Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady Cited For Violating City Order

HOZER

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

Now imagine if the NFL asks him to turn over his cellphone again. Tampa isn't going to tolerate Tom breaking it.

When he saw the officer walking his direction his instant reaction was probably to “accidentally “ drop it and stomp on it.:funny:

You need to change the title, the article states that he was "sighted" not "cited".  He was working out alone in a closed park.  

I dislike Brady as much as any Colts fan but he did nothing wrong, he was not with other people, he was not doing anything other than working out in a park.

27 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You need to change the title, the article states that he was "sighted" not "cited".  He was working out alone in a closed park.  

I dislike Brady as much as any Colts fan but he did nothing wrong, he was not with other people, he was not doing anything other than working out in a park.

Quit being so serious. I think all the comments were just in fun. 

Besides, he WAS doing something wrong. The parks are closed and he was there. 

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Quit being so serious. I think all the comments were just in fun. 

Besides, he WAS doing something wrong. The parks are closed and he was there. 

The comments were hilarious.  One was a correction from the article itself (originally the article said "cited" and the other was in response to Brady acting like he is above the law.

And if he was doing anything wrong, they would have cited him.  Park was closed, they asked him to leave so he left.  I'm not sure about the parks in Tampa, but where I live it's easy to access parks from many different areas... one of my favorite walking trails goes through about 1/4 mile of a park but the trail itself is not part of the park.

43 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Well if you read the bottom, it says the article was updated, obviously after I created this thread. The original clearly said he was cited. And as someone else stated, park was closed, he is not above the law.

CORRECTION: This story and headline have been updated to specify that Tom Brady was sighted, not "cited," working out in a closed Tampa park. He was not given a citation, according to a Buccaneers spokesman and the City of Tampa.

And who knows, he probably was “cited” but then the mayor put the fix in, can’t be having your new hero Qb get negative press!!! Tom gets away once again!!!:cheers:

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Well if you read the bottom, it says the article was updated, obviously after I created this thread. The original clearly said he was cited.

CORRECTION: This story and headline have been updated to specify that Tom Brady was sighted, not "cited," working out in a closed Tampa park. He was not given a citation, according to a Buccaneers spokesman and the City of Tampa.

And who knows, he probably was “cited” but then the mayor put the fix in, can’t be having your new hero Qb get negative press!!! Tom gets away once again!!!:cheers:

That is why in the post above that one was a correction from the article itself.

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

12 people who dislike Brady so far, including you and Gramz since you both felt compelled to read it when title clearly stated what it was about?

tenor.gif

Oh man,   you totally got me.   I've been got guys.   

A man alone in a park.   BREAKING NEWS

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Oh man,   you totally got me.   I've been got guys.   

A man alone in a park.   BREAKING NEWS

It’s news, kind of funny I thought... Oh and you forgot to add, “a guy alone in a park that is closed due to a pandemic but thinks The rules don’t apply to him.”

Sorry you’re having a bad day my friend, I still love you, :hug:

26 minutes ago, HOZER said:

It’s news, kind of funny I thought... Oh and you forgot to add, “a guy alone in a park that is closed due to a pandemic but thinks The rules don’t apply to him.”

Sorry you’re having a bad day my friend, I still love you, :hug:

I'm not having a bad day at all.  I find it disturbing that 14th ammendment rights are being taken away from us.  I'm not talking about restaurants and bars, but open spaces owned by tax payers.    It's ridiculous in some states

And I love you as well bud 

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not having a bad day at all.  I find it disturbing that 14th ammendment rights are being taken away from us.  I'm not talking about restaurants and bars, but open spaces owned by tax payers.    It's ridiculous in some states

It's a strange world right now.

Makes us appreciate so many normal things we took for granted, and now realizing just how special those normal things are.  Can't see the kids or grandkids, all our music gigs gone for the foreseeable future, and I thought I hated grocery shopping before...yikes! what an ordeal that has become! :headspin:

27 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It is. I hope the DOJ starts cracking down on it. Being outside in a park where social distancing can happen is just fine. Sunshine gives you better immunity.  Our country is going down the tubes real fast. 

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It is. I hope the DOJ starts cracking down on it. Being outside in a park where social distancing can happen is just fine. Sunshine gives you better immunity.  Our country is going down the tubes real fast. 

We can still go to our parks and walk, which we do quite often. But I'm really missing family gatherings, and singing in the clubs. Those times are gone for a while.

