Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
CR91

With the next pick ep 2

Recommended Posts

After watching this. There are several parts where you could think they are taking about Jalen Hurts- gym rat, loves football. Also they say that is why we have coaches, in regards to improving. 
 

I also think they were talking about Jordan Love when they said they like him, but don’t like what they would have to give up to get him. 
 

Really fun watching and guessing who they are talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was really good. The fart part was so funny. Will be interesting to see how these go on since the stay at home orders are in place. The cowboys actually released parts of a zoom interview with Hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

After watching this. There are several parts where you could think they are taking about Jalen Hurts- gym rat, loves football. Also they say that is why we have coaches, in regards to improving. 
 

I also think they were talking about Jordan Love when they said they like him, but don’t like what they would have to give up to get him. 
 

Really fun watching and guessing who they are talking about. 

Yeah the only position they would be saying they don’t like what they would have to give up is a QB.  Maybe it was TUA or Herbert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I also think they were talking about Jordan Love when they said they like him, but don’t like what they would have to give up to get him.


They could have been talking about any qb. It could have been filmed before the trade was set in place, and they were referring to trading up into the top 5-10 for a qb. Who knows. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming they were talking about any one player is just an uneducated guess. 

 This piece was edited so we don't have a clue on who, when or what order things were talked about. 

I don't guess or take for granted anything said before any draft. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In light of the Buckner trade... the medical comments seem to tell us something about Kinlaw.... and I would think certainly apply to Tua as well.

 

For me... this also says something about Ballard and the scouting team’s assessment of Jordan Love as a # 13 pick.... that is, that they either never had him rated that high OR that they feel he’s a Top 10 lock but not worth the price of moving up for.

 

Any way we slice it... however a team spends a #13 pick should result in the surest  thing possible.

 

And Ballard’s own words were that we got “an elite player at a premium position”

 

Yes.... Defensive Tackle.

 

I’m so glad we made the Buckner trade. :applause:

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

In light of the Buckner trade... the medical comments seem to tell us something about Kinlaw.... and I would think certainly apply to Tua as well.

 

For me... this also says something about Ballard and the scouting team’s assessment of Jordan Love as a # 13 pick.... that is, that they either never had him rated that high OR that they feel he’s a Top 10 lock but not worth the price of moving up for.

 

Any way we slice it... however a team spends a #13 pick should result in the surest  thing possible.

 

And Ballard’s own words were that we got “an elite player at a premium position”

 

Yes.... Defensive Tackle.

 

I’m so glad we made the Buckner trade. :applause:

100% agree with your comment. I have a question. Who replaced Rex Hogan's role in the Colts scouting department? I know he went to the Jets and it was kind of a big loss. Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   I liked when Ballard told the one scout to “swallow his pride” on a pick he had proposed. This kind of “friction” is good for the team as it elevates what is good for the team over one individual’s opinion.

     It’s got to be difficult for a scout to pour his efforts into a player, only to have someone else shoot him down. No place for egos!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

   I liked when Ballard told the one scout to “swallow his pride” on a pick he had proposed. This kind of “friction” is good for the team as it elevates what is good for the team over one individual’s opinion.

     It’s got to be difficult for a scout to pour his efforts into a player, only to have someone else shoot him down. No place for egos!

That relates to exactly what happens in this forum. Even the pro crews don't agree on assessments and opinions so why should we? 

That is why I shy away from saying who should be taken where. 

After watching last years and this years with the next pick, I am sure there are players mentioned in this forum that won't even be on the Colts draft board. 

Most of us see the highlights of a player but Ballard and crew are looking at much, much more. I like it. :huthut:

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way the conversations went they could’ve been talking about anybody.  Don’t see how anyone could feel confident on who they possibly could’ve been talking about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I tried to make out the first name on the blurred board.   If you squint it kind of looks like:

 

Queequeg  South Pacific university Harpoonist

 

 

i could be wrong.  

