Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible Colts Trade Target?

runthepost

9 hours ago, DougDew said:

Despite what people say, GMs draft for need.  Ballard does too.  It doesn't mean they will REACH for need, some do, it means they try to get a player at a needed position at the proper value.

I think that WR and TE are both an immediate need, and Ballard will draft at least one of each.

I think RB and FS are on the table since its been several years since our starters have been drafted and we know what we have there.  Neither are anything special, and could be replaced if the right player was there, meaning, they could be drafted this year as immediate competition or as a replacement for Mack or Hooker if/when neither is extended.  JMO.

I don't think that we trade for a vet S, unless its a real bargain.

I cant see adams either but sometimes it helps to humor people instead of disagreeing with everything.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The price for Jamal Adams can simply be called "Too expensive" and that's pretty much the end of that.  This isn't a funnel defense where your safety is the cornerstone of the DEF.  Safety value is depressed, as evidenced by guys like Eric Reid and Tre Boston being unemployed going into a season.  

Eric Berry is still a possibility, along with several draft options at both box and FS.  Any move for Adams would come after the draft, but I don't see it as necessary.  Besides, he's been with the Jets.  He's damaged goods LOL.

Archived