10 minutes ago, Gramz said:

We can still go to our parks and walk, which we do quite often. But I'm really missing family gatherings, and singing in the clubs. Those times are gone for a while.

Here in Indiana the parks are open. But in some states they are closing parks and trails. A father in CO was cited for playing baseball in a open park with his daughter.  They are doing things that have nothing to do with the virus. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here in Indiana the parks are open. But in some states they are closing parks and trails. A father in CO was cited for playing baseball in a open park with his daughter.  They are doing things that have nothing to do with the virus. 

Yes!  Btw I agree with your earlier comment, getting out and getting fresh air and exercise is so important right now, on so many levels.

11 hours ago, Gramz said:

Same here. I miss being with family, friends, and colleagues. My family had plans to travel to Georgia and then to Florida this summer for my nephew's graduation and then my uncle's 40th wedding anniversary. Both have been postponed. Limits on my freedom are getting to me, but I am thankful to be healthy and safe.

Thank goodness for the parks because they are open and I can walk there and relax by the pond.

Since the parks are open where you are, can you play your music in the parks? Or is that not allowed? 

Now, we all get a laugh at Tom Brady. That is something we can still do at this time. haha

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Not only 14th, but 1st Amendment.  And worse, we have all just rolled over and allowed the govt. to decide who is and who is not essential.

But that is all I will say on that.

People have been flocking to parks and trails.

I find them unsafe these days and choose less traveled routes.

People should also keep in mind that forcing the police to deal with you puts them at risk as well.

Two babies born in my extended family this week.  I think the hardest thing of all is not being able to lay hands on those little ones.

The more people voluntarily cooperate with stomping down on this virus, the sooner we'll be able to be connected to each other again. It is hard but, we are #InThisTogether

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Same here. I miss being with family, friends, and colleagues. My family had plans to travel to Georgia and then to Florida this summer for my nephew's graduation and then my uncle's 40th wedding anniversary. Both have been postponed. Limits on my freedom are getting to me, but I am thankful to be healthy and safe.

Thank goodness for the parks because they are open and I can walk there and relax by the pond.

Since the parks are open where you are, can you play your music in the parks? Or is that not allowed? 

Now, we all get a laugh at Tom Brady. That is something we can still do at this time. haha

We have a few tentative outdoor gigs right now..  The one in May was cancelled,  we'll see how June and July play out.  All indoors gigs are cancelled until further notice.

We also had a family vacation scheduled for first week of June, all the kids, and grandkids.  More than likely will be postponed.  Right now waiting on decision from the timeshare.   Sigh.

We also have two very nice areas within walking distance from our home, with ponds that are so nice to walk up to and around.   Lately they've been getting a little more crowded so I've just been walking my neighborhood.   Cannot wait to have all this behind us.

2 hours ago, Nadine said:

People have been flocking to parks and trails.

I find them unsafe these days and choose less traveled routes.

People should also keep in mind that forcing the police to deal with you puts them at risk as well.

Two babies born in my extended family this week.  I think the hardest thing of all is not being able to lay hands on those little ones.

The more people voluntarily cooperate with stomping down on this virus, the sooner we'll be able to be connected to each other again. It is hard but, we are #InThisTogether

Yes, I bet you're dying to see those new babies!   Thank goodness for today's technology, you can still see photos.

I've not left my house in a month, other than to get groceries, and take daily walks.  I miss everyone, but am hopeful that my family all make it through unscathed.  I'm really irritated with all the protesting going on...  folks don't realize this will undoubtedly backfire and prolong our stay at home orders.     

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Yes, I bet you're dying to see those new babies!   Thank goodness for today's technology, you can still see photos.

I've not left my house in a month, other than to get groceries, and take daily walks.  I miss everyone, but am hopeful that my family all make it through unscathed.  I'm really irritated with all the protesting going on...  folks don't realize this will undoubtedly backfire and prolong our stay at home orders.     

There is nothing like a new baby smell and the way newborns are still all folded up. It's like a drug holding them.  :)

On the upside, they get their parents entirely to themselves and the parents will have plenty to do.

Every birthday, every holiday, every missed bbq makes me sad. Can't shop together for that new dining room table and on and on and on.

Sometimes, it gives me a very bad day but so far, I've rebounded after a good nights sleep.

I guess I would understand the protestors if I felt like the governors and mayors were not being transparent with us.  I feel that they are.  I'm impressed with their leadership and awed by their responsibility for our health and well being and that of our families, our neighbors, our friends.

I think most of us are doing the best we can do and some of us need to do better.

Archived