That is agent Scully's dogs name on X-files. Good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nate! said:

The way the conversations went they could’ve been talking about anybody.  Don’t see how anyone could feel confident on who they possibly could’ve been talking about.

As far as the general “scout talk”... I agree.

 

But it’s a pretty clear line between their comments over medical concerns to guys like Kinlaw and Tua.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

That is agent Scully's dogs name on X-files. Good one.

I don’t remember that and I was a huge xfiles fan too.   I was going with moby dick on that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without question the most underrated WR with best seperation is KJ Hamler he’s my pick .Get KJ win the Division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the way that video was edited, it made you think Ballard was/still is high on Love & some of the others on staff not so much.  Notice how Ballard says “bring up his tape from last year” (Love’s good year)...  And “this guy is going in the 2nd round.”  That second one had me skeptical of it being Love whom Ballard was talking about but it’s possible Love could drop (and did drop on our Board) because of football character issues?  I still think if Love is there when the Eagles go on the clock (& Ruggs is gone) we trade up to their spot to take Love before the Pats get a chance at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That relates to exactly what happens in this forum. Even the pro crews don't agree on assessments and opinions so why should we? 

That is why I shy away from saying who should be taken where. 

After watching last years and this years with the next pick, I am sure there are players mentioned in this forum that won't even be on the Colts draft board. 

Most of us see the highlights of a player but Ballard and crew are looking at much, much more. I like it. :huthut:

 

 

Yea, i’m still waiting for all you guys to finally realize I know it all.  Haha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

   I liked when Ballard told the one scout to “swallow his pride” on a pick he had proposed. This kind of “friction” is good for the team as it elevates what is good for the team over one individual’s opinion.

     It’s got to be difficult for a scout to pour his efforts into a player, only to have someone else shoot him down. No place for egos!

 

That was about a players character, the scout thought he was going to be a problem and didn't want him. Ballard thought he had too much talent to pass on. I wonder who THAT could be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

With the way that video was edited, it made you think Ballard was/still is high on Love & some of the others on staff not so much.  Notice how Ballard says “bring up his tape from last year” (Love’s good year)...  And “this guy is going in the 2nd round.”  That second one had me skeptical of it being Love whom Ballard was talking about but it’s possible Love could drop (and did drop on our Board) because of football character issues?  I still think if Love is there when the Eagles go on the clock (& Ruggs is gone) we trade up to their spot to take Love before the Pats get a chance at him.


It would make sense of what was said later by the scout. Ballard asked if he liked him and the scout he liked him but didn’t like what they would have to give up to get him. They could totally be talking about moving up to get Love. Ballard could be on board and looking for feedback from his scouts. 

 

5 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

 

That was about a players character, the scout thought he was going to be a problem and didn't want him. Ballard thought he had too much talent to pass on. I wonder who THAT could be?

I could see that. If the rumors and reports are true of how much he likes him. It will also be interesting because a lot of the episode that discussed football character and character in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:


It would make sense of what was said later by the scout. Ballard asked if he liked him and the scout he liked him but didn’t like what they would have to give up to get him. They could totally be talking about moving up to get Love. Ballard could be on board and looking for feedback from his scouts. 

 

I could see that. If the rumors and reports are true of how much he likes him. It will also be interesting because a lot of the episode that discussed football character and character in general. 

  This is one thing I have against Rick Venturi (along with his self-adulation); he dismisses character as a non-essential. He’s not alone; I’ve heard other beat writers say the same thing. 
   Yet the Colts emphasize character. Of course, there has to be talent, but we saw instances where bad character and selfishness have negated talent.

    A lot of players can be good teammates when things are going well, but when things are not going well, their character flaws show up.

    I’m glad the Colts understand the importance of good character.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh. Guess I'll be the skunk at the picnic. I lost interest at about the 3 min 

mark. 

 

All the buzzwords are clever. The slick production is cool. It's great that CB 

is a modest guy who values an open forum, but can also yank a chain when 

it's called for.

