Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teams have claypool at TE ahead of Kmet

I liked Kmet when watching him but PFF drew some attention on a worrying part of his game - he doesn't beat man coverage at all. He has some of the lowest yards per route run against man coverage in the draft. I don't know what to do with that information, but I'm considering re-watching several of his games to see if it's THAT noticeable.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I liked Kmet when watching him but PFF drew some attention on a worrying part of his game - he doesn't beat man coverage at all. He has some of the lowest yards per route run against man coverage in the draft. I don't know what to do with that information, but I'm considering re-watching several of his games to see if it's THAT noticeable.

Would require a very close rewatch, probably with coaches film. My initial reaction is to put that on the QB.

I have wondered the same thing. If Claypool isn't really a blocker, how would that make him any different than the TE we just got rid of? With his size and speed he would be a downfield mismatch nightmare from the TE position.

9 minutes ago, Hark said:

I have wondered the same thing. If Claypool isn't really a blocker, how would that make him any different than the TE we just got rid of? With his size and speed he would be a downfield mismatch nightmare from the TE position.

I actually think we want the same exact type of TE as the one we just got rid of (but actually consistently does what we brought him in to do). We have Doyle to block. Franky likes the two complimentary TE concepts.

14 minutes ago, Hark said:

If Ebron wasn't a diva and had better hands he would be the highest paid TE in the league currently.

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I think he lacks football experience compared to most, a late starter.  Might need more polish.

Archived