Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official: New Branding (sort of?)

ColtsSouljah

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

They need to do what Atlanta did with some of there jerseys like have either blue or white on the bottom like going up blending into the opposite of the bottom color.. I like Atlanta’s a lot

So, you’re the one!!!!

Opinions all over the map. That means that they hit the median!

I was sooooo tired of the 70's look to the Colts word. Thank the universe they changed that. Not sure if I like the numbers better....have to watch a game or two. Secondary logo? It's growin on me. 

One slight change I wish they would've made is having the away pants resemble a more light gray, to match the color scheme of the face mask. That way there isn't too much white for the away jerseys. I think that look would be more stylish, and also very sleek and clean. 

It would look somewhat similar in color to the Cowboys gray in their jersey. 

Below is a picture where it kinda looks a little gray in the pants, but that's probably just the lighting. 

The color scheme is now speed blue, white, light gray, and anvil black. I would like to see the anvil black possibly incorporated a little bit more as well. 

qitpeei9u0muo1z5mk5a.jpg

23 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Same here. It's a clever design idea...but it just doesn't look good when it's executed. At a quick glance, it's not clean at all.

It looks like the shoe rolled on its side and had a stroke.....it's pretty unappealing.  Just my opinion but I dont think either alternate design is an improvement.

13 hours ago, BProland85 said:

One slight change I wish they would've made is having the away pants resemble a more light gray, to match the color scheme of the face mask. That way there isn't too much white for the away jerseys. I think that look would be more stylish, and also very sleek and clean. 

It would look somewhat similar in color to the Cowboys gray in their jersey. 

Below is a picture where it kinda looks a little gray in the pants, but that's probably just the lighting. 

The color scheme is now speed blue, white, light gray, and anvil black. I would like to see the anvil black possibly incorporated a little bit more as well. 

qitpeei9u0muo1z5mk5a.jpg

I have always disliked that the Cowboys color of pants differs from the shade on their helmet. The lions look to me is better cause the colors are the same. 

I don't really like any of it.  

Granted I'm not big on change just for the heck of it, but I really don't see any improvements.  I think the old Colts wording looked much better than the new blocky style.   Not sure about the Indiana inside the "C"    it looks forced.  

17 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So for those curious about the actually logo. I found this. It stays that if you look at helmet. The Shoe seems more rounded. Thoughts?

Looks like they had to make the shoe a bit smaller/rounder since all of the vents on that helmet would really mess up the horseshoe.   I like the new shoe on that helmet.

26 minutes ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:
17 hours ago, NFLUp said:

I found it funny he even made a comment bout the notch in the C cause the Colts had a notch in the spot of the C in the previous wordmark. 

This sums up my thoughts pretty well:

Boo hoo, you (Cathedral) had an unoriginal idea and someone else (Colts) had it after you did. Here's a tissue. :Cry:

4 hours ago, NFLUp said:

I do like Marvin Harrison’s additions to his design though.

Bullet holes?  That’s actually pretty good!

I don’t think Marvin was charged with anything.  Aaron Hernandez on the other hand... but he was never a Colt. I think he last played for Walpole.  ;)

I’m liking the secondary logo more & more every time I see it.  I’m also excited about potentially adding some accent colors to the jersey with us officially adding gray & black to our team colors.

Remember tradition but you still gotta change and adapt to the times.  Our look could use some spice & flavor.  It’s 2020.  Something fresh wouldn’t hurt.  

Then get us the right young QB in here & let’s push Mahomes & the Chiefs for conference supremacy for the next decade.  That secondary logo could really take off.  

On 4/14/2020 at 2:16 PM, MB-ColtsFan said:

Looks like they had to make the shoe a bit smaller/rounder since all of the vents on that helmet would really mess up the horseshoe.   I like the new shoe on that helmet.

It looks like the shoe actually matches the Colts logo this time. I didn't realize the old horseshoe on the helmet was different until yall pointed it out.

Archived