Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst Mock I've Seen Yet

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2020/

For one, NO WR's were drafted for the Colts, which is like one of their top needs.  That's a red flag.  Two, they have them drafting a kicker in the 5th round.  I like some of the players they have like Jonathan Taylor, but with the addition of Buckner, do they really need to take Gallimore at #34?  I don't think so.  Then they go OG instead of OT in the 4th, the kicker in the 5th, then a S and LB in the 6th.  This draft stinks.

Anybody find a worse draft so far?

1 hour ago, Superfly said:

It is terrible, but I think Taylor would run wild behind the Colts line. 

I actually agree and wouldn't be surprised at all if they went that direction  Taylor and Mack would make me salivate.  But no WR?  A kicker?  No OT?  It's like they didn't even bother to look at team needs.  Maybe they just went BPA for all teams?  IDK but it is BAD.

I saw a guy named Klatt’s mock draft running across the scroll on Fox Sports.  I noticed that he had neither Herbert nor Love going in the 1st round.  Is that a worse draft or were you speaking only Colts specific?  Regardless, Ballard would faint from disbelief if that scenario happened.

16 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I saw a guy named Klatt’s mock draft running across the scroll on Fox Sports.  I noticed that he had neither Herbert nor Love going in the 1st round.  Is that a worse draft or were you speaking only Colts specific?  Regardless, Ballard would faint from disbelief if that scenario happened.

If Hebert were to slide into the 20’s I’d wonder if CB would take a look at trading up to get him? The for sure thing that will happen, players will be picked earlier than we thought and that will push others down that we were certain would be gone. Could be a QB or a CB or a WR, nobody knows until it happens. I think the team is in a great position though to get a really solid 1-3 players in this draft for sure. An All-pro like we got with Leonard, idk but I’d take a team of 11 solid players on one side playing together over 1 all-pro with 10 others playing meh. 

I thought I had made this point already,  but I guess it's worth saying again.....

The NFL draft is extraordinarily popular, so everyone and the mother does an on-line mock.  My mother has been gone for nearly 30 years,  and she is STILL putting out an annual mock!    Even Heaven likes getting clicks!  

The thing of it is,  most of the people doing these mocks, might as well be throwing darts at moving targets.   So, seeing bad mocks is not uncommon.    You have to be able to spot them.

You have to hae a skeptical eye.   If you're only going to say....   "Well,  it's possible..."    that's a pretty low standard.    Most anything is possible...   is it realistic?    Is it likely?   Or is it the longest of long shots?    

All mocks are not created equal.    Some are better than others,  and yes,  that means some are worse,  even much worse, than others....

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I thought I had made this point already,  but I guess it's worth saying again.....

The NFL draft is extraordinarily popular, so everyone and the mother does an on-line mock.  My mother has been gone for nearly 30 years,  and she is STILL putting out an annual mock!    Even Heaven likes getting clicks!  

The thing of it is,  most of the people doing these mocks, might as well be throwing darts at moving targets.   So, seeing bad mocks is not uncommon.    You have to be able to spot them.

You have to hae a skeptical eye.   If you're only going to say....   "Well,  it's possible..."    that's a pretty low standard.    Most anything is possible...   is it realistic?    Is it likely?   Or is it the longest of long shots?    

All mocks are not created equal.    Some are better than others,  and yes,  that means some are worse,  even much worse, than others....

Agreed but with that specific site though, they are especially bad. Like worse than Walter Football bad. Chad Reuter bad. 

But it usually has to do with the fact is that based on the staff, most sites only have acute knowledge on a handful of teams. They have no idea of most team needs, GM drafting tendencies, scheme fits, etc...

I trust very few sites/people I take credibly

Other than a kicker this is as solid a mock as any others I've seen.  Adding Gallimore would be a good rotation behind Buckner.

I think Runyan would be an improvement over Haeg and he can play four positions along the line.

I'm not a fan of Eason or a kicker but I've seen mocks that had other QBs of whome, I'm not a fan.

Taylor would become a beast behind the Colts line and it would allow the Colts to not overspend for Mack next year.

