Indianapolis Colts

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/4/3/21207419/could-the-colts-take-a-shot-on-wsu-qb-anthony-gordon-in-the-nfl-draft

I know that I have NEVER brought this up before ....:)

This kid would be great for the Indy offense.......

Round 3 or 4 pick........

Cut Brissett.......

Let CK and the rookie compete for the backup spot........

He could be the starting QB  in 2021 or 2022

I highly doubt that Ballard will cut Brissett. If he was going to do that it would have already been done. 

I also doubt he will leave the back up roll to Kelly or any other QB drafted. 

In the Reich interview he seems to think Rivers will be here longer than one year. 

One thing we do know is we don't know. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Agreed!

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I highly doubt that Ballard will cut Brissett. If he was going to do that it would have already been done. 

I also doubt he will leave the back up roll to Kelly or any other QB drafted. 

In the Reich interview he seems to think Rivers will be here longer than one year. 

Actually quite the opposite...there is zero reason to cut Brissett right now.  The roster bonus deadline has passed.  Any cap savings today can still be realized tomorrow....and we aren't cap strapped today.

2 hours ago, ztboiler said:

Actually quite the opposite...there is zero reason to cut Brissett right now.  The roster bonus deadline has passed.  Any cap savings today can still be realized tomorrow....and we aren't cap strapped today.

IMO Irsay and Ballard both have said that we were not going to be caught without a decent back up QB.  Like it or not they both like Brissett as the back up.

Till that changes I believe what they say. 

Like I said in another thread, one thing we do know is we don't know. :scratch: 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO Irsay and Ballard both have said that we were not going to be caught without a decent back up QB.  Like it or not they both like Brissett as the back up.

Till that changes I believe what they say. 

Like I said in another thread, one thing we do know is we don't know. :scratch: 

You may be right.... but CK DID win the backup role in Denver

I would much rather see him come off the bench when needed then JB

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree as long as it were later in  the season and if we were out of contention. Jacoby proved he can win games, Kelly has not. That said it is kind of annoying when someone like Ballard says that if Kelly keeps his head on straight he can be a good player in this league. Well how often does a backup who never plays a regular season game, get a shot at a starter roll after bouncing around as different 2nd or 3rd stringers? And that's the reason I don't buy in any CK nonsense. It's not that I can't see the flashes of talent. It's that I've seen no indication anyone plans on giving him a chance to be on the field. Obviously we value him enough to carry him on the roster but still.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Honestly, If CK ended up balling out it would answer a lot of questions.

We as fans thought we kind of knew that Ballard had a pattern with what he would or wouldn't do but he totally blew that out of the water.

Most thought he wouldn't sign a high dollar free agent and he signed Rivers

He traded a 1st round pick and signed a huge contact with Buckner after most of us thought his draft picks were gold to him.

I can anticipate, predict, or have an opinion but in reality, I have no clue. 

• Like 1

I like Gordon as a 3rd or 4th round selection.... I just don’t think we’re going to make anymore moves at QB this off-season.

Unless Ballard and that ex-CIA spook we have working for us decide that Kelly’s risk/reward level isn’t worth it and he’s on his way out.... then I don’t see a scenario where we would draft Gordon.

6 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I like Gordon, but I highly Doubt JB is Cut. I also think Rivers is here a couple of years unless this season ends HORRIBLY bad!

What's bad is Brissett is still here he is trash.

• Like 1