Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where were you when the Colts came back to beat the Patriots in the 2006?

NannyMcafee

Senior year in high school. At my wife’s (girlfriend at the time) house. Everyone else went to bed and gave up, believing that once again it was over. 

But we knew better, and in our hearts knew this was finally our time. She stayed with me until the end, cheering and probably louder than I was when Marlin made that interception! That’s when I knew she was the one. Nearly 14 years later here we are with two amazing kids and a great life. 

I was watching it after coming back from my mother-in-law's (my wife's stepmom) funeral. It was a good escape from the proceedings for me, though may not have been the case for the entire family since my wife cares little about football. The first half added to the solemn atmosphere, but the second half comeback was uplifting for so many reasons.

Before the final Joseph Addai TD in the 2006 season AFCCG, on the 3rd and 2, I went to the restroom, unable to watch, after all those playoff failures. Similarly, before the C.J.Anderson TD vs the Panthers to clinch that 2015 season SB, I went to the bathroom again, remembering 2006 AFCCG, yeah I am superstitious. :) 

Both results worked in favor for my favorite guy Peyton Manning. For some reason, I felt more endeared to him than Andrew Luck or any other Colts player since him. 

I was at my girlfriend at the time's aunt and uncle's house with some friends, one of which is a HUGE Pats fan. The nonstop trash-talk most of the game was as expected and it started getting more and more sparse as the game got closer.

Marlin Jackson intercepts Brady and I just stood up and stared at him, no words. He knew. It was like watching someone's soul leave their body. Just completely dumbfounded.

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

What a great memory! Shout out to @coltsfeva for reminding me of our history. Had to do a google search of the game. 

Enjoy Colts fans!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2018/8/1/17633246/where-were-you-when-the-colts-came-back-to-beat-the-patriots-in-the-2006-afc-championship

Where were you guys?

It was Jan 21 2007

I was at the RCA Dome:

gate 3

aisle 321

row 14

seat 7

Bagram, Afghanistan.  

side note: I no joke paid a guy 200 bucks so I could switch off days with him for the Super Bowl. Due to the time difference, I would’ve had to go to work right around half time of the SB. First Colts SB of my lifetime I just couldn’t miss it. I went to a coworker who wasn’t in to sports and said name your price! 

I was sitting in my dorm room in Chattanooga Tennessee. I was wearing the same Colts shirt, pants and would drink out of my iced Colts mug. All of this was the same from the first playoff game on (didn’t wash the pants or the shirt). Haha

When Marlin intercepted the pass, I got up and ran out of my dorm room yelling and screaming. Haha. Great memories. 

I remember at 1/2 time I walked out on the concourse level, outside the dome to have a smoke and I was mad, but so calm. Didn't know why, but the sky was purple and orange from the lights and the pillowing smoke from the stacks in Indy. I had this eerie feeling we were going to win and turned out it happened. Of course, I had no idea about the Our time junk that was going on with the players and Dungy, but I kind of thought the same thing.

Section 318, seat 11

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I wanted to beat the crowd to get us a beer before halftime. Turned around to watch a play only to see Asante Samuals pick six right below me. Was not happy.

Yea, I was not happy either, especially as manning shrugged his shoulders coming off the field. The non-challan Eli disguised as Peyton...Ha!! 

At a Barnes and Noble. When peyton threw the pick six to put us down 21-3 I was so besides myself I got in the car and ran away. 

Greatest victory in Indy Colt history and I was sulking and catching up on radio. Thank God I wasn't there when Reggie almost lost that catch. :)

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Dude, I was Section 318 seat 11... Wow!!

I was section 318, seat 11

Great times.. We probably high fived each other, I know the row in front and behind me were all high fiving and freaking out with each other.

One of my favorite memories was all our fans flooding the streets afterwards. That corner where the pointy church looking place is had a sea of blue at the corner I remember.... AND watching the Pats fans squirming back to their hotels.

39 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

At the game.  45 yard line, upper level.  Bet sporting event I ever witnessed live.  Went to the Super Bowl 2 weeks later and that was awesome - but not like beating the Pats.

Many fans and media have said it, but that game truly was our Super Bowl in a way. 

I was in the living room watching it on TV in Albany NY.

My Buddy, who it a Pats fan called me late in the 2nd half and said come down and watch it at the bar. I said no I'm good. ( Jerk) 

Later, after the game had ended, I called him to see if he was still out partying. He  said"no I'm going home" like a 6 year old who wasn't allowed to play with the big kids. 

I was there sitting in nosebleeds, last-minute decision to go to the game with a friend. I just looked all over my house for my ticket stub, I still have it somewhere. We were sitting among a large amount of patriots fans and the harassment by their pompous fans was getting pretty bad when we were down, but when we started mounting a comeback they all started to scatter like cockroaches it was hilarious!!! The biggest trash talker wouldn’t even look me in the eye as he scurried down the stairs and to the exit, LOL!!!!

17 hours ago, IinD said:

One of my favorite memories was all our fans flooding the streets afterwards. That corner where the pointy church looking place is had a sea of blue at the corner I remember....

This..... OMG it was amazing, I was on cloud 9!!!!!!! Even the people waiting in traffic were having a great time celebrating! One of my fondest memories, thanks @NannyMcafee for bringing this up!!!

Oh thanks for this memory.

I was sitting in church for the 1st half. My phone kept vibrating from texts, and I couldn't check my phone because I was sitting with my parents. Living in CT I had absolutely no Colts friends, and EVERYONE knew I was the only Colt fan around, so I could just feel in my stomach bad things were happening. 

Got to my friends house (pats fan) just in time to see us march for a FG to make it 21-6 before halftime. The rest of the game was soo intense. I just remember Fletcher caught a wicked passed. Reggie wayne always made me THROW up. Addai blessed my heart, and Marlin Jackson almost sent me to Heaven!

I couldn't sleep the rest of the night either. 

On 4/14/2020 at 9:03 AM, NannyMcafee said:

What a great memory! Shout out to @coltsfeva for reminding me of our history. Had to do a google search of the game. 

Enjoy Colts fans!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2018/8/1/17633246/where-were-you-when-the-colts-came-back-to-beat-the-patriots-in-the-2006-afc-championship

Where were you guys?

Giving the writer an L for not including the date the actual game was played.

I googled it. January 21, 2007.

The day my grandma passed away. I will be rewatching it this weekend to hopefully get some much happier memories!

I honestly don't remember where I was, but I am sure my lips were desperately affixed to an alcoholic beverage, making ridiculous promises to any and all gods that might be listening for a victory. But I am quite clear that I had a stupid grin for the rest of the day as I called each and every football fan in my phone......and reminisced like a proud papa when the Colts gave birth to a SB appearance!

On my couch with my wife. After the Samuels pick, she said; “I can’t watch this!”

After every 2nd half score, I announced;     “ Colts just scored!” Till she finally started watching again.

This game is in the running for the greatest game ever played, IMHO

I was sitting at home like a chicken by myself with my phone turned off because I did not want to be bothered. That game had me so nervous I had to watch it by myself so I could walk away from the TV at times. I went to Florida with a friend when we played the Bears in the SB and enjoyed myself, I knew we would win that game :thmup:

On 4/14/2020 at 9:03 AM, NannyMcafee said:

Enjoy Colts fans!

Where were you guys?

On 4/14/2020 at 4:21 PM, Indeee said:

Good post.

How many of you that transferred seats to LOS got better seats or worse?

Level 3 in LOS is primo to  me.    Best seats in the house and impossible to get.   

Curious how the change over went 

Archived