Indianapolis Colts
DownHillRunner

Bryce Hall worth a look at in the later rounds

Bryce Hall is worth a look in the later rounds of the Draft. Hall is a 6'1 202 pound cornerback out of Virginia with 32 1/4 inch arms. He just screams a Ballard type CB. He didn't do any drills at the combine due to a season ending injury he suffered last season. Another receiver turned CB just like Trevon Diggs. If Ballard wants to spend the first few picks of the 2nd round on offense, Hall is worth a look in the later rounds. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GNxn-seKk0

• Like 2

Round 4 at the earliest. The injury he suffered was revealed to be a broken ankle, broken fibula, and torn deltoid ligaments. He says his doctors said he should be ready to go by training camp though. Maybe round 3 if the medical is really good, but round 4 is the floor. Guy hasn’t played football since October.

• Like 1

Depending upon medical, the guy is 2nd round value according to C. Landry, and he ranks all defensive backs in a lump-

6.0 = Mid to late 2nd Round Value (4)

13. BRYCE HALL–VIRGINIA—————–CB
14. ASHTYN DAVIS–CAL BERKELEY———–S
15. CAMERON DANTZLER–MISS STATE———CB
16. NOAH IGBINOGHENE–AUBURN————-CB

I guess it depends on how you define later rounds?

Im not sure he will get past R4.   And certainly not past R5.   But if healthy,  he’s a Day 2 pick...   

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I guess it depends on how you define later rounds?

Im not sure he will get past R4.   And certainly not past R5.   But if healthy,  he’s a Day 2 pick...   

Yeah I’m a little skittish about those injuries but IF he clears his medicals.... I’d be a buyer in Round 5.

If he were healthy he probably goes late R1-early R2, but from what I've heard his injury was pretty bad(we are talking about Gordon Hayward type of ankle injury) and with the corona virus throwing medical checks and interviews into disarray, it's possible a lot of teams would avoid drafting him. He may fall to R3-4 maybe? No idea if we have all the medical information we need from him and if he will be cleared by our staff, but if he is, he is indeed a great fit for our system and for what Ballard seems to like from our DBs. If he's medically cleared, I personally would be perfectly fine if we drafted him even in the 2nd-3d round range. I think he's a high level talent with great physical traits, physicality and instincts to play in our system.

• Like 1

In some of those highlights, he looked like a LB/S hybrid. He sure does tackle like a LB/S and the guy is huge. When I first saw him I thought he was at least 6'2. The COVID-19 outbreak has really put teams in a bind of getting medicals from these prospects. Walter Football has him in the 3-4 range while others have him going mid 2nd round. 

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

but from what I've heard his injury was pretty bad(we are talking about Gordon Hayward type of ankle injury)

IDK if you saw my post earlier but the injury was a broken fibula and torn deltoid ligaments. He hasn’t been able to play or workout since October. Might be Jaylon Smith bad.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 12:27 PM, Defjamz26 said:

IDK if you saw my post earlier but the injury was a broken fibula and torn deltoid ligaments. He hasn’t been able to play or workout since October. Might be Jaylon Smith bad.

That is a shame should it be the case. He returned for his senior year when many thought he would be taken in the 1st or 2nd after last season.

If you believe he can recover from the injury I wouldn’t be opposed to taking him as soon as necessary to secure his services.

Once you mentioned Hayward I was a little scared off I must admit. He has never looked the same to me since that injury. Glad he was playing better this year but still nothing like pre-injury Gordon in my opinion.