Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

esidery

Manny Lawson: Colts Are Interested

Colts are interested in many Lawson according to sources. Could be a great 3-4 backup rush linebacker behind Dwight?

In contention along with Browns and Raiders. Also played under Mike Zimmer

Ideal addition to our 3-4. Anyone want to go out on a limb and say where they think he is going. I personally think he chooses the Raiders

Of course it would be nice seeing him with Angerer, Connor, Wheeler, Mathis

I hope we can sign him...But this move that the Colts are at least looking at another DE/OLB tells me they are still thinking of trading Freeney either during the draft or soon before. They are just waiting to get the right offer, which could still be made by the Bears, Pats, or Dolphins.

We would still be fine without Freeney since we would have Mathis, Hughes, hopefully Wheeler, and then either Lawson or another rookie.

Lawson fits nicely, and that's one fewer draft need. But only on very, very modest contract. Like, two years, $4 million.

I hope we can sign him...But this move that the Colts are at least looking at another DE/OLB tells me they are still thinking of trading Freeney either during the draft or soon before. They are just waiting to get the right offer, which could still be made by the Bears, Pats, or Dolphins.

We would still be fine without Freeney since we would have Mathis, Hughes, hopefully Wheeler, and then either Lawson or another rookie.

Completely agree with you, or looking at the roster they don't have much depth at outside linebacker. I won't trade freeney for no less then a 3rd.

I won't trade Freeney for anything less than the 31st pick (wink) I know I know

Lawson fits nicely, and that's one fewer draft need. But only on very, very modest contract. Like, two years, $4 million.

I like Lawson NOW that would be cooking with fire & our new DC coached him :yes:

This would be a solid pick-up, hopefully we can get a deal done. And I agree, its good to finally be involved in free agency, un-like our past years!

Glad were getting some free agents and got rid of that silly cover 2 and getting rid of undersized linemen

Manny Lawson is a great, extremely fast, good tackling player, and he has experience in a 3-4. He would be a nice fit, but I'm happy with our linebackers. I'm happy to see that the Colts are starting to look at players in the FA, because a lot of our players are departing.

Remember...these kind of leaks come from the player's agent. It is in the Agent's best (financial) interest to have teams believing that several teams are interested in their players.

Manny Lawson is a great, extremely fast, good tackling player, and he has experience in a 3-4. He would be a nice fit, but I'm happy with our linebackers. I'm happy to see that the Colts are starting to look at players in the FA, because a lot of our players are departing.

I agree, the one thing that worries me though is the influx of LBs we might have if we continue to sign more. I guess however if we don't draft any LBs it really doesn't matter how many we bring in via FA. I'm still eagerly waiting to see who they bring in at NT and CB (unless they see something in A.J @ NT :wall: ). I do think with some adequate training players like Rucker and Thomas would make suitable back up CBs. The current coaches might be able to turn them into solid coverage players.

Hopefully the horrendous corner play we had last year was because of schemes although we do need another corner whos physical I think , but I cant wait to see the nose tackle they draft most of all, if your a colts fan I think you really should be looking to what we do in the rest of the draft and not our first pick. that pick is obvious enough, if I hear any other name other then Luck I think I'd pass out or go on a cussing rage the likes this world rarely seen before, well at least since I had the pleasure of watching the Reggie versus the Knicks days

Hopefully his ties to Manusky will help us land him.

Yeah, What are we gonna do with all these linebackers?

Probably try to figure out which ones best fit the rotation & plug some into ST. I suspect Mathis will pan out well, then Angerer. I'm not sure how Freeney will fair but I HOPE he's a beast. Then Conner, Wheeler (if retained), Mario Harvey (who has untapped hard hitting potential), Ernie Simms (speedster) & A.J Edds (played with Angerer @ Iowa) one will make a solid fourth, I'm assuming Conner, then the rest if kept will make solid backups and nice special teams players HOPEFULLY. I really want to see Mario Harvey get some action at least if kept.

But yes that is alot of LBs haha + think there might be a couple other unknowns listed on the roster @ LB.

I've seen Mario Harvey play many times and he is a tackling machine. Pretty good in coverage and also good in blitzing. I wouldnt be surprised to see him start this year, but I may be prejudiced. :player:

okay if we get manny lawson, are we plan on trading dwlight freeney, and if so we still got a NT and DE position to fill well i couldnt make my own forum due to being a new guy i believe if he still available in 3rd round we should pick up Derek Wolfe