 

But I'll just quote the Big Tuna; "You are what your record says you are".

 

I don't need to hear or see all that nonsense. I don't need FO transparency. Nobody 

wants a team full of outlaws (though I did enjoy the 70's Raider squads). But 

they don't hand out Lombardis to the team with the highest collective 

character either.

 

Just win games that matter. Everything else is a secondary, at best.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, indykmj said:

Meh. Guess I'll be the skunk at the picnic. I lost interest at about the 3 min 

mark. 

 

All the buzzwords are clever. The slick production is cool. It's great that CB 

is a modest guy who values an open forum, but can also yank a chain when 

it's called for.

 

But I'll just quote the Big Tuna; "You are what your record says you are".

 

I don't need to hear or see all that nonsense. I don't need FO transparency. Nobody 

wants a team full of outlaws (though I did enjoy the 70's Raider squads). But 

they don't hand out Lombardis to the team with the highest collective 

character either.

 

Just win games that matter. Everything else is a secondary, at best.

Yeah well the Tuna wouldn't be near as popular as he was had it not been a wide right by Scott Norwood. Plus how great was the Tuna when he turned his back and pretended he knew nothing about Lawrence Taylor's cocaine use that started his rookie year. 

Yeah, you may be right. You just may be the skunk at the picnic. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah well the Tuna wouldn't be near as popular as he was had it not been a wide right by Scott Norwood. Plus how great was the Tuna when he turned his back and pretended he knew nothing about Lawrence Taylor's cocaine use that started his rookie year. 

Yeah, you may be right. You just may be the skunk at the picnic. 

 

  Never been a NYG fan and couldn't care less about Parcells. Just used his 

  well chronicled comment to illustrate that in the end, at the professional

  level , it's about wins and losses. 

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, indykmj said:

Meh. Guess I'll be the skunk at the picnic. I lost interest at about the 3 min 

mark. 

 

All the buzzwords are clever. The slick production is cool. It's great that CB 

is a modest guy who values an open forum, but can also yank a chain when 

it's called for.

 

But I'll just quote the Big Tuna; "You are what your record says you are".

 

I don't need to hear or see all that nonsense. I don't need FO transparency. Nobody 

wants a team full of outlaws (though I did enjoy the 70's Raider squads). But 

they don't hand out Lombardis to the team with the highest collective 

character either.

 

Just win games that matter. Everything else is a secondary, at best.

 

To the bolded, what the * does that have to do with a video about the Colts scouting process.

 

Your last sentence is just nonsense, because without the "Everything else" being done well, a team does not win.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, indykmj said:

 

  Never been a NYG fan and couldn't care less about Parcells. Just used his 

  well chronicled comment to illustrate that in the end, at the professional

  level , it's about wins and losses. 

 

  

Well to some the wins -losses dominate their feelings for a team. 

Personally I look at why there were wins and losses. 

There are so many mitigating circumstances that determine losses in the NFL. 

An injury to key players, a turnover, a bad ref call, an overlooked ref call or just the bounce of a non round ball. And sometimes just pure non luck. (not meant as a pun)

If it were just broke down to wins and losses their wouldn't dedicated fans for a lot of teams. That would vary from year to year. That would be called fair weather fans or bandwagon fans. 

Are you in one of those categories? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 7:48 PM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

After watching this. There are several parts where you could think they are taking about Jalen Hurts- gym rat, loves football. Also they say that is why we have coaches, in regards to improving. 
 

I also think they were talking about Jordan Love when they said they like him, but don’t like what they would have to give up to get him.

Really, I think they were talking about Herbert.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching the end of that video, we now know why Ballard instituted social distancing before the CCP Virus went became worldwide.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2020 at 3:26 AM, pacolts56 said:

In light of the Buckner trade... the medical comments seem to tell us something about Kinlaw.... and I would think certainly apply to Tua as well.

