Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
CR91

CR91 Full First Round Mock (Including 34th pick)

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow QB LSU

While there are rumors the dolphins want to trade up to get Burrow, I can not see the Bengals skipping out in getting their next franchise QB

2. Redskins - Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama

Haskins imo is not the future of the Redskins and with reports saying Tua is healthy, I can't see the redskins passing on him. As for Haskins, I can see him either moved and kept to develop as trade bait.

3. Lions - Chase Young DE Ohio State

Lions are licking their chops to have Young fall to them. Along with Flowers, the lions have a nice pass rush duo.

TRADE!

4. Chargers - Jordan Love QB Utah State

This could be either the Dolphins chasing Herbert or Love or the chargers, but I am convinced if a team trades up, its for the hype that is Jordan Love's "Mahomes" like arm.

5. Dolphins - Justin Herbert QB Oregon

The QB run continues and the dolphins get their franchise QB

6. Giants - Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama

Giants have been pegged with OL, but I think the teams wants to find a replacement for Beckham and Jeudy is one good replacement.

7. Panthers - Isaiah Simmons OLB Clemson

Panthers need to boost their LBer corp after losing Kuechly to retirement.

TRADE!

8. Jets - Ceedee Lamb WR Oklahoma

Cards need to add draft picks and the Jets avoid the risk of losing Lamb to the Jags. Darnold finally gets a legit receiving weapon.

9. Jags - Jeff Okudah CB Ohio State

Jags get a steal and replace Ramsey

10. Browns - Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa

Browns signed Conklin on one side and now they get Wirfs to play RT

TRADE!

11. Dolphins - Henry Ruggs WR Alabama

Dolphins want to get their WR before the Raiders and the 49ers. Give Herbert a nice compliment to Parker.

12. Raiders - Derek Brown DT Auburn

Raiders lose out on Ruggs and go BPA to help booster their pass rush.

13. 49ers - Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina

49ers couldn't get one of the three wrs so they replace Buckner.

14. Bucs - Jedrick Wills OT Alabama

Bucs give Brady some protection

15. Broncos - Mekhi Becton OT Louisville 

Drew Lock seems to be their future and they need to protect him

16. Falcons - Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma

Falcons get a great replacement for Vic Beasly and really good compliment to Deion Jones

17. Cowboys - CJ Henderson CB Florida

Cowboys need to replace Bryan Jones

18. Cards - Andrew Thomas OT Georgia

Cards are able to add draft picks and still get Murray protection.

19. Raiders - Jalen Reagor WR TCU

This is prototypical raiders. They take the fastest WR in the draft.

20. Jags - Ross Blacklock DT TCU

Jags need to fix the middle of their defense as they were just gashed repeatedly last year.

21. Eagles - Xavier Mckinnely S Alabama

Eagles just lost Jenkins and need to add to their secondary.

TRADE!

22. Ravens - Patrick Queen LB LSU

Ravens jump ahead of the Pats to get their next great MLB.

TRADE!

23. Bengals - Justin Jefferson WR LSU

Yes I know I am doing a lot of trades, but I do feel the Pats will trade down with this pick and the bengals want to make Burrow happy so they get his favorite target and jump ahead of the saints who would have likely taken him.

24. Saints - Trevon Diggs CB Alabama

Payton can do a lot with Diggs rather thats pair him with Lattimore or put him on offense with Thomas.

25.Vikings - Kristian Fulton CB LSU

Vikings lost both Rhodes and Waynes and need to address their corners

26. Dolphins - Josh Jones OT Houston

Dolphins get their QB, WR, and now protection for Herbert.

27. Seahawks - K'Lavon Chaisson Penn State

Seahawks are still in limbo with Clowney, but if they do re-sign him, they still need more pass rushers.

28. Vikings - Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE Penn State

Vikings lost Griffin and need to add a pass rusher.

29. Titans - A.J Epenesa EDGE Iowa

Titans have been pursing Clowney, however they can't pass up Epenesa falling this far.

