Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Funk's Final Mock (3.0)

Going to do one trade of which is the more realistic IF we did do one, IMO. We trade down from 44 with the Eagles and receive their 53rd and 103rd picks.

2a. Ezra Cleveland- OT-  LT of the future, could likely play RG or RT this season.

2b. Michael Pittman Jr.- WR- Gives us a guy with good size and solid speed for his size. At 6'4 he gives us a size option we haven't had at WR for a while. I'd be happy with Claypool here too if still available.

3a. Johnathan Greenard- DE- I think he'd definitely get snaps year one, with good potential for the future. Fills a need at depth on the outside of the d-line.

3b. Harrison Bryant- TE- He's still my favorite tight end aside from maybe Kmet and still projects on most rankings to go somewhere in the mid to late 3rd to possibly an early 4th.

4. Michael Ojemundia- CB- a solid corner with good size. We retooled a bit in free agency but we still need more decent bodies in there to help out in case our starters go out with injury and the competition is good.

5. John Hightower‐ WR- I think we definitely could take two Wrs in this draft, one early to have an impact early and the other to compete for a backup, ST role.

6a. Javon Leake- RB- definitely my favorite late round RB option. Looks to have some nice explosiveness. Kind of seems like a discount Marlon Mack type.

6b. Jeremiah Dinson- S- Just a solid safety from a big school. Just like corner mentioned above we need more bodies and depth to compete, but I'm mostly satisfied with Hooker and Willis as starters this season.

52 minutes ago, Lucky Wolf said:

I like it. We have a lot of similarities. My mocks usually end up looking like this one...

mock417.jpg

I definitely like it! Though I have my doubt that Harrison Byrant lasts that longs. That's why I had us nabbing him in the late 3rd.

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I'm down with those first 4 picks for sure.

Like I'm sure we all have, I've spent a lot of time thinking about what we still need the most and I think those 4 positions are it, especially with letting Sheard walk. We won't likely get an OT with great starting potential out of the 2nd round and we also need an upgrade at WR not just depth so we had to take one early too. Good TEs can be found in the 3rd and Greenard is a good option for a player who could see some rotational looks this year.

I like your mock. I do believe Pittman is one of the fastest  risers in the draft, and will go early in Day 2. If the Colts want him, they may have to forgo a trade at 44 and grab him there. Cleveland at 34 to groom as their future LT is a smart pick, one I increasingly believe will happen. 

Archived