Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our first three picks are.....

EastStreet

Our first three picks are.....   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Our first pick, regardless if it's 34 or ?, will be......

2. 2. Our second pick, regardless if it's 44 or ?, will be......

3. 3. Our third pick, regardless if it's 75 or ?... will be....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2020 at 11:00 PM

Just a little fun before the start of the draft to test your GM prediction skills.

I'll attempt to grade the most correct, and crown a winner after all is said and done.

Poll open till 7pm tomorrow night.

If you want to add the "who" in comments, please do! Feel free to pontificate on potential trades. Just remember, it's the first 3 picks, regardless of where they end up being! If there's a tie, I'll use the who or other stuff (comments) to break a tie.

Finally, a little football action, even if it's only the draft. Pumped for tonight, even if we don't have a pick (maybe lol).

I went X, OT, and TE. 

My picks for who....

X - Pittman, or Claypool if Pittman is gone

OT - Cleveland, or Wanogho is Cleveland is gone

TE - Bryant, or Okwuegbunam if Bryant is gone

If there's a trade, up, it will be to grab Love late in the bottom of the 1st, which will screw my picks lol...

If there's a trade down, it won't be too far down, and might garner us an extra 3rd or 4th rounder. 

8 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

I’m hoping they go Edge but the more I think about it the more I see CB trading up from 34 to get a CB.. maybe Terrell out of Clemson.

Then WR at 44.

I really don't want yet another DE in the 2nd or 3rd round. 3 DEs in 3 years in the second plus one in the 3rd..... We need to develop what we have, or go earlier (1st) next year or in FA. I think Houston will be back too.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I went X, OT, and TE. 

My picks for who....

If there's a trade, up, it will be to grab Love late in the bottom of the 1st, which will screw my picks lol...

If there's a trade down, it won't be too far down, and might garner us an extra 3rd or 4th rounder. 

Claypool is a guy I've started to like alot recently. He needs to improve gaining separation in and out of his breaks, but he has the ability to really improve in this area and demonstrated his athletic upside in the combine. I was re-watching some of his senior bowl tape and he flashed quite a bit, but isn't there yet. He comes across as the type of kid that plays hard, has a good attitude, I think he will be good in the pros. He improved every year at ND. Pittman is more refined, but Claypool could be better in time.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Reagor at 5-11 is a Z or traditional slot though (you picked X). 

I almost went with Cleveland with our 1st pick too.

Sorry bout that!

For the record, I like Pittman best for WR in the Colts draft range. 

However, OT makes more sense to me at 34 than any other. There is zero depth.

@EastStreet

Do you follow Lindy’s Sports draft?

I have for years and the reason I ask, is they actually rated E. Cleveland as an OG with 1-2 Rd grade. I like the idea of him potentially playing OG year 1 like T. Glenn did and then eventually moving outside?

Thoughts?

Everyone thinks AC is retiring after this year.  I'm not so sure.  Especially if we have a good year. Ballard is pretty good at keeping a lot of cap space.  So we could trade for one.  I still think he goes BPA and where we are picking I would be surprised if that player is a tackle.  Maybe a guard though.  

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Everyone thinks AC is retiring after this year.  I'm not so sure.  Especially if we have a good year. Ballard is pretty good at keeping a lot of cap space.  So we could trade for one.  I still think he goes BPA and where we are picking I would be surprised if that player is a tackle.  Maybe a guard though.  

Simply put, having a capable or adequate backup OL men will at least allow the GM to sleep easier.

2 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Simply put, having a capable or adequate backup OL men will at least allow the GM to sleep easier.

Agreed, I just don't think Ballard can risk it like he did in 2017. If we lose just 1 member of the oline we don't have good depth. And it will be magnified with Rivers being immobile. 

If the question were what I would do, I'd have a running back in those first 3 somewhere, and specifically thinking of Dobbins, because I think his skill set would thrive in a huge way in this offense. But I really think they plan to get a tackle and receiver in those picks somewhere, and I'm also thinking more and more all the time that they plan to trade Hooker, in which case I think they'll look for a replacement high, as well.

39 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The beauty of drafting a talented-enough OT at 34 is that it gives us flexibility.  At 34, he could start at RT right away, push Smith inside and Glow to the bench.  Glow would be the first backup G. 

