Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Matt Miller Big Board+Positional Rankings

Couple of interesting things

-OnvQBs he has James Morgan and Jake Luton, who we’ve discussed recently, ranked above Anthony Gordon. @Chloe6124

-Jordan Love at 31 @stitches

-Pittman is his 8th ranked receiver (over Claypool)

-Has Jeremy Chinn at 41

-Sees Epenesa as an IDL

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886062-nfl-draft-400-matt-millers-updated-2020-nfl-draft-rankings

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

-OnvQBs he has James Morgan and Jake Luton, who we’ve discussed recently, ranked above Anthony Gordon. @Chloe6124

-Has Jeremy Chinn at 41

-Sees Epenesa as an IDL

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886062-nfl-draft-400-matt-millers-updated-2020-nfl-draft-rankings

I’d take Pittman over Claypool every time. 

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

-Has Jeremy Chinn at 41

-Sees Epenesa as an IDL

I'm just making a very preliminary "big board"... I have Pittman as my WR7. Before Higgins and Shenault... and Aiyuk... and Claypool. 

Interesting.  Three RB's in the top 34.  Swift 15, Edwards-Helaire 25, Taylor 30.  If Chris is drafting BPA I would think it would be hard to pass on any one of them if they are there when we pick at 34.  I'm really hoping one or two falls into the second round to see what he does.  

45 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Interesting.  Three RB's in the top 34.  Swift 15, Edwards-Helaire 25, Taylor 30.  If Chris is drafting BPA I would think it would be hard to pass on any one of them if they are there when we pick at 34.  I'm really hoping one or two falls into the second round to see what he does.  

There is a problem. It's Bleacher Report. 

Since when have they have been close to knowing what they are talking about? 

Besides, Ballard's big board is not based on any media's board. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

You think Ballard would find it hard to pass on a RB at the top of R2?

Seriously?    I would think it’s the easiest decision he’d make.   This is the same guy who drafted Marlon Mack at the bottom of the 4th round.   I think Ballard is a GM who finds most RBs as a dome a dozen.   He will find one he likes in the mid to late rounds.

Just my opinion. 

25 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is a problem. It's Bleacher Report. 

Since when have they have been close to knowing what they are talking about? 

Besides, Ballard's big board is not based on any media's board. 

True.  But I think Matt Miller is the most respected of their reporters.  That said Ballard, like all GM's, have their own way of doing things.  I have seen the RB's rated very highly from a number of outlets so I can't imagine Ballard's board to be extremely different on overall talent evaluation.  Fortunately we will know in 10 days or so. 

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

The most interesting thing I see is that they only rate 20 players as worthy of a 1st round pick.

That’s actually pretty on par with what actual GMs say. I think in the 2018 draft Ballard has a similar figure of the amount of “premium players” he had identified. Most of the draft talk I’ve heard from analysts and GM’s suggest that there are rarely if ever 32 true “legit” 1st round talents. It’s usually 15-20. It’s why teams picking at the back of the 1st either trade up (to get a premium player) or back (acquire more capital once all the premium players are gone).

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

That’s actually pretty on par with what actual GMs say. I think in the 2018 draft Ballard has a similar figure of the amount of “premium players” he had identified. Most of the draft talk I’ve heard from analysts and GM’s suggest that there are rarely if ever 32 true “legit” 1st round talents. It’s usually 15-20. It’s why teams picking at the back of the 1st either trade up (to get a premium player) or back (acquire more capital once all the premium players are gone).

That is the equation Ballard has stuck to since he has been here. 

With pick 34, 44 and 75 more than likely he will be wheeling and dealing. 

He pre sets his value of players and rolls with it. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is the equation Ballard has stuck to since he has been here. 

With pick 34, 44 and 75 more than likely he will be wheeling and dealing. 

He pre sets his value of players and rolls with it. 

Absolutely. But at pick 34, I think there’s going to be more chance than not that someone he likes is going to be there and they’ll just make the pick.

43 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Absolutely. But at pick 34, I think there’s going to be more chance than not that someone he likes is going to be there and they’ll just make the pick.

I agree. Any of WR, OT, CB. There will be serious talent sitting there. 

14 hours ago, richard pallo said:

True.  But I think Matt Miller is the most respected of their reporters.  That said Ballard, like all GM's, have their own way of doing things.  I have seen the RB's rated very highly from a number of outlets so I can't imagine Ballard's board to be extremely different on overall talent evaluation.  Fortunately we will know in 10 days or so. 

Miller is a very nice guy who just over came a heart transplant. That being said, he's also the WORST GM in the history of the NFL with a rich history of bad drafts..

18 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Miller is a very nice guy who just over came a heart transplant. That being said, he's also the WORST GM in the history of the NFL with a rich history of bad drafts..

You’re getting your Matt’s confused. The Matt he’s talking about it Matt Miller, a draft analysts for Bleacher Report. He’s the one who made this big board.

The Matt you’re referring to is Matt Millen, the former Lions GM.

Archived