Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deano's Mock

Ok….  I swore I would never do another mock draft…..

I was 99.9% incorrect on my last one from last year…. But, what the heck

Pick 34

Isaiah Wilson – OT GA

Note: Wilson played RT at Georgia, but after watching him play (especially the LSU/GA game) I think he can be groomed to be a LT of the future.

As he develops, he can be a very valuable backup to both Guard and Tackle position. Today we have no solid depth. He could fill many roles

Pick 44

Trevon Diggs – CB AL

Why a CB? Trevon Diggs is nearly the PERFECT size / speed ratio to play in the Colts scheme.

He is a willing tackler, has long arms and great ball skills.

Pick 75

Chase Claypool – WR - ND

There are many that believe that we should go WR in round two.  As this is said to be an extremely deep draft in WRs, I believe that we can find an immediate contributor. Claypool is exactly what the DR ordered as a tall, fast receiver on the outside that Phillip Rivers plays well with

(If Chase is gone, either Pittman, or Bryan Edwards could still be available, and fit this needed role)

Remember the quote from CB that says that the media obsesses about the WR position, while he obsesses over the state of the lines

Pick 122

Anthony Gordon – QB – WSU

Anthony Gordon is a slender QB, that will need time to develop, physcally and mentally.

But you cant teach the amazing quick release, and great short to intermediate accuracy

In 1 to 2 years, you will see Gordon doing some amazing things IMHO

Pick 160

Shane Limieux – G – Oregon

Much needed roadgrader Guard for depth or replacement of Glowinski

I do think we need to go after Trey Burton to bolster the TE spot

We are also a bit light on LDE, which we should bring back Sheard, or go after Clowney

OK......  hit me with your best shots  :)

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Pick 34

Isaiah Wilson – OT GA

Note: Wilson played RT at Georgia, but after watching him play (especially the LSU/GA game) I think he can be groomed to be a LT of the future.

As he develops, he can be a very valuable backup to both Guard and Tackle position. Today we have no solid depth. He could fill many roles

Pick 44

Trevon Diggs – CB AL

Why a CB? Trevon Diggs is nearly the PERFECT size / speed ratio to play in the Colts scheme.

Pick 75

Chase Claypool – WR - ND

There are many that believe that we should go WR in round two.  As this is said to be an extremely deep draft in WRs, I believe that we can find an immediate contributor. Claypool is exactly what the DR ordered as a tall, fast receiver on the outside that Phillip Rivers plays well with

(If Chase is gone, either Pittman, or Bryan Edwards could still be available, and fit this needed role)

Remember the quote from CB that says that the media obsesses about the WR position, while he obsesses over the state of the lines

Pick 122

Anthony Gordon is a slender QB, that will need time to develop, physcally and mentally.

But you cant teach the amazing quick release, and great short to intermediate accuracy

Pick 160

We are also a bit light on LDE, which we should bring back Sheard, or go after Clowney

I don’t see Wilson in anyone’s top-50 much less pick 34.    I see him mostly locked at the top of R3.

Diggs is fine at 44, but I doubt he lasts that long.

Claypool is mostly mocked in R2.   Some in R3, but before our pick 75.

I like Gordon in the 4th round, but I doubt he’s doing amazing things in 2-3 years.   He’d likely first be our backup.  And if he ever becomes a starter he’ll likely have the same growing pains and learning curve that most quarterbacks go thru. 

I've heard Wilson getting some Rd 1 talk actually. I don't necessarily think he'll go that high, but I have heard it thrown around on podcasts/mocks (admittedly, I'm not sure which ones - I listen to STF, Locked On/Draft Dudes, Move the Sticks, and The Draft Analysts along with some Colts-centric pods)

I like it quite a bit but I question whether Claypool would be there that late. Also think there will be a better tackle prospect there but I’d prefer to not use our first pick at a position of such strength for us. If we did draft one that high I’d want to play him at RT and move Smith to RG. 

I put on here somewhere the other day that Wilson id really the only player I would pick at 34 if he's there. The only reason Wilson played right tackle at Georgia is Andrew Thomas played left tackle. Diggs is ok, Claypoole moved up a lot of draft boards when he ran the 40 at the combine. Throckmorton would be a better 5th round pick. No way I take a qb in this years draft. Akeem Davis-Gaither the lb from Appalachian St is my pick in the 4th round. All in all very good mock.

4 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

I've heard Wilson getting some Rd 1 talk actually. I don't necessarily think he'll go that high, but I have heard it thrown around on podcasts/mocks (admittedly, I'm not sure which ones - I listen to STF, Locked On/Draft Dudes, Move the Sticks, and The Draft Analysts along with some Colts-centric pods)

I have seen early to mid 2nd on him, from some of the mocks, but as NCF pointed out, some people like him early 3rd

I like Wilson, because of the possible LT future options , he is a versatile guy who could play guard this year while he develops if someone is hurt

He can maul a DL player, he is a huge strong guy

He did well against some speed rushers in the SEC, and that what makes me think he could be groomed for LT... 

Austin is the versatile other guy I liked as well, but see him going end of first

1 hour ago, funktacious2 said:

I'd be pretty happy with it if Claypool actually lasted that long. I also think we need a TE.

I see Claypool mocked all over the place,

mid 2nd to mid 3rd

As I mentioned Pittman or Bryan Edwards would be Almost equal  choices as well, if Claypool is gone...

I bet one of the three will be there

26 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I see Claypool mocked all over the place,

mid 2nd to mid 3rd

As I mentioned Pittman or Bryan Edwards would be Almost equal  choices as well, if Claypool is gone...

I bet one of the three will be there

Fair point, someone might fall I suppose

8 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Pick 34

Isaiah Wilson – OT GA

Pick 44

Trevon Diggs – CB AL

Pick 75

Chase Claypool – WR - ND

Pick 122

Pick 160

For what’s its worth, tonight on NFL Network, they held a mock first round draft with a bunch of media types making picks for the teams.

Kyle Brandt was the media guy l for Tennessee, and he had the Titans pick Wilson!   In the first round!

Both Jeremiah and Brooks called it the biggest surprise of the mock.   Both called him a Day 2 pick.   Again, just for what it’s worth....

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what’s its worth, tonight on NFL Network, they held a mock first round draft with a bunch of media types making picks for the teams.

Kyle Brandt was the media guy l for Tennessee, and he had the Titans pick Wilson!   In the first round!

Both Jeremiah and Brooks called it the biggest surprise of the mock.   Both called him a Day 2 pick.   Again, just for what it’s worth....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/20/nfl-mock-draft-2020-justin-herbert-tua-tagovailoa-fmia-peter-king/

Peter King likes him as well

I think he will be a good pro, but we will see.

Always a fun week........

Im hoping to improve my AWESOME mock draft accuracy from .002% to 1%.   :)

EDIT...... I wonder if it’s the same mock NCF...

Archived