Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Smith And 49Ers Make Up

ColtsBlueFL

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/20/smith-close-to-finalizing-return-to-49ers/?module=HP11_breaking_news

Alex Smith and the 49ers agreed to terms on a new contract Tuesday, a league source told NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi.

--

If you were in Alex Smith's shoes, wouldn't it be awkward? They did just try to replace you after your best season in the league...

http://blogs.nfl.com...1_breaking_news

Alex Smith and the 49ers agreed to terms on a new contract Tuesday, a league source told NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi.

--

If you were in Alex Smith's shoes, wouldn't it be awkward? They did just try to replace you after your best season in the league...

From what I read, the 49ers offered Smith a contract that Smith has been hesitant to sign, before the 49ers went after PM.

Now that the PM saga is over for the 49ers, and the Miami visit is also over with the Garrad signing, Smith takes the offer.

http://blogs.nfl.com...1_breaking_news

--

I am sure it was akward at first, but I am also sure they will move on and hopefully for Smith be able to move forward. Maybe this will be extra motivation for Smith to have an even better season.

It's miraculous that if you cover hurt feelings with a thick layer of cash, the feelings get aaaaall better!

Yes, cash does cure what ails ya...That & no other NFL teams willing to sign you a 3 year $24 million dollar contract at $8 million per year. Very nice work if you can find it in this bleak economy.

While it's true Alex Smith toured the Dolphins facility recently, everyone knew his only real organization viaing for his QB talents was San Francisco. It makes your selection process much simpler when you only have 1 suitor.

Yes, cash does cure what ails ya...That & no other NFL teams willing to sign you a 3 year $24 million dollar contract at $8 million per year.

Thanks but I'm pretty good with math and would have figured the breakdown per year...... :applause:

Very nice work if you can find it in this bleak economy.

Bleak? I don't consider $96 million or $24 million bleak, somebody is making the money, :nutz: