Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have shown interest in Mims

I think he'd be a steal if the Colts got him with a 2nd round pick, but I honestly just can't see him getting past the 1st round. He's got just too much athletic playmaking potential, and I can't see there not being at least one team, and likely more, zeroing in on him.

As just one example, if he gets to the Niners at the end of the 1st, I can't see them letting him go. I can even see them taking him with the 13th pick they got from Indy for Buckner. I think he has that much potential.

But heck yeah, if he's somehow still there at 34, I'm taking him immediately.

There are sources from the Bengals saying Mims will be Bengals' #33 pick if he falls to R2. Those are not to be underestimated because the same sources were saying Mixon won't fall past the Bengals in R2, too... 

So yeah... even if he falls in the 2nd round, he very well still might not get to us at 34. 

12 hours ago, ColtJax said:

There's going to be a guy everyone has as a top 15-20 pick that falls to us. Maybe a OT? Most likely a WR since the draft is so stocked this year. Higgins or Mims, if both fall what would your pick be?

If I'm the GM I'm taking Mims. If he's gone I would go BPA regardless of position or trade down and take Higgins, Reagor or Claypool with our next pick. 

19 hours ago, ColtJax said:

There's going to be a guy everyone has as a top 15-20 pick that falls to us. Maybe a OT? Most likely a WR since the draft is so stocked this year. Higgins or Mims, if both fall what would your pick be?

Mims. I think Higgins is a bit overrated. Got exposed in the playoffs against better corners

Personally, don't think they are drafting him and his 2.8 yard average of YAK. 

Plus it's too public and against Ballards m.o.

Shenault, Aiyuk and/or Claypool. One or two of them I can see as a Colt. Big, strong, run after and solid blockers on the edge and downfield with teams abilities.

Something TELLS ME WE COULD GET Jonathan Taylor OUT OF Wisconsin with the 34th pick. Most of the models I've seen have him falling to round 2. I could see that, we need another quality running back and he looks like a good one..

5 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Something TELLS ME WE COULD GET Jonathan Taylor OUT OF Wisconsin with the 34th pick. Most of the models I've seen have him falling to round 2. I could see that, we need another quality running back and he looks like a good one..

Taylor, Dobbins, Swift or possibly a couple of other backs - if any is there at either 34 or 44, which I have to think some will be, I'd love to see them get one of them. Given how much more likely it is for a talented running back to be able to produce in his rookie year than at most other positions, I can only imagine what this offense could look like with Mack and one of those guys mashing teams for 4 quarters behind this line. Or heck, save the draft pick and sign a productive guy like Carlos Hyde, who I believe is still available. But even using a draft pick, they still have high picks in the 2nd and 3rd round to get a good receiver and another talent at another position.

44 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

With Mack, Hines and Wilkins, why do people think the Colts will draft a running back when we had almost nothing in the receiving corps last year. I think a running back in the fifth round would be a reach.

Due to the Colts not really possessing a true power/bruising running back on this roster. I would be fine getting a guy like AJ Dillon in the 5th if he were there.

Archived