Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

15 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

Cherilus was at best serviceable for a year or 2. And Mewhort was a decent guard, but yeah. Those were dark days. Wasn't there even a guy who got benched after having an emotional break down and started crying in the middle of a game. I want to say Khaled Holmes maybe.

That was Hugh Thornton. Not quite what happened, but yeah he never worked out either.

45 minutes ago, Superman said:

Jeff Linkenbach, Kyle DeVan, Mike McGlynn, Winston Justice, Johnathan Harrison, the ghost of Gosder Cherilus, a misadventure with Mewhort at RT, etc., etc. 

And we had Bruce Arians and Pep Hamilton calling plays for some of these people...

The bolded would be a great member name. 

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Best suited for the run game which makes sense since we want to be a run first team.  All we need is another quality RB in this draft to get it done.  Hopefully a big in between the tackles inside runner. 

I was wondering if they would pull the trigger on D'Andre Swift if he was still available in 2nd round? Or Dobbins perhaps?

29 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I was wondering if they would pull the trigger on D'Andre Swift if he was still available in 2nd round? Or Dobbins perhaps?

I would they would for Swift since he was one of around 27 players who actually received a 1st Rd grade.  Taylor and Dobbins received high grades as well and have received mocks putting them in the 1st and 2nd rd. 

I am really starting to pull back on where I think we might go in the draft . I was leaning towards 2 receivers and a tight end with our 1st three picks.  I also thought DT if a stud was sitting there.  I have a feeling he may go trenches with 2 of our 1st 3 picks. 

12 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

This is insane. Glow may be our "weak link" but he's not bad. He's still good. He just happens to be on a line otherwise filled with top 35 picks. That's an insane amount of draft capital. Being the weak link on a line like this is like being the poorest billionaire. Not really something to complain about.

Right Glow is the kind of guy you upgrade if you don’t have as many needs as the Colts have.  He’s the weak link and yes other teams attack him but fans also watch for him to get attacked and pounce on it while they make excuses for other guys when they get beat because they like them.  The Colts know what they have in their line.  It’s the best unit on this roster and what they are building around.  They aren’t going to mess that chemistry up lightly.  Chemistry is probably more important to the oline unit than any other unit in football and there is no promise a rookie is going to be better and could very well upset that chemistry.  

I do expect a couple of linemen to get taken this weekend, namely because the Colts have zero depth on the line.  I don’t think they are going to draft any olinemen this weekend and expect them to be a starter in 2020.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am really starting to pull back on where I think we might go in the draft . I was leaning towards 2 receivers and a tight end with our 1st three picks.  I also thought DT if a stud was sitting there.  I have a feeling he may go trenches with 2 of our 1st 3 picks. 

Don’t rule out out another edge player.  They have never really replaced Sheard and Houston is going into the last year of his deal and isn’t getting any younger.  There is a chance a couple of edge guys could slip to 34.  It wouldn’t shock me if they do Ballard that Ballard takes one.

4 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I doubt it.  I honestly think the stable of backs the Colts have is pretty good.  Maybe that’s just me though.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Don’t rule out out another edge player.  They have never really replaced Sheard and Houston is going into the last year of his deal and isn’t getting any younger.  There is a chance a couple of edge guys could slip to 34.  It wouldn’t shock me if they do Ballard that Ballard takes one.

Yea.......I am really confused now...hahaha.  I guess I really have to start listening to Ballard.  Mayb he goes RT and switches Smith to Guard and takes another DT, which I wouldn't mind. I give up.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yea.......I am really confused now...hahaha.  I guess I really have to start listening to Ballard.  Mayb he goes RT and switches Smith to Guard and takes another DT, which I wouldn't mind. I give up.

That’s thing none of us know.  As I said in another thread we are all trying to read tea leaves that are often misleading on purpose this time of year.