 

For me... this also says something about Ballard and the scouting team’s assessment of Jordan Love as a # 13 pick.... that is, that they either never had him rated that high OR that they feel he’s a Top 10 lock but not worth the price of moving up for.

 

Any way we slice it... however a team spends a #13 pick should result in the surest  thing possible.

 

And Ballard’s own words were that we got “an elite player at a premium position”

 

Yes.... Defensive Tackle.

 

I’m so glad we made the Buckner trade. :applause:

I bet they have Love ranked bottom of the 1st round.  That  would explain why they are apparently still in touch with him.  No way they r trading up into the top 10

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2020 at 10:06 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Well to some the wins -losses dominate their feelings for a team. 

Personally I look at why there were wins and losses. 

There are so many mitigating circumstances that determine losses in the NFL. 

An injury to key players, a turnover, a bad ref call, an overlooked ref call or just the bounce of a non round ball. And sometimes just pure non luck. (not meant as a pun)

If it were just broke down to wins and losses their wouldn't dedicated fans for a lot of teams. That would vary from year to year. That would be called fair weather fans or bandwagon fans. 

Are you in one of those categories? 

 

 

   I'm neither. But I'm not some die hard, bleeds blue & white Colts

  fanboy either. I hated them as a kid.   The Jets win over them in

   the  SB in '68 is one of my fondest sports  memories.

 

   When they moved here in '84, I grudgingly accepted them. They 

   gradually won me over and while not now necessarily 'my team', 

   I'm a big fan, etc.

 

   But you know what I don't do ? I don't presume to judge the quality 

   of other Colts' fans fandom. Because frankly, I couldn't care less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Reich seems to be a very positive, classy person   Have you heard him trash ...... anyone, ever?   When discussing Ebron.......  no trashing ..... just that they were going in a different direction   I think with Reich, as this type of communicator, you have to measure words and actions to get the complete story.   With JB, The only negative conversation, was that we needed some improved QB play. Other than that it was always very positive.   You would think from press conferences, that JB is only a step away from being a Super bowl QB, which he isn’t    Reich isn’t a liar, he is just a person that communicates ALWAYs in a positive way.   but....  compare the actions   JB we love you but we are drafting a QB, in round 4. JB we love you but we are bringing in an aging QB to start. JB we love you but are keeping a long shot QB on the active roster (CK)   If you are JB, you like the kind words and support but you are getting the message.   We DONT want you to be the starter QB for the Colts...... HAS to be the message that he is getting.   I don’t see JB on the roster next year.     To Patrick Miller   I think folks like to see a long shot make it..... we tend to root for the underdog as a matter of cause.....   Dion Cain, Mike Hart, Chad Kelly, etc, etc,    Is Kelly a starter in this league?  Probably not   Will he be a starter for the Colts?   Probably not   The QB room in 2020 camp will be packed   But......  I STILL hope Kelly does very well in camp.....     I could see a 2022 Eason starter with CK as backup     Lastly, some of the crew is being a bit tough on Chloe..... I agree with 80% of what she posts....    It does change some, but that’s ok......     I am wrong a bunch, so who am I to throw stones?          
    • Getting Houston was addressing that need.    Welcome to the forum by the way!
    • I don’t know, Jordan is the one who introduced Tiger to “those ladies” that caused his divorce, got him hit with a club and began his eventual career slide. I don’t think that would be a good pairing. 
    • I understand why CS has the rookies ranked low but feel that anyone who is a seat filler or not expected to be a starter should not be listed
    • I know of the Simms family since Phil is a Kentucky boy and went to a Ky college    
  • Members

    • stitches

      stitches 8,746

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Cynjin

      Cynjin 2,975

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • egg

      egg 957

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 1,252

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PrincetonTiger

      PrincetonTiger 10,354

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 8,517

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TonyBungee

      TonyBungee 224

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 775

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MikeCurtis

      MikeCurtis 2,066

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • boo2202

      boo2202 488

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...