Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gronk traded to tampa

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

goooodness lol gronk back and traded. Brady on the Bucs.. ALL uniform changed. WTH are we going to be watching?! If we even have football..

We'll see.... NE turns nothing into a fourth round pick.  Nice.... I'd like to think Howard would be here if Ballard wanted him.

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What about a player for player trade. Hooker for Howard. That seems like a fair trade. Both first round picks who have not lived up to expectations. Both on their 4th year.

A win win trade that makes perfect sense.  Now that the Gronk trade has happened I wouldn't be surprised at all if this one happens.  

40 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We will have football the NFL cant afford to cancel the season.

The choice may not be the NFL’s to make alone.   

Are you ready for games without fans in stadiums?    What if the players vote “no” because they don’t want to get sick?  

This is not as black and white as it seems. 

55 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

freaking Evans, Goodwin, Howard, Gronk.. good luck saints

Goodwin is with the 49ers, it is Chris Godwin. :) 

Also, Cameron Brate is another red zone vulture the Bucs have. Howard is definitely on his way out.

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

If Howard was cheap...wouldn't NE have just requested him back in the trade? If that trade is any indication...then either NE doesn't value Howard as 4th round pick or TB wasn't willing to let him go for that.

They want to wait till the draft day to see what they can get. 

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The choice may not be the NFL’s to make alone.   

Are you ready for games without fans in stadiums?    What if the players vote “no” because they don’t want to get sick?  

This is not as black and white as it seems. 

Yeah, unless all the players can subject themselves to an antibody testing (assuming there is one that is reliable by that time), you cannot wave the green flag for resumption, even without fans. I do think that will become mandatory, the antibody testing, prior to any major league resuming games, IMO. 

I am ready for games without fans. Can they pipe in noise based on home team fans being mic'ed up from home? This would be legal piping of noise if they can pull it off. j/k :)  - something like this? 

http://www.heynen.com/get-audio-feeds-from-different-remote-locations/

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Goodwin is with the 49ers, it is Chris Godwin. :) 

Also, Cameron Brate is another red zone vulture the Bucs have. Howard is definitely on his way out.

They want to wait till the draft day to see what they can get. 

Yeah...I think they can definitely think they can get a 3rd for him. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, unless all the players can subject themselves to an antibody testing (assuming there is one that is reliable by that time), you cannot wave the green flag for resumption, even without fans. I do think that will become mandatory, the antibody testing, prior to any major league resuming games, IMO. 

I am ready for games without fans. Can they pipe in noise based on home team fans being mic'ed up from home? This would be legal piping of noise if they can pull it off. j/k :)  - something like this? 

I think I read on NFL.com that at the owners meeting about 4-6 weeks ago,  they voted that all 32 teams must operate under the same conditions if the season is saved.

Well...    here in California, where there are three teams,  the Governor is already saying that he doesn't see games in stadiums in any sport, or concerts, or any large gatherings until sometime in 2021.

So, if stadiums are empty here,  they will be empty everywhere if the owners are to be believed.    And the players seem pretty adiment about testing and protection.   There are roughly 100 people inside a locker-room.   Then 22 on the field at all times not counting refs.

This is going to get complex if a season is to be saved....    Not saying it's not doable...   only that it might not be as simple and straight forward as some might believe....

4 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Yeah...I think they can definitely think they can get a 3rd for him. 

A 3?    For Howard?

I'd be stunned.    I'm thinking a Day 3 pick.   Yes, it could be a 4, but I think that's the best offer they'll get.     JMO.

21 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

If Howard was cheap...wouldn't NE have just requested him back in the trade? If that trade is any indication...then either NE doesn't value Howard as 4th round pick or TB wasn't willing to let him go for that.

When you think about it the Pats had to cough up an additional 7th rd pick to help them get a 4th rd pick for Gronk a 31 year old TE who took a year off because he was beat up and constantly hurting and getting injured.  This looks like it is about appeasing Brady with an old TE security blanket he feels comfortable having around.  My guess is they value Howard much higher than a 4th rd pick.  

27 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It’s just too soon to predict what will happen even 60 days from now. But Logically, the way the models are constantly changing to suggest the virus is far more widespread, the death rate is lower, and the herd immunity is likely already occurring....... I can definitely see football this year. *Without fans? Sure. The game has evolved into a tv sport for most of us. They can pull it off in empty stadiums. I’ll watch and so will most everyone else. 

*Testing the players? Sure. The tests will be simple, quick and readily available by then. They will be able to test all participants weekly and again just before game time. 

*Will the players participate? Darn right. The odds of getting sick will be greatly minimized. And the alternative is a drastic drop in income for players who already have a short shelf life in the NFL. 

I’m not advocating for any risky action here. I just believe that the virus will run it’s course this year ; drugs will be developed to cure the ill for next year’s Season;  and a vaccine will be available much sooner than normal because of the all out investment in the effort. And thus, the NFL will go forward with caution and common sense. And without fans. For now. 

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Jets games would be so annoying.... -_-

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So, if stadiums are empty here,  they will be empty everywhere if the owners are to be believed.    

Yes, competitive balance for one.  Economic balance for another.  Every state with an NFL team must lift all physical/social distancing requirements to even think of having fans attend games. The logistics/issues of having fans with Covid-19 restrictions in place is too much to overcome IE: seating amount and spacing distance, walk up ticket line spacing, spacing at lines to enter stadium gates, concessions lines, rest room lines, etc...)

19 hours ago, richard pallo said:

My guess is they value Howard much higher than a 4th rd pick.  

I heard the asking price is a 2nd round draft pick. Not any current player.  Could take awhile before his future is resolved.

Archived