Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ben Banogu

NorthernColt

2 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I disagree Doug, I think by the time of the draft last year people were still solidly deluding themselves about Cain. There was still confidence in those 3 days of praise from 2018 training camp and that "he could have been a second round pick if he had a better quarterback" belief was going strong. 

We'll see what Cain does this year, after a year in someone's system. While I think he was somewhat over hyped, I still think he's got plenty of value is used in the right way. We moved him around from Z to X because of injury, and tried to make a possession WR out of him (which he's never been). All that combined with bad pass quality was not ideal for him (or any young WR).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

You are the one that disagreed with crazycolt and challenged him.  He just defended his position. None of this exchange happens if not for you so you shouldn’t act innocent. 

Goodness.

1. He accused people of using hindsight now to say they  preferred Brown over Ben a year ago. 

2 And concluded they had to be using hindsight because everybody thought the WR position was fine a year ago.  

Both aren't even close to being facts, and I felt they were so far off it deserved to be pointed out.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Goodness.

1. He accused people of using hindsight now to say they  preferred Brown over Ben a year ago. 

2 And concluded they had to be using hindsight because everybody thought the WR position was fine a year ago.  

Both aren't even close to the truth, and I felt they were so far off it deserved to be pointed out.

I quite understand that you think this is worth getting your feathers all ruffled but no, not really. 

People having different points is why this forum is here. If we all thought alike and had the same opinions why even be here? Honestly, it would be too boring. 

If it's all that important to you then be my guest. Knock yourself out. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand that but it didn't go that way. Ballard is not 100% correct but I'm not going to be the one too make an issue of it. 

Like most any GM in the league would say, "you win some, you lose some" to each other. 

Ballard's percentage of making the right moves is pretty high. He stands up and explains himself as to why he done something. I cant let the what ifs bother me because I had no control in the first place. :dunno: 

The guy I would like is van Jefferson  at wr  love his route  running. When he turns out good don't  want noone saying  its  hindsight.  I'M predicting  it beforehand 

9 hours ago, DougDew said:

Ok, this I have to disagree with a lot.

Many on this forum did not believe that the WR position was in good shape.  Funchess on a one year, Inman gone, Cain coming off a knee, Fountain not showing anything.  

It's not hindsight.  Many are going back to what they were thinking at the time and remembering how much they thought Benago was a bad pick with Brown sitting there.  Not to mention we already had Turay and Lewis drafted the year before in the second round for pass rush.   That looked shored up for the present and future but WR had questions throughout, IMO   

Can’t argue with your position on the point about the WR situation. However at the time of Ballard drafting he was picking with the mind set Andrew would be here. So he thought he had wiggle room and could stack the defense. He then picked up Campbell. Health killed the team last season. I don’t give Ballard a pass. He had a chance in that draft to get a DT. Fixed the problem with Buckner I’m hoping this year. Nothing is guaranteed until proven. 

Archived