Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The more I have thought about this, the more it is growing on me. Eason in the 2nd. We have all thought that Reich would want Love or Hurts because of the mobility but the way he beat the desk for Rivers (the most immobile QB in NFL) I have begun to think that mobility doesn’t matter. 

The knocks on Eason could be coached out and the immaturity could also be grown out of. His comp seems to be Rivers. Big frame, huge arm and a traditional QB. Draft Eason and sit him for 1-2 years behind Rivers. Let him really learn and mature. Then Let him and his cannon of an arm loose on NFL after Rivers retires. 

Thoughts?

On 4/17/2020 at 8:17 AM, CheezyColt said:

I really don't want Eason. His two biggest knocks that I've heard are that he's bad under pressure and that his work ethic isn't good. I don't care if he can chuck it hard, it just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I heard he has the entitlement  issues. I mean even Fromm neat him out.

Still like Gordon, I think he would benefit more behind other QBs. 4th round at that, he really only needs to beat Kelly out. He has the touch and arm to do what's needed. He's not good when plays break down. All his deficiencies can be coached out. 

Wouldn't want to spend a higher pick on a maybe.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:15 AM, Four2itus said:

I like Eason. I think he is going to make it in the NFL. 

You and I don't disagree on much Colts related but this is one of them.  Every time I watch Eason play, I get flashbacks of Jeff George... I very well could be wrong but he just seems to be the ideal QB but only from the shoulders down.  It's what is above the shoulders that makes me think he will not have a long NFL career.

15 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You and I don't disagree on much Colts related but this is one of them.  Every time I watch Eason play, I get flashbacks of Jeff George... I very well could be wrong but he just seems to be the ideal QB but only from the shoulders down.  It's what is above the shoulders that makes me think he will not have a long NFL career.

I think your comparison to JG is accurate....with one exception. They both are cocky, howitzer arm, and overconfident. However, I see Eason being a little smarter, and will figure it out before it't too late. Hey, I guy can hope, neh?

11 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I think your comparison to JG is accurate....with one exception. They both are cocky, howitzer arm, and overconfident. However, I see Eason being a little smarter, and will figure it out before it't too late. Hey, I guy can hope, neh?

I will say, if Eason can learn to make smart decisions under pressure (and not to that stupid spin and run to the left that he did just about every time he was pressured) he could be a very good QB.  I also think he's more athletic than most people give him credit.

5 minutes ago, joecolts said:

The more I watch and listen to CB and FR, the more I tend to believe we will not pursue a QB in this draft.  Just a feeling, nothing concrete.

That wouldn't make any sense at all our Future QB isn't on the team if they think Jacoby will save this team if Rivers stinks it up they got blinders on to the world cause he had his shot he blows end of story.

34 minutes ago, joecolts said:

The more I watch and listen to CB and FR, the more I tend to believe we will not pursue a QB in this draft.  Just a feeling, nothing concrete.

IMO all the 2020 QBs after Burrow (and a "healthy Tua") are rolls of the dice, so if I were going to roll those dice, I'd be more inclined to do it even later in the draft, like #193 or #197 on someone like Montez or Tiano, if either one's around then. Or Riley Neal, for that matter, since he's a local guy who's been mentioned with the Colts.

Then bring them in and see if they can win the QB3 spot. I think the Colts still have too many other needs to use a 2nd rounder (or 3rd) on a developmental QB who might not even make the roster.

15 hours ago, CelticColt said:

IMO all the 2020 QBs after Burrow (and a "healthy Tua") are rolls of the dice, so if I were going to roll those dice, I'd be more inclined to do it even later in the draft, like #193 or #197 on someone like Montez or Tiano, if either one's around then. Or Riley Neal, for that matter, since he's a local guy who's been mentioned with the Colts.

Then bring them in and see if they can win the QB3 spot. I think the Colts still have too many other needs to use a 2nd rounder (or 3rd) on a developmental QB who might not even make the roster.

Agreed. I think we're sticking to our draft board. So we're probably not taking a QB unless one falls nicely on our board. Which ultimately indicates to me that we won't be taking one because the one's with the most upside will probably be reached for by other teams.

Archived