Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good evening colts fans and Hoosiers ! VERY exciting time is upon as we are less than 24 hours away from seeing how Ballard works

the draft to build a bright future for the colts. I know there have been a BUNCH of mocks and bold predictions, but there hasn’t been many threads on the ONE person you hope the colts draft these next 3 days. I’ll start with mine:

Jordan Love 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Here's some of my favorites beyond Love 

Van Jefferson 

Ezra Cleveland 

Matt Peart 

Jeremy Chinn 

Mine alternate would be Michael Pittman

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I have no idea how this draft will end up. I just hope we take a legit X early. If Love somehow falls to 34, I'd hope they'd grab him. 

at 34 he would be a no brainer 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I would think so as well. 

Not sure what I would think if we did besides MAJOR disappointment 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't wait for this as the sports world has been dead for a while. I am off tomorrow and Friday. I have to go in early Saturday but if we stay at 34 and 44 I will get to see it. 

it will be refreshing to having something sports related besides all the doom and gloom. Most important draft for the colts in a long time during a tough stretch  of uncertainty. Hoping it delivers!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

Not sure what I would think if we did besides MAJOR disappointment 

it will be refreshing to having something sports related besides all the doom and gloom. Most important draft for the colts in a long time during a tough stretch  of uncertainty. Hoping it delivers!

wait you just said you wanted love 

1 hour ago, adubb84 said:

Good evening colts fans and Hoosiers ! VERY exciting time is upon as we are less than 24 hours away from seeing how Ballard works

the draft to build a bright future for the colts. I know there have been a BUNCH of mocks and bold predictions, but there hasn’t been many threads on the ONE person you hope the colts draft these next 3 days. I’ll start with mine:

Jordan Love 

Michael Pitman or Denzel Mims 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

High chance Mims doesn't make it last round 1 and there's no way I'm trading up for him 

He could very well slide to the second round and if he does I’d like him to fall right into our hands. 

at 34 for me Mims/Pittman (if there is a run on a few positions leading up they either may both be there, or neither be there......so I am splittin' the baby and hoping 1 will be there.

at 44 Ezra Cleveland and I really don't have a plan B on this spot......

So WR, OT would be my dream sweep for round 2....I really dont like any of the QB's that would be available to us, I would rather roll the dice with the 25 million dollar man and aim high in 2021 for a franchise guy.....and every pick we can scrape together to get there.

5 hours ago, adubb84 said:

May have worded it wrong. Disappointment if we had him fall to us at 34 and we passed 

That's why I hate to get too enamored with any player prior to the draft. 

I go from thinking he's going to be great, to maybe hoping he's a bust once we don't draft him.  Especially if he goes to the Patriots, Titan, or Texans. 

(If he goes to the Jags, it's almost guaranteed they'll ruin his career).

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That's why I hate to get too enamored with any player prior to the draft. 

I go from thinking he's going to be great, to maybe hoping he's a bust once we don't draft him.  Especially if he goes to the Patriots, Titan, or Texans. 

(If he goes to the Jags, it's almost guaranteed they'll ruin his career).

I’ve tried talking myself into thinking that it’s “OK” to carry 3 QB’s on the roster.... but doesn’t make a whole ton of sense. To your point he isn’t a day one starter and the think there are some teams out there that will go for it anyways. 

2 hours ago, Crunked said:

at 34 for me Mims/Pittman (if there is a run on a few positions leading up they either may both be there, or neither be there......so I am splittin' the baby and hoping 1 will be there.

Mims and Pittman are a bit of an enigma. They very well could be available late in round 1 or early round 2, but also could be gone if we get cute and wait for the board to come to us and don’t go after them. Some tough decisions today haha

30 minutes ago, Myles said:

This will easily be the highest rated draft of all time.  Even though in comparison, it lacks the major question marks.   

I think even if you’re not a football fan you still want to see how they pull off a virtual draft. Agree on it being the highest rated of all time. 

• Like 1

I was thinking about how it is still possible that the NFL season doesn't even take place this year.  

What if:

A team that wasn't going to be making a playoff run this year and odds are they would finish in the 4-8 win spot would decide to play free agency, trades and draft as if the season is not taking place.  A gamble of sorts.   What would you do if this was how you were going to play it?   Trade good players on their last year of their contract?  Maybe after attempting to extend them.  Choose not to sign any players to 1 year contracts?   That would be a given.  Draft players that you don't expect to contribute in 2020 (because there will be no season) and figure in 2021 you will have 2nd year rookies.  

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I have no idea how this draft will end up. I just hope we take a legit X early. If Love somehow falls to 34, I'd hope they'd grab him. 

I am positive all of their picks will be xy.  i just hope they don't get a xyy, they usually end up in prison. 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I saw a mock where Tua slid and we moved up to get him late in the first round.  How would u feel about that?

That would be great.    No chance it happens though.   

Tua has allot of health concerns, but with Rivers, he'd be able to sit and heal for a year or 2.