Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hmmm. I'd rather have Gordon or Fromm, but if Ballard picks him I'm all in.

Still like Eason in 2; think we may be being gaslighted on him. Can't believe he isn't as promising as drew lock was last year or even Herbert this year.

• Like 1

Not understanding what  they see in james morgan. He is in accurate. Receivers  come back to catch his deep ball. Atleast Fromm hits them in stride. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Gigc said:

Hmmm. I'd rather have Gordon or Fromm, but if Ballard picks him I'm all in.

Still like Eason in 2; think we may be being gaslighted on him. Can't believe he isn't as promising as drew lock was last year or even Herbert this year.

I agree.  I wouldn't mind Gordon in one of the mid rounds.  I'm still not overly sold on Love, especially as an early to mid first round pick.  I'm intrigued by Eason as well.

13 minutes ago, coltsfanmurf said:

I agree.  I wouldn't mind Gordon in one of the mid rounds.  I'm still not overly sold on Love, especially as an early to mid first round pick.  I'm intrigued by Eason as well.

Eason scares me. Particularly  if the rumors  about work ethic  and entitlement  are true. He does have probably  best arm in the draft.

Watched some more tape on him including a breakdown. He was compared to Ryan Fitzpatrick, which I can totally see. His biggest issue is that he makes a lot of throws off his back foot, which will be problematic at the next level. However he has a cannon arm, and without being super athletic, he can extend plays. Also has some moments of insane ball placement.

I guess I’m alone on this thing. I really like him. 4th round is great, I’m okay with 3rd round pick on him. Everyone needs to chill. They obviously like him. 

I know smokescreens are a thing, but everyone said that the Colts were going over Rivers and there was no smokescreens on that. Everyone nailed it. Everyone is taking about the Colts really liking Morgan and interviewing him. I think it is best not to overthink this. Colts are gonna take Morgan. 

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Watched some more tape on him including a breakdown. He was compared to Ryan Fitzpatrick, which I can totally see. His biggest issue is that he makes a lot of throws off his back foot, which will be problematic at the next level. However he has a cannon arm, and without being super athletic, he can extend plays. Also has some moments of insane ball placement.

Which quarterback? I know morgan makes alot of back foot passes, but his arm strength is  questionable 

2 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I guess I’m alone on this thing. I really like him. 4th round is great, I’m okay with 3rd round pick on him. Everyone needs to chill. They obviously like him. 

I know smokescreens are a thing, but everyone said that the Colts were going over Rivers and there was no smokescreens on that. Everyone nailed it. Everyone is taking about the Colts really liking Morgan and interviewing him. I think it is best not to overthink this. Colts are gonna take Morgan. 

Is he even better than Brissett?

13 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Eason scares me. Particularly  if the rumors  about work ethic  and entitlement  are true. He does have probably  best arm in the draft.

Maybe he's related to Jeff George...   :rock:

The thing I saw a few times with Morgan was he mad a few terrible decisions to still throw under heavy duress. The a couple of picks I think when he was just getting hammered.

Just now, Gigc said:

The thing I saw a few times with Morgan was he mad a few terrible decisions to still throw under heavy duress. The a couple of picks I think when he was just getting hammered.

He has to learn to stop throwing  off back foot and hit receivers  in stride. Honestly  would rather have Fromm. With him there is less to clean up and if you work on his throwing  mechanics  he will be able to throw the ball further.  He doesn't  have a canon, but niether did Peyton. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Have you looked at his completion percentage. It’s bad.

I have this terrible gut feeling Ballard is going to try and find a cheap late round guy to be the franchise. Just a bad feeling. QB is one thing he can’t be cheap about. If he doesn’t eventually take the leap he will never find the guy.

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

He has to learn to stop throwing  off back foot and hit receivers  in stride. Honestly  would rather have Fromm. With him there is less to clean up and if you work on his throwing  mechanics  he will be able to throw the ball further.  He doesn't  have a canon, but niether did Peyton. 

The more I hear about fromm he doesn’t throw with his hips. If that is the case that can be cleaned up and give him more strength in his arm.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have this terrible gut feeling Ballard is going to try and find a cheap late round guy to be the franchise. Just a bad feeling. QB is one thing he can’t be cheap about. If he doesn’t eventually take the leap he will never find the guy.

