Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wilson on the trade block?

CR91

20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I've mentioned this before. It would honestly not surprise me

Maybe I'm reading into it - but check is Twitter:  https://twitter.com/dc_wilson954

In the recent past he's retweeted Stephon Diggs "They show fake love and be hating lowkey...", tweeted "Been about it since a youngin, u can see it in my eyes... ain't nothing changed, I just wanna ball" with a few broken lock icons next to it (to me that signals he may be wanting to break free?)... tweeted "the real know the deal lol".. retweeted S. Diggs "in trouble waters I learn how to float!!"... tweeted "these ugly days are for the better days"... "better days ahead" ... "I want more for myself, can't blame me" ... retweeted "this generation isn't built on loyalty, it's built on attention".... retweeted 'serious question: how'd you go from locking Kelce up, to being a healthy scratch? That isn't normal.".. "back against the wall, just how I like it."

Those tweets have all come within the past month.  I could be wrong, but seems like a lot of them have to do with loyalty, wanting a new start (better days ahead), etc..  

Maybe he's been told he's on the trading block?  

He was totally inactive on twitter from Sept 8, 2018 through Dec 31, 2019.  He's been a lot more active since mid-Feb...  and a lot of the tweets are similar to those above.  It could just be boredom from not being able to do usual things due to covid, too, I guess.

Trade him for what?  

The only hope is that some team who rated him high prior to the draft still has interest and is willing to take a chance.  They're certainly not going to base it on his Colts film

Players do turn their careers around with the right coaching and different environments, but it's a crap shoot.

Maybe a 6 or 7?

52 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Trade him for what?  

The only hope is that some team who rated him high prior to the draft still has interest and is willing to take a chance.  They're certainly not going to base it on his Colts film

Players do turn their careers around with the right coaching and different environments, but it's a crap shoot.

Maybe a 6 or 7?

he could be packaged in a move up type deal. for example, Wilson and number 44 for 31? random numbers of course.

7 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I doubt he has much trade value?

probably not, but it might be enough if one is looking to trade up a few spots, depending on the round and such

With Wilson's struggles, I wouldn't think that he would fetch more than a 5th rounder at this point, if even that.  

IMO, the players who are expendable if the right deal came along are Wilson, Brissett, and Hooker.  Its a classic case where a change of scenery might serve each of them well.

38 minutes ago, csmopar said:

he could be packaged in a move up type deal. for example, Wilson and number 44 for 31? random numbers of course.

probably not, but it might be enough if one is looking to trade up a few spots, depending on the round and such

All good points and possibilities.  All it takes is one GM out of 32 and I remember Mike Mayock loved him at the time we drafted him.  I think Breer definitely knows something.  

25 minutes ago, DougDew said:

With Wilson's struggles, I wouldn't think that he would fetch more than a 5th rounder at this point, if even that.  

IMO, the players who are expendable if the right deal came along are Wilson, Brissett, and Hooker.  Its a classic case where a change of scenery might serve each of them well.

I hope Ballard can get a 5th out of Wilson.

24 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

don’t know the guy

5'9'' 185 lb. WR  former 3rd rd pick of the Bills.  Age 29.  Two years left on his contract.  One of the four players Lynch said they would be willing to trade.  He has come close to trading him but still has not found the right deal.  Maybe this is it.  

20 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

5'9'' 185 lb. WR  former 3rd rd pick of the Bills.  Age 29.  Two years left on his contract.  One of the four players Lynch said they would be willing to trade.  He has come close to trading him but still has not found the right deal.  Maybe this is it.  

I meant the guy on twitter lol if he was a good source...but good info on Goodwin

Unfortunately, we all seen how this story ends when said Team announces said player is available thru trade!  Said Player will be released because every Team know's said Team will release said Player eventually.  It's a dumb move to make this statement public and even dumber to expect a team to even make an offer when you basically just said we don't like this guy on our team.  QW will be cut.

On 4/21/2020 at 5:43 PM, NewColtsFan said:

More than likely, he won’t.

Expect a 6 or 7, if he’s not traded for Goodwin. 

I'm thinking Wilson and a string of beads for a first . Maybe too optimist ?

If that doesn't happen , I'm predicting he'll be traded in the fall for a conditional 2021 6th. No one will give up a pick in this year's draft for him. Take it to the bank.

Physically Wilson has everything it takes to play in the NFL. It seems he has a lack of confidence and possibly a mental complex that is holding him back. I wish the best for him and I really wanted him to be a good Colt, but I think he came out of college early and he wasn't completely prepared to be a professional. Maybe a career restart is what he really needs. He will get a chance some where.

Archived