30. Packers - Denzel Mims WR Baylor

Packers need to find someone to pair with Adams and take pressure away from coverage.

31. 49ers - Tee Higgins WR Clemson

49ers still get their WR as Higgins falls right into their lap.

32. Chiefs - Jon Taylor RB Wisconsin

Another weapon to their already loaded offense and a lot more speed at RB.

33. Pats - Zack Baun LB Wisconsin

Pats love their LBers and after missing out on Murray and Queen, its a good trade down for them.

34. Colts - Cesar Ruiz C/G Michigan

Ok before everyone kills me, just hear me out. Yes I know I am contradicting myself from my previous mock and you're probably saying why on earth are we drafting a C while I have a couple of reasons. First Ruiz has the size and strength to play G. Imo, I think we need to upgrade Glow and Ruiz can step in day one and be a huge asset to our line. Second, Kelly is going to be a free agent next year and there are a lot of starters that need to be re-signed like Mack, Walker, Hilton and then we have looming contracts for Leonard and potentially Turay the following year. Third, we need DEPTH! There is no one currently on the roster I have confidence in to start if any one of our starters get hurt.

• Like 3

I see what you're saying.  I just think their need at WR and TE countercedes their need at OL depth right now.  I definitely see Ballard grabbing an OL or two in this draft, just not this high.  He will want to get a big WR and/or TE in the 2nd round IMHO.

But you could be right.  Who knows what Ballard will ultimately do?

I could see the Ruiz pick because he can play any of the interior OL positions and we weren't the same when Kelly got hurt.

Still prefer to see a QB and WR in round 2.

I don't think eason or fromm or hurts make it out of round 2

I think i would be extremely disapointed taking an o-line man at 34. I think Glow is defiantly good enough for us to take more of a project RG in the later rounds. Without having a first rounder and us going all in this off season we need immediate impact players not depth players with 34 and 45.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow QB LSU

While there are rumors the dolphins want to trade up to get Burrow, I can not see the Bengals skipping out in getting their next franchise QB

2. Redskins - Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama

Haskins imo is not the future of the Redskins and with reports saying Tua is healthy, I can't see the redskins passing on him. As for Haskins, I can see him either moved and kept to develop as trade bait.

3. Lions - Chase Young DE Ohio State

Lions are licking their chops to have Young fall to them. Along with Flowers, the lions have a nice pass rush duo.

TRADE!

4. Chargers - Jordan Love QB Utah State

This could be either the Dolphins chasing Herbert or Love or the chargers, but I am convinced if a team trades up, its for the hype that is Jordan Love's "Mahomes" like arm.

5. Dolphins - Justin Herbert QB Oregon

The QB run continues and the dolphins get their franchise QB

6. Giants - Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama

Giants have been pegged with OL, but I think the teams wants to find a replacement for Beckham and Jeudy is one good replacement.

7. Panthers - Isaiah Simmons OLB Clemson

Panthers need to boost their LBer corp after losing Kuechly to retirement.

TRADE!

8. Jets - Ceedee Lamb WR Oklahoma

Cards need to add draft picks and the Jets avoid the risk of losing Lamb to the Jags. Darnold finally gets a legit receiving weapon.

9. Jags - Jeff Okudah CB Ohio State

Jags get a steal and replace Ramsey

10. Browns - Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa

Browns signed Conklin on one side and now they get Wirfs to play RT

TRADE!

11. Dolphins - Henry Ruggs WR Alabama

Dolphins want to get their WR before the Raiders and the 49ers. Give Herbert a nice compliment to Parker.

12. Raiders - Derek Brown DT Auburn

Raiders lose out on Ruggs and go BPA to help booster their pass rush.

13. 49ers - Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina

49ers couldn't get one of the three wrs so they replace Buckner.

