Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared's final mock draft for 2020

This is the final mock draft for 2020. I will be trying to predict what will happen without trades (as they are hard to guess).

Enjoy!

Round 2a.) Ezra Cleveland, OT- A bit of a surprise to some, we grab Anthony Constanzo's replacement at 34 and get some much needed depth at the Tackle position. He can also start if needed.

Round 2b.) Michael Pittman, WR- Great size and overall solid potential, Pittman is the perfect compliment to Hilton and Campbell. 

Round 3.) Adam Troutman, TE- IMO, the 2nd best TE in this draft class. Along with Pittman, would give us a group of weapons to be feared.

Round 4.) Akim Robertson, CB- Very good sleeper CB that's rising up boards, could start as early as 2021.

Round 5.) Terrell Lewis, EDGE- He's failed some medicals by some teams, and Ballard had interest from what I heard, so I could see him falling  here.

Round 6a.) Benito Jones, DT- Taking him again. Quality depth DT that is the perfect Ballard guy.

Round 6b.) Alohi Gilman, S- Special teams ace with great athleticism and leadership. All you can ask for with a late pick. Good safety depth.

Thanks for reading and please comment below with any agreements or disagreements.

Good job!

I want a QB to develop.  .... but would be happy with theses picks

Lewis will probably slide, but could be an awesome situational pass rusher for us

I hadn’t heard about Akim before, he looks to not be the Colts type at 30.5 inch arms and 5’8” height. 

22 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Good job!

I want a QB to develop.  .... but would be happy with theses picks

Lewis will probably slide, but could be an awesome situational pass rusher for us

I hadn’t heard about Akim before, he looks to not be the Colts type at 30.5 inch arms and 5’8” height. 

Yeah, Robertson is short and his arms are a little shorter. That's why I have him round 4.

Best one I've seen.

Typically to get an OT, we would need to invest a 1st.  So using our near 1st round pick on the position that typically requires a first round investment makes sense. 

Cleveland can even start for Smith who can move to G and push Glow to the bench.  So its not like our near first round OT would have to wait on the bench for AC to retire.  

The WR position is deep enough to wait until the mid second.

And with Doyle and MAC, we only need a 3rd round TE to work into the offense with patience.

I like it... good value everywhere. I'm not sure Ballard would draft a developmental OT who will likely sit first year or two... but I like it. You get some good players early and some bargains late. Amik Robertson has some injury red flags from what I've heard(hip? if I'm not mistaken) and he doesn't really fit the length component Ballard seems to be big on, but again - he's a good player if not for those two issues.

Archived