Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think his history is with our OL coach.    I don’t think it’s with the OC.  Where would Adams and Sirianni have crossed paths?

As for Adams...   he was terrible at the Combine.   A huge disappointment.   Wasn’t clear if he was out of shape or still dealing with injuries?   It’s not clear if he will ever return to form?   He may need a redshirt year at a minimum. 

I used to really like him, but those injuries have really taken a toll on him. It was kind of sad watching him struggle at the combine too. He used to be a nimble good athlete and now he was laboring through the different tests and drills so bad.

Might be worth a shot late in the draft and an attempt to get him in better shape and see if anything can be done for him to regain some of his athleticism.

He was once a top 5 OT in college before the injuries started piling up. Could be a steal in the 5th or 6th round IF he can stay healthy. Give him a year or two with the strength/conditioning coaches backing up Castanzo & Smith. Could possibly be one of their replacements when needed. 

No thanks... for me it’s the same deal as with Tua.... he’s a medical scratch off my Draft Day wish list.

Don’t we have enough injuries to deal with just with our own rostered veterans every year?

What’s the use in bringing in guys with this accumulation of injuries before they’ve even taken a single NFL snap?

23 hours ago, jchandler7 said:

He was once a top 5 OT in college before the injuries started piling up. Could be a steal in the 5th or 6th round IF he can stay healthy. Give him a year or two with the strength/conditioning coaches backing up Castanzo & Smith. Could possibly be one of their replacements when needed. 

I’d be ok with using a 5th rounder on a guy who was once valued that high. The knee is one thing and I feel that is pretty recoverable. The disc though does provide a level of concern that he could have limits in strength and durability over the years. Giving him a year to develop and gain strength wouldn’t upset me though and a 5th round pick is where you take on gambles anyway. Could he be any worse than Clark? If he poses as much potential as what Clark has provided to date, I’d see it as a positive risk. 

1 minute ago, pacolts56 said:

No thanks... for me it’s the same deal as with Tua.... he’s a medical scratch off my Draft Day wish list.

Don’t we have enough injuries to deal with just with our own rostered veterans every year?

What’s the use in bringing in guys with this accumulation of injuries before they’ve even taken a single NFL snap?

Are you saying if Tua fell to the 4th round, you wouldn’t take a risk? 

2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Are you saying if Tua fell to the 4th round, you wouldn’t take a risk? 

Yes.... when I feel that a prospect has a very high probability of chronic injury or re-injury I scratch him from the board.

And that especially applies to the QB position. 

1 hour ago, pacolts56 said:

Yes.... when I feel that a prospect has a very high probability of chronic injury or re-injury I scratch him from the board.

And that especially applies to the QB position. 

I’d take Tua 100 times out of 100 if he fell to the 4th rd. Unless there is something in the files that show he can’t be 100% because of his injuries, I’d definitely take a flier on him. Heck, people are willing to risk a top 10 and possibly 5 on a guy that is extremely mixed on his path to success in both Herbert and Love. To say you take him off the board completely because of injury concerns might be a bit overkill. I can see being cautious in first round picks but after that, idk. 

2 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I’d take Tua 100 times out of 100 if he fell to the 4th rd. Unless there is something in the files that show he can’t be 100% because of his injuries, I’d definitely take a flier on him. Heck, people are willing to risk a top 10 and possibly 5 on a guy that is extremely mixed on his path to success in both Herbert and Love. To say you take him off the board completely because of injury concerns might be a bit overkill. I can see being cautious in first round picks but after that, idk. 

Fair enough... we don’t have DETAILED access to his post-surgery medicals... but it has been reported that some teams have taken him off their boards.

That’s the basis for my opinion.

Him falling to the 4th round would only cement that.

Hey.... if I’m totally wrong about him in the long run then I’ll be happy for him! 

My concern is that if it didn’t pan out... we would have disrupted our path forward at QB with a known risk.

Getting back to the topic.....NO. Adams is a shadow of his former self. It wouldn’t shock me to see him have to make a roster as an UFA. Late rounder at best right now. I wish him the very best and hope he can recover. 

21 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Getting back to the topic.....NO. Adams is a shadow of his former self. It wouldn’t shock me to see him have to make a roster as an UFA. Late rounder at best right now. I wish him the very best and hope he can recover. 

This oughta be enough to tell us.....in a rather poignant way as Colts fans.... whether to bring this kid in or not.

Hats off to him for being honest! :hat:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/trey-adams-overcomes-major-injuries-with-his-last-uw-hurrah-in-mind/%3famp=1

33 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Fair enough... we don’t have DETAILED access to his post-surgery medicals... but it has been reported that some teams have taken him off their boards.

That’s the basis for my opinion.

Him falling to the 4th round would only cement that.

Hey.... if I’m totally wrong about him in the long run then I’ll be happy for him! 

My concern is that if it didn’t pan out... we would have disrupted our path forward at QB with a known risk.

We didn’t take Sweat because of the heart concern and teams passed up Simmons too because of injury. Both turned out ok. Never know about injuries and reoccurrence. 

I think the uncertainty about being able to really give him the check up would not make me have him on my first round board but I’d sure have to have him as a 34 pick and certainly with 44 based on the information that we’ve been fed. Teams definitely have more and there may still be uncertainty just based off not having hands on time but he has still been cleared with a physician that teams have signed off with. I see his risk, again based off this info, limited enough that I’d be ok if he slipped in the second.  

either way, I’m still of the belief that we don’t take a QB in this draft. I hold out hope that the team has a bit of faith that Kelly can be a guy they can work with after being groomed under Rivers for a year. Idk 

Archived