Rookie > Smith, Smith > Glow, Glow > Haeg.  That's upgrading three Oline spots with one pick.  And Smith can be the backup RT, with Clark the backup LT.

Then he can take over for AC when he retires. 

What's really great when you read everyone's suggestions is that you realize that whatever they do, they should get at least 3 or 4 really good prospects to help this team tonight. And that's exciting, whoever they end up being.

It's a far sight more exciting than knowing your team is going to pick Wellsley Pussbucket from NE Nosebottom State with their first pick. I'm just thrilled to be done with that.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I went X, OT, and TE. 

My picks for who....

I went OT, X and FS. I would definitely be happy with your combination of players as well. 

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

Claypool is a guy I've started to like alot recently. He needs to improve gaining separation in and out of his breaks, but he has the ability to really improve in this area and demonstrated his athletic upside in the combine. I was re-watching some of his senior bowl tape and he flashed quite a bit, but isn't there yet. He comes across as the type of kid that plays hard, has a good attitude, I think he will be good in the pros. He improved every year at ND. Pittman is more refined, but Claypool could be better in time.

Agreed. I love Claypool. I think Pittman is a little more "ready now", but I think Claypool has a higher overall ceiling, and would love to have him. Most ND kids are "good" kids, so I like that about him too. Not saying Pittman is bad in any way, I just like the ND type of guy by default. And ND has a tendency at WR not to play young guys a lot, so I think his lack of early reps has set him back a bit (along with the fact he's from Canada). He's got great measurables though, so expect him to continue to improve.

54 minutes ago, Superfly said:

@EastStreet

Do you follow Lindy’s Sports draft?

I have for years and the reason I ask, is they actually rated E. Cleveland as an OG with 1-2 Rd grade. I like the idea of him potentially playing OG year 1 like T. Glenn did and then eventually moving outside?

Thoughts?

I do follow Lindy but not so much this year to be honest. I think Cleveland is a ready made G, but I think he could easily be a LT with a little added mass. He'd be fine at T (L or R) in our zone blocking scheme IMO. In two years, I could easily see him replacing AC with the right development.

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

I wouldn’t be upset with both guys. Claypool and Pittman has grown on me over time and the others in here who have talked them up, more so for Pittman than Claypool but I’d like both. It’s just that two is a luxury to me and I really think we need that OT who can step in a game or a few plays if needed and then transition into next year or year after as a mainstay. 

29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If we take a FS, I hope it's Dugger. If he's there at 75 I would definitely think long and hard.

My thought is based off the trade of Hooker though. If we keep Hooker, I’d say CB or TE. 

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

My thought is based off the trade of Hooker though. If we keep Hooker, I’d say CB or TE. 

If they traded Hooker, I'd hope they do it in conjunction with the same pick we'd use for a FS. And honestly that would be hard getting the timing right, or in synch with value we'd get from him. Personally, I think Hooker will have a very good year in 2020 with the improved DL.

33 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm a little surprised TE isn't getting more love.

I  only like Kmet for a TE in the early rounds, but I thought an OT and a big X was the better pick at 34 and 44.  I don't think he will be there at 75.  And with Burton signed for a year, I think we can drop a round or two and get a guy like Harrison Bryant who can gain weight and develop on the bench since he won't have to contribute right away.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

If they traded Hooker, I'd hope they do it in conjunction with the same pick we'd use for a FS. And honestly that would be hard getting the timing right, or in synch with value we'd get from him. Personally, I think Hooker will have a very good year in 2020 with the improved DL.

If Dugger projects to FS, I'd prefer him over Hooker straight up, but I'm reading he's basically a SS.

Just now, DougDew said:

I only like Kmet for the early round, but I thought an OT and a big X was the better pick at 34 and 44.  I don't think he will be there at 75.  And with Burton signed for a year, I think we can drop a round or two and get a guy like Harrison Bryant who can gain weight and develop on the bench since he won't have to contribute right away.

I think there are several good options at TE available through the 3rd round, but we'll see. I really don't think Burton will impact draft strategy all that much. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Hard but not impossible. However, it won’t shock me if he stays and does well. He isn’t the weakest link on the team, he isn’t the player we hoped for though. 

Archived