Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

XFL is dead - Ex Colt P.J.Walker best player in league history

With the XFL going out of business today Walker will be known as best player in league history (At least XFL 2.0  history). He earned his way back to the NFL, always liked the guy and we bounced him back and forth on P.S. unlike anyone I had ever seen before. 

• Like 1

Tommy Maddox was league mvp in 20001 and had a solid nfl career after (He was a bust draft pick before) leading Pittsburgh to the playoffs. Paris Lenon went on to play 189 games in the nfl with 128 starts , 592 tackles so most successful by far.  When the Orlando Rage beat Smart's las vegas Outlaws Smart's fumbled clinched the game for Orlando and the camera showed my "We Hate he too" banner (I had front row season tics as one of my best friends from high school Cal Dixon was the Rage's starting center).

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah I’m with you on this.  Especially if we can resign Houston or sign another veteran ER.  Fix OT and take a WR or CB with the first two picks and we have a chance at another great draft.  I am hearing and reading a lot of reports today about a lot more teams willing to trade back.  I see that as a red flag especially in light of a weak ER class.  With all of the uncertainty this year I would prefer we draft into the strength of the class.  TY an Rhodes aren’t getting any younger. 
    • I really do not understand the idea of not paying Darius Leonard or Nelson because they don't play "premium positions". There are only so many elite talents at each position on the football field. I think most people would look at the Colts and say we have 3 or 4 elite talents (Big Q, Leonard, Bucker, and possibly Taylor). Would it be nice if we could fill each position on the football with an elite talent? Sure it would. Is it possible? NO. Elite talent covers for the deficiencies at other positions. Our offensive line was average at best before the addition of Big Q. Now the Colts OLine is looked at as one the top units in the NFL. Our defense isn't elite yet but it is much better than it would be without Leonard and Buckner. When you have proven elite talent you keep it because it makes everyone on the field better. I would love it if we could have all-pros at every position on the field but it isn't possible. When you do have all-pros you pay them.
    • MAC can take over for Doyle as the traditional blocking/possession TE.  He's not the kind of dynamic TE Irsay was talking about a while back.   If we don't acquire Ertz for 1 or 2 years, Tremble, McKitty, or Brevin Jordan from UMiami would fit that profile.   Since we're a little thin/unstable at the receiver position, acquiring that move TE this year will help Wentz get comfortable.
    • https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaelan-phillips/32005048-4925-4734-953b-176f711c1e6f
    • Eventually the other draft picks that stick with team will count against the cap, but that will be after final cuts and some of those players above them are gone.   Edit: and it is only our top 2 picks because those picks make over the $850k of our current 51st highest salary.   And (2) players at $850k will fall off when those 2 are signed and save $1.7m from that against top 51.   $3.63m(1st/2nd round picks) -$1.7m(2 players drop off top 51) _________ $1.93m net top 51 cap hit
  • Members