Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Colts still target a TE in the draft?

With the signing of Burton and the pieces of Jack and Cox already in place I can't decide if they will still take a chance at the position or stay pat with who we currently have. Thoughts? 

5 minutes ago, JackColt23 said:

With the signing of Burton and the pieces of Jack and Cox already in place I can't decide if they will still take a chance at the position or stay pat with who we currently have. Thoughts? 

I think they have to this is a good TE draft and Burton isn't a real number two option he is a TE 3 in my opinion.

9 hours ago, JackColt23 said:

I can absolutely see us taking a TE if they're BPA. Burton is a TE2 at best and potentially just TE3. There's a handful of high ceiling TE's in this draft that should be available in later rounds.

10 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I think they have to this is a good TE draft and Burton isn't a real number two option he is a TE 3 in my opinion.

This isn't a good TE draft at all.  There is Kmet, and he's far and away the best TE, most years, he wouldn't dream of being ranked that high.  He was smart to come out this year, mostly due to no competition at his position.... He wasn't even the top option on ND's offense, but he's top TE in draft this year.....  Past him, there's another precipitous dropoff to Trautmann and some other FCS type guys.... If a TE is best on your board, sure Burton doesn't do anything to keep you from drafting him, but I don't think you take one if there is anyone at the same ranking talent wise, at another position.

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

This isn't a good TE draft at all.  There is Kmet, and he's far and away the best TE, most years, he wouldn't dream of being ranked that high.  He was smart to come out this year, mostly due to no competition at his position.... He wasn't even the top option on ND's offense, but he's top TE in draft this year.....  Past him, there's another precipitous dropoff to Trautmann and some other FCS type guys.... If a TE is best on your board, sure Burton doesn't do anything to keep you from drafting him, but I don't think you take one if there is anyone at the same ranking talent wise, at another position.

I would argue that this years is better than last years.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now