Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR Laviska Shenault 6'5/8" 227 lbs Colorado

If he is available Rounds 4 and later, yes. Just not Day 2, with all the needs we have, can't risk a pick on a player's rehab at our expense. Btw, he is 6'1", 227 lbs.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/laviska-shenaultjr.?id=32195348-4545-8893-4e8b-5724302de088

Hakeem Butler, he was highly touted here and on so many sites, went Round 4, pick 1, he was 6'5", 227 lbs. I think Laviska could have a similar outcome. 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

If he is available Rounds 4 and later, yes. Just not Day 2, with all the needs we have, can't risk a pick on a player's rehab at our expense. Btw, he is 6'1", 227 lbs.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/laviska-shenaultjr.?id=32195348-4545-8893-4e8b-5724302de088

Hakeem Butler, he was highly touted here and on so many sites, went Round 4, pick 1, he was 6'5", 227 lbs. I think Laviska could have a similar outcome. 

I liked Butler much better than Laviska this year. :dunno:

I don't think Shenault falls that far though. Still can't believe Butler fell that much. Too bad he got injured. I thought he can be great in the league. Let's see what he does next year.

What do you guys think of Quintez Cephus for our system? I feel he is versatile enough to play inside and outside and fights for the ball real well. He is a possession guy, no matter where you play him at but is the kind of guy who will give you key first downs by fighting for the ball.

Round 4 seems about right?

Cephus is a player that I really like in 4th rd or later.  Both Ohio St cbs (Okudah, Arnette) said he was the toughest WR they faced (over the Clemson guys etc...).

He is not a blazer, but thought he would run a 4.55-4.60 at the combine.  Instead he ran a slow 4.73 at the combine but came back with a 4.56 at his pro day.  I know pro day times can't always be trusted but that seems more in line with his game day speed.

First of all, I am not a fan of Shenault at all. He has poor separation on most routes because he doesn't run great routes and he doesn't have the speed to match it. He is more of an imposing athlete, not a player. Sure, when he has the ball in his hands, he'll be fine, but that wouldn't happen often as he would be covered so tightly, unable to separate.

With that being said, he is going round 2, not as a late rounder. I would value him around the 4th round, but he will go much higher than that and therefore it's a hard pass from me. He is currently my WR12 on my big boards, and has been steadily dropping over the past few months. He's a guy I'm staying away from.

Archived