Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he is still there at the NE and NO pick and they pass on him that’s a easy trade up to get that 5th year option if they actually want him. I wish we knew what ballard actually thinks of him. We will probably never know. We will just hear I told you we wouldn’t force a QB. I’d love falls that far that also means most people have a second rd or later grade on him.

I think when Ballard says he won't "force a QB", it means he won't trade up for one, not take one he doesn't like altogether. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think when Ballard says he won't "force a QB", it means he won't trade up for one, not take one he doesn't like altogether. 

Trading up has nothing to do with forcing a QB. It is not taking them earlier then their value. JL could drop to the end of the first and they trade up because that is where they value him.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Trading up has nothing to do with forcing a QB. It is not taking them earlier then their value. JL could drop to the end of the first and they trade up because that is where they value him.

Not forcing a qb could mean not taking a qb unless they fall to a specific spot on the teams board. Trading up to the end of the 1st would be an exception because of the 5th year option.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Colts fans would flip out if they took Love.

No not all because the jags would destroy any chance of Love being successful.  He needs a strong coaching staff and organization. He won't find that with the Jags, they r a disaster. If they get the #1 pick next year and I was Lawrence, I wouldn't go. They r a dumpster fire.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not forcing a qb could mean not taking a qb unless they fall to a specific spot on the teams board. Trading up to the end of the 1st would be an exception because of the 5th year option.

Isn’t that what I said. All it means is not taking them before their value. If you have a  early second round grade it’s probably smart to move back into the late first for a QB.  

Isn’t that what I said. All it means is not taking them before their value. If you have a  early second round grade it’s probably smart to move back into the late first for a QB.  

Then we are in agreement. Touche! :lol:

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

:agree:

• Thanks 1

No one is mentioning the Cowboys. Maybe they shock the world and draft say a Love or Tua if the chance presents itself. I really dont beleive they r all in on Dak.  There is still a lot of hesitation on their end. Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No one is mentioning the Cowboys. Maybe they shock the world and draft say a Love or Tua if the chance presents itself. I really dont beleive they r all in on Dak.  There is still a lot of hesitation on their end. Just a thought.

Yeah, I can see that be thought of. 

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oh your right because Dak only has the franchise tag and they have a new coach.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Oh your right because Dak only has the franchise tag and they have a new coach.

IMO that would be a very good move for the Cowboys if they are not all in on Dak. 

• Like 1

Colts have a player in mind if they fall. Who that might be, we may never know depending how far that player falls. I’m sure Ballard has contacted a few teams in the mid twenties, just in case this player is there. Could be love or an offensive tackle imo. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

John Clayton is on JMV he says he thinks Love will fall to bottom of first.

So based on this, how would everyone feel if we moved up with picks 34 and 75 to trade with Seattle for Love? I think it's worth it for a potential franchise qb.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So based on this, how would everyone feel if we moved up with picks 34 and 75 to trade with Seattle for Love? I think it's worth it for a potential franchise qb.

A small price to pay, for a “potential” franchise QB. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

BOb lol. What is he going to trade to get back in the first.

Watson of course lol

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yes all day 

• Like 1

Packers are looking to move up. That is actually another perfect spot for Love with Rogers getting older. They need a WR too.

I think they trade up for OT 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he is still there at the NE and NO pick and they pass on him that’s a easy trade up to get that 5th year option if they actually want him. I wish we knew what ballard actually thinks of him. We will probably never know. We will just hear I told you we wouldn’t force a QB. I’d love falls that far that also means most people have a second rd or later grade on him.

If NE passes on him that could be a warning flag.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If NE passes on him that could be a warning flag.

From what I have seen they like Stidham. Plus they have no second round pick so I just don’t see QB.

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

BOb lol. What is he going to trade to get back in the first.

It's probably the back of the 1st.  They trade a future pick.  This years picks are much more valuable considering the uncertainty of the college football season.

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It's Jordan Love.  The next Mahomes.   A QB needy team doesn't pass on Jordan Love.  Especially BB.  He drafts a QB every other year. 

With no second round pick I don’t see it. They lost a lot in FA and need a WR.

This is my mock draft.

Jordan Love (QB)
Jalen Hurts (QB)
Jonathan Taylor (RB)
D'andre Swift (RB)

FYI, I am not serious. The last names on those jerseys would be a riot on the sideline though.

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

According to Rotoworld they have pick 40.

The Rams have pick 40. Houston had it because the trade with AZ for Hopkins and  Trade it to the rams for Cook.