Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chase Young should be the #1 pick

5 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

His film is ridiculous.  He makes grown men look like blocking dummies.

"Son, we need you to block him"

final_callahan_new_sled.jpg?itok=hwdJlBl

"I'm trying, coach!"

Hes going to be an all pro his first year. He was born to pass rush. I've never seen anything like it. Ballard would never try for something like this after the Buckner trade. 

6 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I know the first pick will probably be a QB because that's the most important position and the Bengals need one.

But Chase Young is hands-down the best player in this draft.  And he plays arguably the second-most important position behind QB.

I think young will be a bust or wind up on ir. Those ohio state guys are fragile 

17 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Bust lol :funny:. Chase Young is somewhere between Reggie White and Julius Peppers. And anyone could end up on the IR. Doesn't matter what school they went to.

He doesn't  compare to either one of those guys until he takes an nfl snap. We will see if he can dominate  versus  the big boys.

I know he’s supposed to be ‘generational’ but how often does the guy who’s supposed to be ‘generational’ prove to be? Just in the last few years we’ve had two edge prospects that were labeled as such, Garrett and Clowney, neither have proven to be so. Clowney is decidedly NOT and Garrett, while he has been tremendous, has a long way to go to be on that level. Plus getting suspended for the back half of this last year really put a damper on that development. For Young to meet the level of hype he will have to be twice as good as Garrett and that’s just unrealistic. 

Burrow should be far and away, the number one pick. 

I actually just did a mock draft with the Colts randomly trading all the way up to #2 overall to snag DE Chase Young. Ballard loves his Ohio State guys.

If that actually happened, Indy would then have the best DL in football in my opinion. Having Young, Buckner, Houston, and Turay on the same DL would be NASTY!!!

Ballard trades 34th overall pick this year, 2021 1st, and 2022 1st for Washington's 2nd overall pick this year.

Ballard trades 3rd round pick to Minn for their 3rd round pick, and 3rd round comp pick.

Round 1 Pick 2 (WASH): Chase Young, DE/OLB, Ohio St.
Round 2 Pick 12: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor 
Round 3 Pick 25 (MINN): Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
Round 3 Pick 41 (MINN): Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut
Round 4 Pick 16: Harrison Bryant, TE, FAU 
Round 5 Pick 14: Van Jefferson, WR, Florida 
Round 6 Pick 14: Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa 
Round 6 Pick 18: Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan

Yes the Colts wouldn't have 1st round picks for the next 2 years to address a franchise QB, but with good coaching and letting Hurts sit for a full year, I think he could infuse some playmaking ability we haven't seen from the QB position in Indy for quite some time. I'm warming up to him as a developmental QB for a year, and then unleash him with a very talented roster around him. 

13 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I actually just did a mock draft with the Colts randomly trading all the way up to #2 overall to snag DE Chase Young. Ballard loves his Ohio State guys.

If that actually happened, Indy would then have the best DL in football in my opinion. Having Young, Buckner, Houston, and Turay on the same DL would be NASTY!!!

Ballard trades 34th overall pick this year, 2021 1st, and 2022 1st for Washington's 2nd overall pick this year.

Ballard trades 3rd round pick to Minn for their 3rd round pick, and 3rd round comp pick.

Yes the Colts wouldn't have 1st round picks for the next 2 years to address a franchise QB, but with good coaching and letting Hurts sit for a full year, I think he could infuse some playmaking ability we haven't seen from the QB position in Indy for quite some time. I'm warming up to him as a developmental QB for a year, and then unleash him with a very talented roster around him. 

My hope is to see Rivers good enough for another year here. 

46 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Oh brother

Archived