Sullivan is a better replacement for Ebron than T. Moss.

Richie Grant is one of those high character, high production guys like Adams or Speed that Ballard seems to draft every year in the later rounds.

As far as guesses go, this one seems as good as any other guess I've seen out there.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agreed but with that specific site though, they are especially bad. Like worse than Walter Football bad. Chad Reuter bad. 

But it usually has to do with the fact is that based on the staff, most sites only have acute knowledge on a handful of teams. They have no idea of most team needs, GM drafting tendencies, scheme fits, etc...

I trust very few sites/people I take credibly

Walter Football?  They have two of the highest rated drafters in recent years.

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Do they really? I could’ve swore I read something where Silva was the highest. If you have a link to the rankings chart I’d be interested ?

11 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't know how accurate their mock drafts are but I do know their scouting reports tend to be the most accurate, which is one of the reasons why I think a lot of people don't like them... people have their favorites and then Walterfootball scouting reports lists more negatives than other sites and states the fans' favorite 1st round candidate is a 4th round talent so they dismiss Walterfootball.

Here is one accuracy site I found.  https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/mock-drafts.php

Their methodology seems sound.

11 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Do they really? I could’ve swore I read something where Silva was the highest. If you have a link to the rankings chart I’d be interested ?

Silva was 3rd, which is still pretty high with Charlie Campbell and Walter Chrepinsky coming in 1st and 2nd from Walter Football.  This list is for 2019 only.  Somewhere there is a list that takes the last 5 years and averages it.  I think one of these guys comes up 1st in that as well.  Thanks to EastStreet for turning me on to this.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/mock-drafts.php

4 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I just clicked the link and the first three picks were Mims, Lewis and Hurts.

Well that's a LOT better than what they had.  Looks like they just updated it this morning @ 07:20.  Somebody must have given them the raspberries and they got serious.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't know how accurate their mock drafts are but I do know their scouting reports tend to be the most accurate, which is one of the reasons why I think a lot of people don't like them... people have their favorites and then Walterfootball scouting reports lists more negatives than other sites and states the fans' favorite 1st round candidate is a 4th round talent so they dismiss Walterfootball.

Here is one accuracy site I found.  https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/mock-drafts.php

Their methodology seems sound.

Walter Football likes to do ranges for a player...unless they are a lock.

I have long been a fan of that site. It’s basically a clearing house for scouting information and prospect rankings...which is a ton of research I don’t have to do.

And they start mocking and ranking 1-2 years out...so you get to know who some of these guys are early on...as well as follow the rise or fall of highly touted prospects.

Only issue is that damn site...you would think with the increased popularity...that they would invest in a new format that is more aesthetically pleasing, loads faster, is more user-friendly with less obtrusive ads.

As shastamasta pointed out, they have updated their draft this morning.  Here is the new Colts mock from them, and it does look better overall at the top half.

2a) Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

2b) Terrell Lewis, OLB, Alabama

3) Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma

4) John Runyan, OG, Michigan

5) Dominik Eberle, K, Utah State

6a) Javon Leake, RB, Maryland

6b) Jordan Mack, OLB, Virginia

6c) Zach Shackleford, C, Texas (trade from NY Jets)

34 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I have long been a fan of that site. It’s basically a clearing house for scouting information and prospect rankings...which is a ton of research I don’t have to do.

And they start mocking and ranking 1-2 years out...so you get to know who some of these guys are early on...as well as follow the rise or fall of highly touted prospects.

Only issue is that damn site...you would think with the increased popularity...that they would invest in a new format that is more aesthetically pleasing, loads faster, is more user-friendly with less obtrusive ads.

Yeah that site is a nightmare to navigate. So slow and so many ads. 

34 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

As shastamasta pointed out, they have updated their draft this morning.  Here is the new Colts mock from them, and it does look better overall at the top half.

Ha!

So it was the kicker we were checking out at Utah State.

3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Yeah, I think Walterfootball just wants to do scouting reports but they do mocks because it's expected and it sounds like they have a lot of contacts within organizations so they probably start to get some pretty good information about who some teams are targeting.

