Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Todd McShay’s New Mock Draft Has the Colts Taking Two Big Bodied Weapons in the Early 2nd Round

Yeah I had the same in my latest mock. But I had Pittman in round 3 because I had us getting a CB in the 2nd first then Kmet. In hindsight it’s probably a pipe dream to think Pittman will be there in the 3rd.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:38 AM, Scott Pennock said:

I had us taking Shenault at 34 and Aiyuk at 44 and tripled down in tje 5th with brcen hopkins..........

You don’t want Shenault. Most over hyped WR in the draft and he’s barely a receiver.

I pay for scouting service because I'm too lazy (and not knowledgeable to do my own, nor trust 'free' sites) and short on time t scour mags, blogs/vlogs and sites all day.

They have listed Kmet as an early round 2 grade, and the #1 TE on their list.  Pittman (#13) is a round 3 grade, like Claypool (#15), but 2 slots higher on the X/Z/Slot list.

• Thanks 1
On 4/1/2020 at 12:38 AM, Scott Pennock said:

I had us taking Shenault at 34 and Aiyuk at 44 and tripled down in tje 5th with brcen hopkins..........

Chris Landry (Scout) has Aiyuk and Shenault as early 2nd round value, and #6 and #7 on his WR (X/Z/Slot) respectively. Seems possible if the ball bounces right. OTOH... He has Brycen Hopkins as 3rd round value, and his #2 TE on his list behind Kmet, as above.

Reaches on both drafting Pittman and Kmet that high in my opinion. I do like Pittman, but not until early round 3. And I like TE Harrison Bryant more than Kmet. Bryant could be had round 3 or 4. 

• Confused 1

I too like the idea of addressing a larger receiver and tight end early. I’m also not opposed to going CB and OT in the second.

this just feels like a great draft to go BPA because there are at least those 4 positions that should have talent deserving of the pick on the board and can contribute immediately.

personally I think you have to take Kmet at 34 if you want him. Being the number 1 TE in a universally weak class may set him up to be taken higher than most expect. 

my preference would probably be WR and CB in either order in the second and address a receiving TE later like Albert O from Mizzou in the 3rd or 4th.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Chris Landry (Scout) has Aiyuk and Shenault as early 2nd round value, and #6 and #7 on his WR (X/Z/Slot) respectively. Seems possible if the ball bounces right. OTOH... He has Brycen Hopkins as 3rd round value, and his #2 TE on his list behind Kmet, as above.

That is why it is a guessing contest.....lol

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Reaches on both drafting Pittman and Kmet that high in my opinion. I do like Pittman, but not until early round 3. And I like TE Harrison Bryant more than Kmet. Bryant could be had round 3 or 4. 

What do you like about Bryant more than Kmet? Kmet is a better athlete and receiver and comes from a school with a pedigree for producing NFL TEs. Bryant is a better blocker right now though.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

What do you like about Bryant more than Kmet? Kmet is a better athlete and receiver and comes from a school with a pedigree for producing NFL TEs. Bryant is a better blocker right now though.

I like his drive to be great more so than Kmet and I like his overall game better. 

As deep as the wide receiver class is, I'd take Kmet with the 34th (he will not be there at 44) and draft Eason with the 44th. A reciever nobody is talking about that's being slept on is Q. Cephus out of Wisconsin. That's just my wishful thinking/opinion.

20 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

That is why it is a guessing contest.....lol

For many, it's an educated and informed guess taught by years of experience. And they get paid to do it.

https://landryfootball.com/about-chris/

1 hour ago, Repeat Offender said:

A reciever nobody is talking about that's being slept on is Q. Cephus out of Wisconsin.

Maybe it is that he really is seen as a rotational/roster player of 5th round value, like C. Landry feels. Landry has 25 receivers rated 4th round and higher above him.

20 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I like his drive to be great more so than Kmet and I like his overall game better. 

While I agree that I like Bryant more, I think his status as a 3rd rounder is fair an not underrated. He does come from a small school and TEs typically don't get drafted all that high. So it seems fair that Kmet be placed in the second and Bryant left in the 3rd. I LOVE Bryant's potential but Kmet seems safer so if he's sitting there at 44 I think we should definitely eye him for consideration because there is no guarantee Bryant will be there at 75.

23 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I also have Bryant over Kmet too. I don't dislike Kmet, I just like Bryant alot more. Kmet is an absolute mammoth of a body. IMO, I don't think he's a better athlete than Bryant though. I know he tested similarly, but on game tape, his play speed is not that high, he reminds me a bit of MAC. 

I think Bryant is more agile, better in and out of routes, and he blocks his absolute tail off (former lineman.) Also, he was a zero star recruit out of high school, so you know the kids work ethic to get where he is now is off the charts.

• Like 1