Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yes it sounded very definitive. BUT... he's still not presenting it as sourced information. There is still a lot of "I believe" and none of "Sources are telling me" . This is the thing. I absolutely allow him to have his opinions and to make conjectures based on what he's hearing around the league. I still don't believe it until he says it's source with direct knowledge that's telling him this. Maybe I get proven wrong in 10 days... who knows...  
    • Listen to this clip, which starts a few seconds before the one you shared.     I don't remember him sounding as definitive about Herbert/Tua last season. He did say they'd both go high, and ultimately, they did. Tua to Miami was always the favorite pick, but there were some questions. His comment about Mac Jones sounds different to me.   He could be wrong, and again he kind of backed down a few days later. But "it will be Mac Jones" was a definitive sounding statement that he made, and then he went on to state some scenarios that could happen. It was still pretty strong sounding.
    • Just... take a step back and look what you are describing. "Not gonna blow teams away" ... "but it is possible to have success from the pocket". Just around the Senior Bowl I started warming up to Mac Jones and I thought he was the best QB at the Senior Bowl by some margin. I like him. I think he can be a Jimmy G/Kirk Cousins type in the right system. But you don't pay 3 first round picks + for that. You don't blow up your draft for 3 years in the future for "not gonna blow teams away" QB. You do that for a QB who you think has the chance to be special. I don't see Mac Jones in that light.     
    • I was coming back to add this to my other post about the 1999 draft and saw yours and figured I would post it here instead. Had we made that * Mike Ditka think we were going to take Ricky Williams at #4 we could have had all of the Saints 6 picks in the '99 draft and a 1st and 3rd in 2000. The Saints made that trade to Washington instead at #5 and they indeed used several of those picks and moved up to #7 and took Champ Bailey. I imagine we could have done the same thing and still got Edge. If I recall Polian said he wouldn't have done that trade even if offered because he didn't  want to have to pay that many draft picks 
    • That's the thing... even if they absolutely loved Mac Jones. NOONE else seems to love him. Why give up so much to do that trade? If you are worried for the Lions or Panthers... just do the trade that Miami did to no. 6 to secure him.    Also, about Schefter. I want you to go back and look at how he's framing it. He's not presenting it as a sourced information. This is NOT a report from Schefter.    Here's Schefter from April 6th:   "I think... I believe... I believe"... there is no mention of sourced information anywhere.   Here's Schefter last year at about the same time: https://247sports.com/Article/Adam-Schefter-NFL-Draft-2020-no-surprise-Justin-Herbert-ahead-of-Tua-Tagovailoa-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Oregon-Ducks--146037580/   He thought Miami was going to pick Justin Herbert 2 weeks before the draft. Unless those people have a source with direct information ... I will just choose to not believe them. IMO about a day or two before the draft there is likely to be a true leak(like the Baker Mayfield leak) when the owners get involved in final approvement of the pick and they decide to tell their relatives and someone leaks it. Until then, IMO unless explicitly stated by a reliable reporter(Schefter would count as one... just... right now he's conjecturing, not sourcing his guesses), I would choose to believe they know nothing and are just guessing. 
  • Members