Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HAPPY DRAFT DAY!!

For this mock draft, I used NFL Mock Draft Database's simulator. Honestly, Pittman may not last to 53, but a guy can dream right? I think this draft instantly improves the offense and provides some young, developmental players with high upside to take the torch in the next few years.

(C) = Team Captain

TRADES

MIN 22 -> IND 34 & 75

IND 44  -> PHI 53 & 103

Round: 1

22. Jordan Love QB | Utah State (C) -  We jump in front of NE to get our future franchise QB to sit and learn behind Rivers.

Round: 2

53. Michael Pittman Jr. WR | USC (C) -  One of my favorite day 2 WRs. I think he would be a perfect compliment to TY and Campbell that can contribute right away and develop into a future WR1.

Round: 3

103: Khalid Kareem EDGE | Notre Dame (C) -  Kareem was purely BPA here. He's a 3 down DE with ideal size, length, and athleticism that is great in the run game and could be an even better pass rusher if he can improve on his counters. High ceiling/high floor guy.

Round: 4

122. Van Jefferson WR | Florida  -  The best route runner in this draft. He's not going to take the top off of a defense, but he'd be a reliable possession WR and there's always a need for a guy that can consistently help move the chains.

Round: 5

161 Tyre Phillips IOL | Mississippi State  -  Massive guy (6'5" 331lbs) with great length (35 1/8”). Tyre played LT in college, only 1 year at the FBS level, but his lack of mobility points to a move inside to G. Dude is an absolute mauler in the run game and a brick house in pass pro, but he can be a bit slow out of his stance and struggle a bit with speed. A year or so of development and he could easily be our RG of the future and in the meantime provide depth at G/T.

Round: 6

194. Alex Taylor OT | South Carolina State  -  High upside & potential LT of the future that will need a few years to develop.

198. Antoine Brooks Jr. S | Maryland  -  Hard hitting, physical box safety. He's not helping you in coverage at all, but he'll help set the tone when he's in on defense (which would be in certain sub-packages only). At the very least, he projects as a high level ST player and would be a heat-seeking missile on kick coverage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like a lot of these picks. Not sure we have to move up to get Love, as it seems a lot of people have him dropping out of R1. Maybe a trade with SF to get to 31 so we have a 5th yr option. Would love to see us get Pittman if he lasts that long. The Jefferson pick at 122 is gold if he is there.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Superfly said:

Highly doubt the Colts select two WRs. 

I'm not a fan of it in theory, but he ended up BPA at that spot. You could swap in a TE like Adam Trautman or Harrison Bryant in that spot.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Those NE teams were top 3 in scoring for almost a decade.   Reich's stated goal this offseason was to make the offense more explosive. He doesn't want it to just be some methodical clock control offense. And when the Colts scored this year...it was often because of explosive plays. The back half of the season was full of a huge plays...sometimes against lackluster defenses...which played a big part in that point average.   Also, the Colts were also 2nd in points scored by the defense per game...and that doesn't even include the points from short fields they provided with TOs. It's hard to expect much improvement their overall. But aside from pressuring the QB...I would argue that it isn't even needed (at least not like offense).   But on offense...improvement is a necessity if they want to win a SB. Just being a top 10 offense isn't enough. It hasn't been enough for the past 5 seasons.
    • It has been.  Teams attacked more in the seems and with short passing games which is where safeties eat.    
    • agree: I get all the theorizing about Reich & Wentz reuniting to recapture their old magic, but there's no way I'm giving up much (if any) draft capital for a guy who played like Wentz did this season--not to mention his humongous contract
    • Well a lot of people think the falcons will start over and move on from Ryan much like the Lions.  Even if they are stuck with him for this year the coach may want his guy to groom for a year not unlike what the chiefs did or the giants did with Eli and Jones.  With the Panthers I don’t think people believe in Bridgewater.
    • Your third paragraph I would agree with and are much bigger problems than yards per completion.     I don’t mean to make it sound like the offense is perfect and the defense isn’t.  I don’t feel that way.  I, like you, think both need to get better.  On defense they need help in the secondary and pass rush and probably another starting linebacker as I don’t expect Walker back.     On offense clearly they need a left tackle but aside from that they need a third down guy like Marvin was for Peyton or Reggie was for Andrew.  A guy the QB knows he can go to on third down no matter what.  Maybe that guy is on the roster and maybe a new QB or true off season with Rivers will let him develop that chemistry with someone.  I also think they need a little more production from Doyle at the TE position and need to move on from Burton.  Lastly, they lack a true number WR hurts the offense.  TY is fading and I don’t think Pittman is ready for that yet.  That might just be some growing pains the Colts have to live with until Pittman takes that roll as I am not sure how much more they are willing to invest in WRs.
  • Members

• Leon

Leon 1

• Mackrel829

Mackrel829 3

Rookie
    • jskinnz

jskinnz 1,747

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 4,279

• davidshoff

davidshoff 1