Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft week is upon us! You know what that means. Last minute smoke screens, rumors, hot takes, etc... I honestly love this time as a bunch of info gets fired out constantly. Figured I’d make a topic for everyone to post what they’re hearing. I’ll start it off

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

They just got Ford and Alexander last offseason lol. 

Cap issues. They just paid Armstead and Jimmy G eats up a lot of cap too. Gotta be able to sign players down the road too.

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'd trade 44 for Dee Ford. What say you?

Pass

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Seems like a lot of teams want to move back. 

I figure the top guys are Burrow, Simmons, Okudah, and Brown. Once those guys are gone I wonder if people are really that excited to get one of the top 4 OT’s, one of the receivers, etc...

Plus a lot of these teams have multiple needs. I see 3-4 trades happening in the top 15.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

Jags want the 12th but the Raiders are offering the 19th.  Mayock would be doing the AFC South a solid.  Ultimately the Jags best option will be the 19th.

Colts fans would flip out if they took Love.

It would not shock me if the jags took a QB. But I’d they only end up with the one first round pick I doubt that’s what they would do. They lost a lot on defense this off season.

36 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Colts fans would flip out if they took Love.

I would be devastated that he ends up in our division. Not because they took him but we will have a reminder twice a year what we passed on when we traded that 13th pick.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would be devastated that he ends up in our division. Not because they took him but we will have a reminder twice a year what we passed on when we traded that 23th pick.

Jags oline would ruin any QB they ever get anyway. 

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

Jags oline would ruin any QB they ever get anyway. 

With a guy like Love that could cover up some oline problems. This would hurt so bad. Seeing them get the future while all we have is a 38 yo QB. I hope that doesn’t happen.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I would be ok with that.

Tua will be big bust

I agree, Tua is made of glass and they can have the laid back piano man (Herbert) as well. I think Injuries will get the best of Tua and Herbert will be average at best. 2 best QB's in this draft IMO are Burrow and Love. My wildcard who I think can be a very good NFL QB, if not great is Anthony Gordon.

• Like 2
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, Tua is made of glass and they can have the laid back piano man (Herbert) as well. I think Injuries will get the best of Tua and Herbert will be average at best. 2 best QB's in this draft IMO are Burrow and Love. My wildcard who I think can be a very good NFL QB, if not great is Anthony Gordon.

I think a steal could be Luton.

Really all Ballard needs to do is call up Bill O'Brien and by the time Cinci is on the clock we'll have a 2022 first rounder and 2020 fourth rounder in exchange for Mark Glowinski and a pack of designer dust masks.

Remember on Die Hard when Hans says, "You ask for a miracle, I give you the F...B...I" ???

Well Bill O'Brien is the proverbial F...B...I.  

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You must be my older twin with this quote. :) Completely agree!

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BluHorzhu said:

Really all Ballard needs to do is call up Bill O'Brien and by the time Cinci is on the clock we'll have a 2022 first rounder and 2020 fourth rounder in exchange for Mark Glowinski and a pack of designer dust masks.

Remember on Die Hard when Hans says, "You ask for a miracle, I give you the F...B...I" ???

Well Bill O'Brien is the proverbial F...B...I.  

Or we can wait until he and Watson don’t get along.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tua will sell tickets for at least a couple seasons over Herbert imho. 

Just now, Jdubu said:

Tua will sell tickets for at least a couple seasons over Herbert imho. 

If he can stay on the field. I agree with you if plays like 13 or 14 games. His injuries scare me though. It will be interesting to see who Miami takes at #5.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You must be my older twin with this quote. :) Completely agree!

Spider Man Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If he can stay on the field. I agree with you if plays like 13 or 14 games. His injuries scare me though. It will be interesting to see who Miami takes at #5.

I think they trade up to 3 take OT then Tua at 18

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Agree. His name alone selected will get season tix holders excited and new ones added. Will he play right away remains to be seen as well and if so, does he stay healthy? If he plays and does enough, you will get those extended ST holders and new ones added for 2 years in a row. Always a crap shoot. 

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

Agree. His name alone selected will get season tix holders excited and new ones added. Will he play right away remains to be seen as well and if so, does he stay healthy? If he plays and does enough, you will get those extended ST holders and new ones added for 2 years in a row. Always a crap shoot. 

It is sad he has had so many injuries because his talent is off the charts. Leg and hip injuries aren't good though.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That's fantastic if Love slips to 25 on

If he is still there at the NE and NO pick and they pass on him that’s a easy trade up to get that 5th year option if they actually want him. I wish we knew what ballard actually thinks of him. We will probably never know. We will just hear I told you we wouldn’t force a QB. I’d love falls that far that also means most people have a second rd or later grade on him.