Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Owusu

Can Chris Osusu be an option for the Colts in the draft? It is rumored an NFL doctor stated that Owusu is healthy enough to play football again. Maybe the Colts could buy him a helmet similar to the type Clark and Collie have to reduce the pressure of collisions. He has chemistry with Luck in the passing game and the speed to be a deep threat. He does not have to start this year since the Colts have Collie, Wayne, and White. He could also be trained to go down like Marvin did when necessary.

I liked Owusu as a receiver and also as a kick returner. Dealing with concussions, it would limit his ability to be a returner because of the violent collissions involved. I think that he would be a good deep threat receiver, and could possibly go in the later rounds.

I just dont see him worth more than a low 6th rounder considering his injury history/lack of actual production.

If the Colts cant snag him towards the end of the draft or pick him up as a UFA then id say go get him though.

I've said all along that I wouldn't spend a pick on him. His last college play for those that weren't watching - which I presume is most of you seeing how it was against Oregon St. - wasn't just a concussion. It was one where he was out for close to ten minutes and had to be taken off the field on a stretcher. It was also the 3rd concussion he had in 4 weeks, all of which he was knocked out flat cold for. I feel bad for the kid, but he doesn't protect himself well and is one hit away from retirement.