Ballard is not going to cheapskate anything. He’ll do what he needs to do to get the player he wants. Don’t believe any of the smokescreens right now. If the Colts have a QB in mind, they aren’t telling anyone. And it likely isn’t Morgan. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would not worry about it.  Ballard is a shrewd guy.  Even if he takes a guy like Morgan this year and nobody else that doesn't mean he has "settled" on him as the franchise going forward.  It may just mean he wasn't that impressed with this year's overall QB crop.  He could very well take another QB higher next year, make a trade for another guy, or sign a FA.  He has consistently espoused the need to bolster the QB position as he has likely learned from 2017 when Luck was out and they were flat-footed.  But taking a guy like Morgan doesn't mean he will stop trying to continually make this roster better regardless of position.  I believe he will keep all options open for consideration.

2 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I would not worry about it.  Ballard is a shrewd guy.  Even if he takes a guy like Morgan this year and nobody else that doesn't mean he has "settled" on him as the franchise going forward.  It may just mean he wasn't that impressed with this year's overall QB crop.  He could very well take another QB higher next year, make a trade for another guy, or sign a FA.  He has consistently espoused the need to bolster the QB position as he has likely learned from 2017 when Luck was out and they were flat-footed.  But taking a guy like Morgan doesn't mean he will stop trying to continually make this roster better regardless of position.  I believe he will keep all options open for consideration.

My main point if your going to take a QB mid or late round at least get one that has good traits that can be worked with like Gordon. Can’t wait until Thursday.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I definitely felt like he had a cannon when I watched.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The more I hear about fromm he doesn’t throw with his hips. If that is the case that can be cleaned up and give him more strength in his arm.

Yea he has a weird  throwing motion. I think  he can be a great starter if he cleans that up. He has good anticipation, accuracy,  and pocket presence.  Also good touch. His accuracy  will get better with improved  throwing mechanics 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I guess what confuses me is that a lot of people on here make every excuse under the sun for Jordan Love but no other QB in this class is allowed to have any excuses or be allowed to develop. 

probably cause one is a borderline 1st rounder the other is talked about as a 6th rounder might have just a lil something to do with that but idk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

We're not going to plan to start a guy we think is bad. Look at the good things Chad Kelly showed and they still didn't want to give him a chance. If they sign him it's because they think he can be developed into something great. If he's not great, he probably won't see the field unless injuries force our hand.

6 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

probably cause one is a borderline 1st rounder the other is talked about as a 6th rounder might have just a lil something to do with that but idk

You right, you right. haha. Hive mind mentality and all that.

9 hours ago, Lucky Wolf said:

A lot of stuff gonna be thrown out there during the next few days. Doesn't mean any of it is true.

So we haven’t heard anything about Fromm or Gordon. Maybe they are the targets lol. The colts may not be hot on the trail of Love because they don’t think he will be there.  Going to be a interesting first rd.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:34 PM, Chloe6124 said:

My main point if your going to take a QB mid or late round at least get one that has good traits that can be worked with like Gordon. Can’t wait until Thursday.

I would agree with that simply due to the fact that I'm a bit higher on Gordon than Morgan.  Then again, I haven't interviewed them, watched hours of game film, etc.  So whatever Ballard decides to do I'm on board.

On 4/22/2020 at 12:51 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

But Love isn’t unanimously a 1st rounder. He is a very polarizing pick. Everyone seems to say that 2019 didn’t matter. But he still

made horrible decisions and bad passes. He did throw all those picks. He did get busted for pot the week before his bowl game. If you are gonna trash a prospect like Morgan and say he looked horrible last year, then you have to do the same for Love. Reason why he is dropping. 

Also, Morgan had a much better 2018 and no one mentions that. If you are on the Love train it is because his potential and his big arm. He COULD BE the next Mahomes, but he COULD ALSO BE the next Jamarcus Russell.

It seems to me everyone is trashing every other QB because they only want Love. 

3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

But Love isn’t unanimously a 1st rounder. He is a very polarizing pick. Everyone seems to say that 2019 didn’t matter. But he still

made horrible decisions and bad passes. He did throw all those picks. He did get busted for pot the week before his bowl game. If you are gonna trash a prospect like Morgan and say he looked horrible last year, then you have to do the same for Love. Reason why he is dropping. 

Also, Morgan had a much better 2018 and no one mentions that. If you are on the Love train it is because his potential and his big arm. He COULD BE the next Mahomes, but he COULD ALSO BE the next Jamarcus Russell.

It seems to me everyone is trashing every other QB because they only want Love. 

I said borderline 1st rounder and even if he isn't he is still a 2md rounder Morgan is like a 5th or 6th round project. its gonna be this way every year til the end of time people like higher rated players no matter what