work) instead of an unproven kid out of college at ANY position.

If this dline stays healthy this defense is gonna surprise a lot of teams. Getting Buckner to me, is like getting a proven QB for your offense. It WILL significantly improve the rest of the unit and it will show on film. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Im fine with the pick up of Buckner. However, I’m not a believer in the aging Rivers to do anything special given the drop in WR talent from Chargers to Indy