14. Bucs - Jedrick Wills OT Alabama

Bucs give Brady some protection

15. Broncos - Mekhi Becton OT Louisville 

Drew Lock seems to be their future and they need to protect him

16. Falcons - Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma

Falcons get a great replacement for Vic Beasly and really good compliment to Deion Jones

17. Cowboys - CJ Henderson CB Florida

Cowboys need to replace Bryan Jones

18. Cards - Andrew Thomas OT Georgia

Cards are able to add draft picks and still get Murray protection.

19. Raiders - Jalen Reagor WR TCU

This is prototypical raiders. They take the fastest WR in the draft.

20. Jags - Ross Blacklock DT TCU

Jags need to fix the middle of their defense as they were just gashed repeatedly last year.

21. Eagles - Xavier Mckinnely S Alabama

Eagles just lost Jenkins and need to add to their secondary.

TRADE!

22. Ravens - Patrick Queen LB LSU

Ravens jump ahead of the Pats to get their next great MLB.

TRADE!

23. Bengals - Justin Jefferson WR LSU

Yes I know I am doing a lot of trades, but I do feel the Pats will trade down with this pick and the bengals want to make Burrow happy so they get his favorite target and jump ahead of the saints who would have likely taken him.

24. Saints - Trevon Diggs CB Alabama

Payton can do a lot with Diggs rather thats pair him with Lattimore or put him on offense with Thomas.

25.Vikings - Kristian Fulton CB LSU

Vikings lost both Rhodes and Waynes and need to address their corners

26. Dolphins - Josh Jones OT Houston

Dolphins get their QB, WR, and now protection for Herbert.

27. Seahawks - K'Lavon Chaisson Penn State

Seahawks are still in limbo with Clowney, but if they do re-sign him, they still need more pass rushers.

28. Vikings - Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE Penn State

Vikings lost Griffin and need to add a pass rusher.

29. Titans - A.J Epenesa EDGE Iowa

Titans have been pursing Clowney, however they can't pass up Epenesa falling this far.

30. Packers - Denzel Mims WR Baylor

Packers need to find someone to pair with Adams and take pressure away from coverage.

31. 49ers - Tee Higgins WR Clemson

49ers still get their WR as Higgins falls right into their lap.

32. Chiefs - Jon Taylor RB Wisconsin

Another weapon to their already loaded offense and a lot more speed at RB.

33. Pats - Zack Baun LB Wisconsin

Pats love their LBers and after missing out on Murray and Queen, its a good trade down for them.

34. Colts - Cesar Ruiz C/G Michigan

Ok before everyone kills me, just hear me out. Yes I know I am contradicting myself from my previous mock and you're probably saying why on earth are we drafting a C while I have a couple of reasons. First Ruiz has the size and strength to play G. Imo, I think we need to upgrade Glow and Ruiz can step in day one and be a huge asset to our line. Second, Kelly is going to be a free agent next year and there are a lot of starters that need to be re-signed like Mack, Walker, Hilton and then we have looming contracts for Leonard and potentially Turay the following year. Third, we need DEPTH! There is no one currently on the roster I have confidence in to start if any one of our starters get hurt.

An inspired pick of Ruiz. Being trade happy maybe we go back to Miami's 39 and still get him.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, twfish said:

I think i would be extremely disapointed taking an o-line man at 34. I think Glow is defiantly good enough for us to take more of a project RG in the later rounds. Without having a first rounder and us going all in this off season we need immediate impact players not depth players with 34 and 45.

Perhaps, but it's up the aisle of Ballard's thinking. There is a clear need on the oline depth wise with the potential of him being a starter if he can beat out Glow. Imo, Smith makes Glow look a lot better then he really is.

There's no way we can afford to pick an offensive lineman with our needs at receiver> We do have Clark and Patterson and could find someone on the waiver wire for depth.

If you pay someone a compliment it's with an i. If two players complement each other it's an e.

1 hour ago, twfish said:

Well, we picked one at 6 just a couple years ago.  I'm actually happy about that pick.