And yeah, their website still has a 1990s feel to it.

17 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yeah, I think Walterfootball just wants to do scouting reports but they do mocks because it's expected and it sounds like they have a lot of contacts within organizations so they probably start to get some pretty good information about who some teams are targeting.

And yeah, their website still has a 1990s feel to it.

Yeah the site is definitely slow, and I have a slower computer which really doesn't help.  But there IS some good info there if you can wait for it to load.  They already have a mock out for 2021 if you're interested in looking ahead.

NFLcom Chad Reuter's latest 7 round mock has us taking these guys....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109774/article/chad-reuter-sevenround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-round-1

#34 - Jeff Gladney CB

#44 - Harrison Bryant TE

#75 - Jake Fromm  QB

#122 - Van Jefferson WR

#160 - Tyler Bass - K

#193 - Ashtyn Davis - S

#197 - Devin Duvernay - WR

What's with the kickers all of a sudden? 

This is one of the more toilet-worthy mock drafts I've seen. :thmdown:

On 4/15/2020 at 9:12 PM, AZColt11 said:

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2020/

For one, NO WR's were drafted for the Colts, which is like one of their top needs.  That's a red flag.  Two, they have them drafting a kicker in the 5th round.  I like some of the players they have like Jonathan Taylor, but with the addition of Buckner, do they really need to take Gallimore at #34?  I don't think so.  Then they go OG instead of OT in the 4th, the kicker in the 5th, then a S and LB in the 6th.  This draft stinks.

Anybody find a worse draft so far?

Yea that's pretty bad.  But worst?  I don't know, I've seen some pretty bad ones on this site 

On 4/17/2020 at 11:31 AM, AZColt11 said:

13 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

NFLcom Chad Reuter's latest 7 round mock has us taking these guys....

#34 - Jeff Gladney CB

#44 - Harrison Bryant TE

#75 - Jake Fromm  QB

#122 - Van Jefferson WR

#160 - Tyler Bass - K

#193 - Ashtyn Davis - S

#197 - Devin Duvernay - WR

What's with the kickers all of a sudden? 

Especially round 5?

13 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

This is one of the more toilet-worthy mock drafts I've seen. :thmdown:

Here's what I found for the Colts at Chris Landry football-

2 (34). CB Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn
2 (44). WR Michael Pittman, USC –
3 (75). EDGE Terrell Lewis, Alabama
4 (122). QB Jacob Eason, Washington
5 (160). CB Lavert Hill, Michigan
6 (193). TE Charlie Taumoepeau, Portland State
6 (197). DL Broderick Washington, Texas Tech

9 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

Yea that's pretty bad.  But worst?  I don't know, I've seen some pretty bad ones on this site 

I don't know if you saw the one I had or not but they have since updated it a few days ago.  It's better than it was.  I should have listed the whole draft they originally had but I wasn't thinking they'd update it.  But it was total crap.  No WR?  But we NEED that kicker in the 5th round?  Really?  The new one makes more sense.   But the old one was one of the worst I'd seen.  I was shocked.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:36 PM, Superfly said:

It is terrible, but I think Taylor would run wild behind the Colts line. 

On 4/15/2020 at 10:50 PM, AZColt11 said:

I actually agree and wouldn't be surprised at all if they went that direction  Taylor and Mack would make me salivate.  

Well there it is!  The beast is alive!  It's ALIVE!

On 4/18/2020 at 10:55 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Here's what I found for the Colts at Chris Landry football-

2 (34). CB Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn
2 (44). WR Michael Pittman, USC –
3 (75). EDGE Terrell Lewis, Alabama
4 (122). QB Jacob Eason, Washington
5 (160). CB Lavert Hill, Michigan
6 (193). TE Charlie Taumoepeau, Portland State
6 (197). DL Broderick Washington, Texas Tech

Chris got Pittman right, but Noah went in round 1 and a receiver run was in progress, so...  Interesting to see how the rest goes.

Archived