Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mel Kiper’s Mock Draft 4.0 Has the Colts Selecting Baylor WR Denzel Mims, Washington QB Jacob Eason

I don't feel that Eason is a "Colts" fit.  Everything that I have read and seen doesn't speak of a Ballard player. But hey we will find out next week. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Is Eason really the type of QB the Colts would select? There aren’t exactly glowing reviews about his character.

Fromm is apparently lighting it up in interviews.  He had always been the guy who I see the Colts drafting if they do draft a qb

2 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

I like Mims but if we go after a QB, I'd rather see Anthony Gordon or Jalen Hurts. 

Hopefully,  not at pick 44.    They'd be WAY over-drafted....

Wanting them is one thing.   Taking them that early is something entirely different.

29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hopefully,  not at pick 44.    They'd be WAY over-drafted....

Wanting them is one thing.   Taking them that early is something entirely different.

Anthony Gordon is like the 10th ranked QB on some boards. He shouldn’t go until round  5.

10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Anthony Gordon is like the 10th ranked QB on some boards. He shouldn’t go until round  5.

I’m sure our board doesn’t look like most boards.    And it all depends on how much we like Gordon?  Maybe we like him in the 4th?   Hard to say.

But pick 44 for Gordon would be jaw-dropping and eye-popping.     Hurts may be another story.   I’m not a fan, but many others apparently are...

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m sure our board doesn’t look like most boards.    And it all depends on how much we like Gordon?  Maybe we like him in the 4th?   Hard to say.

But pick 44 for Gordon would be jaw-dropping and eye-popping.     Hurts may be another story.   I’m not a fan, but many others apparently are...

I would pull the trigger on Hurts at 44, but agree with you about waiting on Gordon until the 4th, maybe 5th round.

Eason might be Osweiler 2.0, so hard pass.

Fromm checks all the boxes except arm strength.  He seems to fit the mold of QB that Belichick can work with.  I bet the Patriots overdraft him and select him in the 1st.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Clem-Dog said:

I would pull the trigger on Hurts at 44, but agree with you about waiting on Gordon until the 4th, maybe 5th round.

Eason might be Osweiler 2.0, so hard pass.

Fromm checks all the boxes except arm strength.  He seems to fit the mold of QB that Belichick can work with.  I bet the Patriots overdraft him and select him in the 1st.

Fromm would struggle playing outdoors in poor elements for half the games.  Eason has the arm to maybe play in those conditions. Don’t be shocked if Belichick goes with Hurts based off of a recommendation from Saban.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Like I said, he got injured. I'll buy one year, but even then his (Matthews) attempts were low to start the year, and that was coming off a 1000+ year. What is interesting, is that his attempts only increased to norm levels (balance) after he came back from the injury and his AVG was much better too. Sirianni as a coach (not an assistance or staff) spent most of his time at LA/SD. I agree Reich has had more, but LA/SD still is the majority. I don't see him like Pederson, or others. I don't even see him like Wisenhunt. Agreed. I also wonder how much impact he has on the D side. I've mentioned in another thread, that Eberflus came from more aggressive teams on D. 
    • Probably. And being a D1 QB, he’s likely getting laid well too 
    • Its not a blame.  It understanding there is a cohesive philosophy.  There is the here and now, and then there is where we want to be.   My point is that over the course of the past two seasons. there have been rumblings about Reich not being a great HC, notably pointing to play calling.  In that context, the comments are usually in the environment of Reich not being the offensive mind we thought, not being a good play caller, no innovation.  As if its a deficiency on his part, that he wishes he could call better plays, but just can't see them due to some blindness.  And some blindness is holding us back from where we should be.   I think he calls the plays by choice.  I think he wants to be conservative.  I think he feels that's the best chance for the team to succeed, and those are the best plays to call given the talents of the players he has to work with at the moment.  To the extent Ballard is in this conversation, I think Ballard agrees. There is no tension, no different look.   I don't think that calling different plays will succeed.  I don't think having another play caller...unless its someone on the team....is going to work any better.   You can call for Hines on a jet sweep, but it will probably get the same two yards as calling Hines up the middle....because that's who we are right now and Reich (or Ballard) can't really change that at the moment.    KC plays a much different style than BALT.  Tenn plays different than both.  They don't have the ability to change up how they win when their primary system isn't working.  Only NE could do that.
    • Ryan Matthews played six games in 2014; after that it was Branden Oliver and Donald Brown. Melvin Gordon was a rookie, and not very effective, in 2015. Reich was gone after that. Chicken or egg... but they didn't have productive backs in either of Reich's two seasons as the play caller.   I don't see Reich or Sirianni as products of Whisenhunt. Reich in particular has been with a bunch of different offensive coaches, with varied offensive philosophies. Tom Moore, Whisenhunt, Pederson... there's some overlap in areas, but those guys are all very different. He was with Whisenhunt for a year in AZ as well, but then he played in multiple systems also.    I'm not sure what Reich's offense is meant to be. Again, it's hard to know with all the turnover at the most important position. But I don't think he's done a good job of stamping his identity on the team. Particularly on his side of the ball.
    • Hopefully Rivers and Pinter are getting some work in.
  • Members

• Redbull

Redbull 4

• Caleb3502

Caleb3502 599

• chad72

chad72 13,148

• Balzer40

Balzer40 4,233

• danlhart87

danlhart87 4,156

• DougDew