When I watch college football, I generally don't notice the center, but when Michigan played IU this last season, Ruiz really stood out with a number of pulls and clear-outs on sweeps. 

I'd be happy with this pick and think it would do a lot for the Colts run game to have two high quality guards and someone who could step in at center when needed.

As for impact players, we jumped ahead of the game and got one in DeForest Buckner, and I think with 44 the Colts will go WR, TE or maybe QB.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

There's no way we can afford to pick an offensive lineman with our needs at receiver> We do have Clark and Patterson and could find someone on the waiver wire for depth.

If you pay someone a compliment it's with an i. If two players complement each other it's an e.

Clark never plays and Patterson is an unproven 7th round pick. That is not good depth.

No one knows how good Patterson is, and the Colts must like something about Clark to keep him on the roster for several years.

Again, a backup center is not more important than a starting receiver, tight end or corner.

5 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

No one knows how good Patterson is, and the Colts must like something about Clark to keep him on the roster for several years.

Again, a backup center is not more important than a starting receiver, tight end or corner.

Did you even read what I wrote about Ruiz? It's not just to backup Kelly. It's to push Glow and in case we can't sign Kelly. You have way more faith in a 7th rounder then I do.

We need a receiver more, much more. Center would be a luxury pick at this point. We could draft a project in the late rounds and see how it goes, but we have to have contributors with those second round picks.

Just now, Orioles22 said:

We need a receiver more, much more. Center would be a luxury pick at this point. We could draft a project in the late rounds and see how it goes, but we have to have contributors with those second round picks.

It's a very deep WR class. Claypool, Pittman, and Aiyuk would be there at 44

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's a very deep WR class. Claypool, Pittman, and Aiyuk would be there at 44

Might not be worth much, I don't know, but Draft Wire has both Claypool and Pittman there at 75 and Aiyuk still at 44.

They have Ruiz going at 26 and call him the best interior lineman in the draft, saying he's only 20 and "already as athletic and physical as they come."

Reich loves the run game.  Imagine someone like Ruiz along with Nelson on the O-Line.

We would still get one or two quality WR/TE, assuming they don't go QB very high.

7 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

Might not be worth much, I don't know, but Draft Wire has both Claypool and Pittman there at 75 and Aiyuk still at 44.

They have Ruiz going at 26 and call him the best interior lineman in the draft, saying he's only 20 and "already as athletic and physical as they come."

Reich loves the run game.  Imagine someone like Ruiz along with Nelson on the O-Line.

We would still get one or two quality WR/TE, assuming they don't go QB very high.

Strange. I haven't seen Ruiz in the first round.

While, I have acknowledged BPA will bbn probably be used in reality, I would love to see OL depth and WR addressed in round 2 and TE in round 3. I'd take Kmet in round 2 as well, I guess. So this is fine by me if the Colts value him highly. 

If the draft fell this way Isiah Wilson would be a great pick at 34 but I really expect Ballard to trade down. Thomas and Wilson just crushed people at Georgia last year. Chaison is considered one of the best edge rusher in this draft and he got stoned by those 2 all game in the sec championship game.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:53 PM, Two_pound said:

If the draft fell this way Isiah Wilson would be a great pick at 34 but I really expect Ballard to trade down. Thomas and Wilson just crushed people at Georgia last year. Chaison is considered one of the best edge rusher in this draft and he got stoned by those 2 all game in the sec championship game.

Another good prospect, but without question we need to address our oline depth and possibly get an upgrade.

I think the tackles in this draft will push Ruiz into the second. In theory, he honestly should be there if we want him. If we don’t take him? Well, there are a lot of teams (almost all) who could use some strengthening on the line. 

On 4/11/2020 at 2:34 PM, RollerColt said:

I think the tackles in this draft will push Ruiz into the second. In theory, he honestly should be there if we want him. If we don’t take him? Well, there are a lot of teams (almost all) who could use some strengthening on the line. 

I just think it's a very Ballard move. If he sees an upgrade even if it's a strength, he'll do it.